Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voice Control: GET SERIOUS OR GET OUT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Have you guys seen this in xsellize?

Voice control will be a very useful feature for all of us, so i found a way to setting up the voice control in your iPhone 2G or 3G just like iPhone3GS. (only for OS3.0 and OS3.1)

Click the image to open in full size.

Two applications you need to download:-

1. Voice Control ( MediaFile , Megaupload , Rapidshare , 2Shared )
    2. Appflow ( from Cydia )
    or
    Without any other app by following here.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by r0bop0lo View Post
    Edit: Here are two files which when added will give you a toggle for Voice Control in Settings-General-Home

/Applications/Preferences.app/Home Button.plist
    /Applications/Preferences.app/English.lproj/Home Button.strings
    Home Button.plist - Megaupload , Rapidshare , 2Shared
    Homt Button.strings - Megaupload , Rapidshare , 2Shared

Instructions:-
    1. You need to SSH the voice control.app into your \stash\Application
    2. Set permission voice control.app to 0755
    3. Respring
    4. Go to cydia and search for appflow
    5. Install Appflow
    6. Open Appflow, scroll down until you get Voice Control and Assign To Double tap
    7. Try your Voice Control by double tap your home button / double tap on the app icon.

Example: If your contact list have Annie, You can try say "Annie" then you'll see the screen switch to Annie contact and you may say "Home" to call home, "Mobile to call mobile and so on~...

Voice commands:-
    Switch to Contact
    Switch to iPod
    Switch to Bookmarks
    Go Back
    Try Again
    and etc ~~

This was posted by somrone named actisys and according to people on that site it works.

yeah, that was a mod someone made a WHILLE ago,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

a mod I made a while ago.. GIVE CREDIT GUYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasa View Post

Voice control will be a very useful feature for all of us, so i found a way to setting up the voice control in your iPhone 2G or 3G just like iPhone3GS. (only for OS3.0 and OS3.1)

or
    Quote:
    Edit: Here are two files which when added will give you a toggle for Voice Control in Settings-General-Home

1. You need to SSH the voice control.app into your stashApplication
    3. Respring
    5. Install Appflow
    6. Open Appflow, scroll down until you get Voice Control and Assign To Double tap
    7. Try your Voice Control by double tap your home button / double tap on the app icon.

Example: If your contact list have Annie, You can try say "Annie" then you'll see the screen switch to Annie contact and you may say "Home" to call home, "Mobile to call mobile and so on~...

Switch to Contact
    Switch to iPod
    Switch to Bookmarks
    Go Back
    Try Again
    and etc ~~

This was posted by somrone named actisys and according to people on that site it works.
    -,-: Have to say slightly like Voice Control @ 3GS .. Yeah, i found it somewhere. For temporary usage i believe it's ok

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasa View Post

or
    Quote:

1. You need to SSH the voice control.app into your stashApplication
    3. Respring
    5. Install Appflow

Switch to Contact
    Switch to iPod
    Switch to Bookmarks
    Go Back
    Try Again
    and etc ~~

Thats just Vocalia. and its in the App Store. nowhere near as good as the native voice control of the 3GS

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

Sorry, Macfan. XseIIize isn't the most reputable website out there. They are responsible for most of the Cydia software pirating out there. Don't expect too much out of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macfan406 View Post
    a mod I made a while ago.. GIVE CREDIT GUYS!!
    Giving you credit for something is not the issue, giving you credit every time someone breathes "voice control" is the problem. Ever seen someone give someone a drink or a pack of chips and remind them for the next 8 weeks that they were the one that gave them the drink or chips? Nobody likes that person, and that person usually can't figure out why.

You started this thread with a negative attitude and commanding people to get out of it, etc... News train bucko, it's the internet. You don't own it, nor the site even, nor VOICE CONTROL, apple designed it. You don't own any of it, you're trying to take credit (and make sure everybody know is) for ALL of it.

My advice to you is to:

~ Chill out. A lot.

~ Quit making references to sites that are putting YOU in a bad light.

~ Quit being the annoying kid that always want everyone to look at him and give him some props for hacking someone elses work (AHEM....APPLE voice control).

If you want to make progress on VC and you are excited about it, then good for you. Leave all the other drama out of it and someone might pay attention to you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

devteamtools (2009-10-12), wyndwarrior (2009-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Giving you credit for something is not the issue, giving you credit every time someone breathes "voice control" is the problem. Ever seen someone give someone a drink or a pack of chips and remind them for the next 8 weeks that they were the one that gave them the drink or chips? Nobody likes that person, and that person usually can't figure out why.

You started this thread with a negative attitude and commanding people to get out of it, etc... News train bucko, it's the internet. You don't own it, nor the site even, nor VOICE CONTROL, apple designed it. You don't own any of it, you're trying to take credit (and make sure everybody know is) for ALL of it.

