Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier bundles

Thanks

Default Carrier bundles
    I was wondering. If deleting unnecessary language packs frees up some ram, would deleting carrier bundles do the same?

Didn't we go over this....

Language packs can help with a little speed and maybe ram. Overall you might as well do this if you doing the daemon tweak.

Carrier bundles. I doubt they are being loaded so no benefit would be here here...

You can get the language pack removal script HERE
    No signature links... Thanks

Thanks

I did the language pack script, but I thought the carrier bundles was a maybe. Just wondering if anyone new for sure. If it's unlikely, I won't bother messing with it.

So, other than the language packs, do you have any other recommendations for a 3g?

I didn't do any daemons tweaks because I didn't really understand the procedure. Is there anything like the script for the language packs that is made for the daemons( I don't even know if that makes sense)
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-16 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah they could do something.. I may be getting a 2G soon so I can mess around. Be sure to check out my forum and I'll be posting there......

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    I did the language pack script, but I thought the carrier bundles was a maybe. Just wondering if anyone new for sure. If it's unlikely, I won't bother messing with it.

So, other than the language packs, do you have any other recommendations for a 3g?

I didn't do any daemons tweaks because I didn't really understand the procedure. Is there anything like the script for the language packs that is made for the daemons( I don't even know if that makes sense)
    I already told you about my daemon script! its just automated in Cydia.... This will give you far more than the langauage script and is easier to install.....
    Last edited by Sull; 2010-03-16 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think I'm losing my mind. Yeah, I did do that tweak you mentioned for the daemons. I didn't notice much difference though.

I m sofa king wee Todd did
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-16 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

CLEARY!!!!!!!

Some don't notice much, but none the less you should see a little increase in performance and maybe free up a little ram. On the 3G it will be way less as the device has half the ram a 3Gs does......

If you want more speed you have to many mobile substrate addons installed. Go into SBSettings and look to see how many you have running. Do you use them all ? NO uninstall them.

Sull's Tip Of The Day!

Thanks

Do you mean when you go in and click on processes?

Let me break this down for you!

Slide your finger across the top of your screen to open SBSettings > More > Mobile Subrate Addons, now you will see a list of your currently installed MS addons

PS. I am making a cool guide you may enjoy....