Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 3.0 Accessibility

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

well then i guess the only way in testing stuff out is by taking a risk and testing it on our iphone itself...

I have done some looking into the whole situation and believe it will be a lot more difficult to get the 3GS accessibility files running on a 3G (it is beyond my abilities anyhow).
    All of the binaries would have to be recompiled for the arm6 processor and the old GPU in the 3G.
    Manually Hexing all the files would be seriously difficult, especially if we don't have any "Templates" to organize the binaries in a hex editor.

that said, in the spirit of things I don't want to give up on the matter, but because I have next to no programming experience it would be silly of me to assume that I could make any real progress.

maybe we need to go at a different angle on this one.
    instead of backporting apples 3GS files to run on a 3G, would it not be prudent to work on creating our own form of Accessibility.

I definitely need some form of screen inversion to be able to work better with the iphone (white on black is easier for me than black on white). This may be accomplished in the form of a winterboard theme.

As for Screen Zoom. that would be much more difficult. I have no idea how to tackle that.
    as far as I can tell it requires some knowledge of how to program the GPU and maybe this can be done with the tools available on the iphone SDK + Xcode.

Voice-over, is actually the least practical for me and I'm not too interested in as it slows down the function of the phone and can be more of a nuisance than a helpful tool to get around the phone.

Mkblade, what's your take on the situation?

Thanks

I do agree--bcuz i know accessibility is quite harder than one thinks in porting..as if u think about it, it would require much more cpu power+ram then even voice control..the fact that it can zoom-touch,voice-over,inversion,etc...that is considerable power for a "phone" to handle..so i think it is best if we were to "design" our own app and then create a substrate for it so it would be built into the settings.app and wouldn't require an icon..that can handle all accessibility like features......possibly the same for voice control as well...

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

^ yes ive thought of that as well. an app could be made that has the same functionality type as winterboard, but to add 3GS fuctionalities. wish someone would get to work on something like that! *wink, wink*

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I definitely need some form of screen inversion to be able to work better with the iphone (white on black is easier for me than black on white). This may be accomplished in the form of a winterboard theme.
    there already is a partly completed theme in cydia called "black on white". its just the springboard icons, background, and dock, so not much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to devteamtools For This Useful Post:

jdriessen (2009-10-16)

thanks I didn't know about that one.

for me, the springboard is the most usable part of the phone.
    my main problem are the scrollable lists (ie. contacts) I would love to see that as white on black or orange on black.
    I looked at winterboard, (although there isn't a complete documentation for it) I found theming quite easy to do. the only problem is that I havn't been able to find a way to adjust background colors in these lists.
    (font color I have been able to change)

Thanks

we need to recompile those files.
    AXRuntime.framework, libAccessibility.dylib, etc.

yay, but we would need the objective-c source code of those files in order to recompile them :-(

Thanks

we will never get the c-source code back..as thats not possible, the only thing we do have that we can work with is the arm assembly code

Anything on this?

Ok guys im going 2 BLOW UR MINDS if this works i want at least partial credit for thinking of it since i didnt get it to work (yet any way hopefully will tho or at least some 1 will) what if u go 2 the n82 plist under system/library/coreservices/springboard and u edit it and add (key)armv7(/key) with a value of true as well as a armv9 and i k its not ( ) but < > but it usualy blocks out it

I know this wont cause it 2 try and run anything on the fake prossessor because i have already done it but i belive it should alow the features to run because they beleive it has that prossessor, but wen it trys 2 use the prossessor it doesnt work so it uses the other 1 but any way it will think it has that prossessor and it should alow thoes features 2 run i just dont have all the nessissary files 2 get the features working(ps there r alot more than u think) so im hoping this is the only reason it doesnt work so far
    Last edited by Maxer95; 2011-03-21 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@maxer95:
    Thanks for your contribution, but this has already been tried some time ago.
    It won't work because the binaries need thumb2 to run
    and the 3G processor doesn't support thumb2 instructions.
    This "hack" doesn't change that.
    You would need to translate all the binaries back to armv6.
    That would be incredibly much work and it's not worth it.
    So better buy a iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 when it comes out.
    Last edited by koekje00; 2011-03-21 at 01:53 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to koekje00 For This Useful Post:

Maxer95 (2011-03-29)

Ok guys sry about last post just athought I didn't think any1 tryed sry 4 thoes that did but anyway I've made a major brakethrough with whited00r's ios 3.1.3 based 4.3 for the 3g anyway if u add the accessibility key and add value true it shows up but instead of being blank or coming up with an error in the settings.app it just says accessibility with a subtitle accessibility under it

Further more I also saw under some plists airplane mode had a key invert color or change color or something like that with a value of true and I relized that if u enable airplane mode it's orange, well I already knew that but what I realy relized was that orange is the inversion of blue, well ok I aleady knew that too, but it finaly was pieced together rite then, there's a different way to enable white on black, it's not really complicated, but it will take slot of time, but the point is it should work also I have given up testing with my iPhone because I've restored it atleast 50 times and it's only, like, less than a year old

And here's a warning be4 u enable the option of accessibility make sure u have all the files in all the right places then respring then enable the option or else it WILL come up with the eror if u respring after enabling the option

In that case thx but no thx I'm a hacker it's just wat I do and I will get a used 3gs but the end of next summer but untill then I'm going to continue hacking

One last thing, wen u add the accessibility option key it updates with out a respring for some reason so this is why u must first add all files then respring then add the option in order to make any progress

None of this will cause a restore to b needed as long as u have ssh on ur phone/iPod and on ur computer, or if u have ifun box installed on ur computer unforchanately I am not willing 2 atempt verymuch modding/hacking with my iPhone because it's the most ******* tempremental thing there is made bu apple and probly even more tempremental than any thing made by Microsoft plz try workng on this any1 who's reading u won't have the same issues as me as long as u have ssh of ifun box even if It goes into boot loop u can pluginto ur computer and edit the files back 2 the way they were and it will exit bootloop and boot normaly, this also works with respring/springboard crash loop
    Last edited by Maxer95; 2011-03-26 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any thoughts on this?any at all? Or am i just posting on a old thread that no ones reading any more

Just so every1 knows wen i sayd thx but no thx i ment about buying iphone 4
    Last edited by Maxer95; 2011-03-28 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i still check up on this, but i can only help by providing files from my 3GS as i don't have my 3G anymore

Alright cool at least im not talking to my self

Looks like i might have 1 more go on accessibility moding on mine but if it doesnt work.... i guess i wont b able 2 try modding it on my iphone anymore

By the way sry that last post was so long it kept automerging

Quote Originally Posted by devteamtools View Post
    i still check up on this, but i can only help by providing files from my 3GS as i don't have my 3G anymore
    Hey could u do me a huge favor and upload the files that pretain to accessibility so i could diwnload them seems all the other 1s hav been removed by the sites because there so old or something

Nvr mind i finaly found them in the old voice control thread

Can some 1 explane 2 me how to get the iphone simulator i think it would be very interesting and does it relate to the simulator.plist under springboard.app by any chance

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    OSX86 lol thats what im using lol Running mac on an AMD PC. but using a retail Leopard CD LOL
    U rly need 2 stop saying lol
    Last edited by Maxer95; 2011-03-30 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12