My advice to you is to:

~ Chill out. A lot.

~ Quit making references to sites that are putting YOU in a bad light.

~ Quit being the annoying kid that always want everyone to look at him and give him some props for hacking someone elses work (AHEM....APPLE voice control).

If you want to make progress on VC and you are excited about it, then good for you. Leave all the other drama out of it and someone might pay attention to you.
    and how did this make things better, gett out of here, as the thread says, if your gonna bash GET OUT

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I AM SICK OF THIS! IF ONE MORE THING HAPPENS, I WILL TELL A MOD TO SHUT DOWN ALL OF THESE THREADS AND THE PROJECTS WILL ONLY BE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH PRIVATE CHAT.. I AM STARTING TO THINK THAT VIRTUEDESIGN MADE THE RIGHT MOVE.. ANY PROGRESS I MAKE WILL NOT BE POSTED HERE...

TO EVERYONE WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVED ME..
    I am sorry, but i am fed up with the haters.. PM me for my credentials to im email and skype if you want to discuss the project

I, LIKE VIRTUEDESIGN, AM SIGNING OFF ON THIS PROJECT.. GOOD LUCK GETTING IT TO WORK YOURSELVES.. (YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT)

-macfan406

***DEVELOPMENT CLOSED***

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

man we have some whiny little runts here... just cheering you guys on

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

excuse me.. That "runt" happens to be a developer.. Get out of here!! we don't need the bashing!

-macfan406

P.S. I can and WILL have this forum closed if i see more bashing.. KNOCK IT OFF

Thanks

Seriously, dude... change the name of the thread. Sure, it's intriguing, it brings a lot of views and all but doesn't serve you well. The vast majority of folks DO appreciate your work and all other dev's work but there's nothing you can do about everyone else.

Asking and setting rules (especially with a tone) will ALWAYS backfire. This thread is a good example.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i will. .but i dont know how

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

macfan, you are incredibly ***, go ahead shut the thread down and threaten everyone. Better yet get a life, so far I was liking this site until I come across one of your little *****, threat post just shut up. Your not the only one or the owner of the site so just stop, all of you guys just stop its that simple.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nicholasa For This Useful Post:

devteamtools (2009-10-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow. Didn't I get an infraction for the same ****.. haha..

EDIT: All these VC threads are pointless, they go round and round w/ different ideas and still stuck at the same problem, then everyone gets frustrated w/ the runarounds and then the bashing happens then supposed 'developers' become angry and then 'pseudo-closing' of threads happen and people leave said ==> projects. Macfan just 'close' this thread and make private of VC until a workable build is made. Funny how no one has bashed on the vid-recording thread.. hah.
    Last edited by Metroplex; 2009-10-12 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
    Wow. Didn't I get an infraction for the same ****.. haha..

EDIT: All these VC threads are pointless, they go round and round w/ different ideas and still stuck at the same problem, then everyone gets frustrated w/ the runarounds and then the bashing happens then supposed 'developers' become angry and then 'pseudo-closing' of threads happen and people leave said ==> projects. Macfan just 'close' this thread and make private of VC until a workable build is made. Funny how no one has bashed on the vid-recording thread.. hah.
    Totally, agree, there is no real developer here. The ones that say they are really just took your donations with nothing in return.

As explained numerous times, most of the apps that are compiled specifically for 3g[s] require more than simply changing the binary to run on Arm6 versus Arm9. Arm9 supports Thumb2 instructions that need to be translated. So hacking this kind of 3g[s] vanilla apps is simply too much work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

However this is my thread and do not tolerate bashers. And Everyone pissed off VirtueDesign who was the only one who made any progress... So shut up before you say stuff...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Technically Macfan, VD didn't make ANY progress with VC. At the most all he did was make a different approach to solving a problem and utterly failing at it. Steps are as followed to what he actually did: He attempts to get VC to work using 3GS files, which fail. Then he tries again.. also fails. Then others tell him that it won't work, but of course everyone says VD is right but of course he fails. Then he asks for donation, take said donations and get a 3GS. Then say he was still gonna help cause he had a 3G then lie once more and then he gives out files (oh and w/o instructions) that would not work and throws a fit about them being 'leaked' then says he won't work on VC anymore on MMi. You see the pattern here.

But I'm not bashing here, just stating obvious facts and before I was just telling you the most appropriate way to handle this because this thread will also become the same as the first VC thread which is 70+ pages of BS. And at the end of it all VC probably, most likely won't be solved.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no not really. VD has given me the files that work, but do to a newly created NDA, that's all i'm allowed to say... Geomazo has his blackra1nb0w project too.. just keep watching.. I'll tell you when things happen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast