Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockscreen Clock Hide

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Question Lockscreen Clock Hide
    I have had this installed for a while, but it just stops working and I get the clock back. Thia happened a while back and I could not figure it out. I ended up having to restore for other issues. So I got it to work again, but it has happened again. Does anyone know why or has had the same problem. It disappeared after I synced it. I have tried to un-install and re-install. Any ideas would help. Thanks
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Green Apple
    Thanks

not sure, works for me flawlessly. I'm running 3gs, 3.0.1, dev team jailbreak

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well I have 3G on 3.01 This has happened twice so I know something must be changing what ever files change when you do the lockscreen clock hide.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

i don't know what's up with that but if you want to hide the clock just put this font in /System/Library/Fonts/Cache/
    replace the lockclock.ttf with this and then reboot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

JJMA (2009-08-27)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks I got that to work. That changed the font to transparent. Do you know a way to more it by chance I am using the theme called Arschwinn and I have changes up alot of it but like the lockscreen info. I did what you suggested and it work but I still have a big space at the top where the time was. If you have any other ideas that would be great. Thanks again. I am not even sure what the files that the lockscreeen clock hide change or how to find then to see if I can change them. Also do you know if I just SSH and copy the whole file structure would I be able to restore and then recopy the files back and it would work or would I have to reinstall everything. I am tempted to just restore to get it to work again. Thanks again for all the help. I have posted this twice and no one has any idea why or how to help. Thanks

Thanks

alright anything you change in the files you can put back through ssh and just reboot your iphone it'll go back if that is what youw ere asking i'm not sure what you asked. but also as for more things to get rid of the date you will taake the attatched en.plist and place it into /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/DateFormats be sure to back up the old one incase you want to put it back. or you can put it in winterboard that way you don't need to back it up to do so just pulace it into /var/stash/themes.xxxx/yourtheme/Folders/UIKit.framework/ and to get ride of the top bar thing that the clock and date were on you will place the topbarbkgndlock.png that will be attatched into var/stash/themes.xxxx/yourtheme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI or just replace it in /System/Library/PrvateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework. be sure to back it up. remember after you change them you must reboot for it to work if you need more gone let me know.....

the topbarbkgndlock.png is on the attatched part it's transparent so you wont be able to see it just highlight the area you'll see it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

JJMA (2009-08-27)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have tried to do that I put it in the themes folder and put the plist in the var/stash/themes.xxxx/yourtheme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI and the png file in the /System/Library/PrvateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework. I also moved the font color back to white. I do not see what it changed I have the clock on the lockscreen still. I will attach the theme as i put it together to make sure I did it right. the theme i called it is test. I will try it again and get a screen shot also
    Thanks again for the help

EDIT
    what I am trying to do it just remove the clock and the space. Iwant the weather/mail/cal/calls to move up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by JJMA; 2009-08-27 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks

the png is the top backgroudn behind the clock which with your screen shot i see you have already removed the top and bottom ones so the plist gets rid of the date but you placed it in the wrong folder read my instrunctions again

"taake the attatched en.plist and place it into /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/DateFormats be sure to back up the old one incase you want to put it back. or you can put it in winterboard that way you don't need to back it up to do so just pulace it into /var/stash/themes.xxxx/yourtheme/Folders/UIKit.framework/"

you placed it in telephony UI and if you want the clock gone then change it back to transparent. that will get rid of everything you want to get rid of except maybe not that space the space is probably something you have to change in the code for your widgets i can try to help you with that if i had the html or whatever it is that makes those things i'm pretty sure it's html

edit: i looked in your theme and looksl ike you placed the png in Folders/UIKit.framework it soushld be in Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI if you wnat it to work in your theme. but seems you already placed it in your phone's folders so that's why it still working

11. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

JJMA (2009-08-27)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

OK here is a new screen shot. It worked. I will attach the lockscreen theme I use I have looked through it alot, but do not think there is anything that will take the space that the clock would be and let the weather move all the way up. If you know how to change it in the theme that i use that would be perfect. thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by JJMA; 2009-08-27 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks

well i would love to look through it but i don't have the files hah so i don't know how it works and stuff. if it's a winterboard thing then just attatch the theme here or if there are html files then i can look at those

14. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

JJMA (2009-08-27)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I could not attach the whole theme it was to big.
    I think i attached what you would need to look at. Thanks again for all of the help with this problem I thought I would just have to do a complete restor and then start over. At least this way I have hope that I may not have to do that.
    Last edited by JJMA; 2009-08-27 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks

Alright well you can either try uploading it to mega upload and post it here or something. But I'll look at the file you attatxged tonight I'm on my iPhone now about to go out on the boat sorry you're welcome for help

17. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

JJMA (2009-08-27)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I will attach them in different post here thanks

I have attached the bundles folder the only folders I did not attach are UIImages and UISounds. I do not think youwill need those they are just png files and sounds files. thanks again
    Last edited by JJMA; 2009-08-27 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks

hmm so i looked through all the .js files and the html and i can't see anyting that has to do with possition though if you hanv't looked atht eh config.js you should there is so much more you can do to this lockscreen thing hah unless you already edited that to how you want it like the SMS thing to be gone and stuff. or voicemaill and so on. but yeah i can't find anything though i did notice that plist.js was missing fro the js folder in Bundles so i'm not sure what hat has but it's missing and the html is calling it so i dunno sorry man unless it's in that i cant find anything

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well thanks for looking. I have edited the config file. For the plist.js missing. I am not sure there is the attached on that is in Bundles\com.apple.springboard\en.lproj would that be it. I have the original that I download but I do not see it in there either then. I have started to learn some what how to modify some of the files but really do not know what they are all for. Like that file listed above looks like
    /////
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>ALARM_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>CALENDAR_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>CF_USER_NOTE_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_ANSWER</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_CALL_BACK</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_CANCEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_LISTEN</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SMS_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>TIMER_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    //////

and I know I can change the text here to affect the SLIDE TO ANSWER and stuff like that. I think I am learning this stuff fast but sometimes do not get tall the information from people. I have made posts in the past about what do the different files do, but never got even a somewhat answer. Thanks again for all of the help. The only thing I can do is give you Thanks. I would also like to add you as a friend in here so if I really get stuck I cam message you. Cool?

Thanks

no that's not it that's the file path to change those words that you said there are tooonnnnsss of things you can change by using that i can give you a list of things you need to type to change the things if you want. but no the file i'mt alkigna bout isn't SpringBoard.strings it's plist.js which is a java script that the html is calling, it says it's in com.ashman.LockInfo/js but it's not there so i don't know what's up with that then. and yeah it's cool you can add me hah glad i could help somewhat

Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 27: Gruppled theme here check this out maybe somewhere in there there is a showing of how it's changed and maybe it just goes all the way up if you have the clock and calendar thing on too i don't know sorry

22. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

JJMA (2009-08-29)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well I just looked at the link. It walks through what I had to do to set it all up. The version that is there is slightly different so I will try it out also. Thanks I think I am going to restore and try it again. I have lots of information I like to se on the lockscreen and with the clock there I can not. Thanks for all the help again. I currently have anorther small problem with badges but will see when I restore if I can figure it out. If not I think I will be hitting you up again. thanks for the help.

Thanks

alright well seems like the same haha but okay good luck man i'm sorry i coudln't help more i'll keep trying i think i'm gonna download this so i'll try it out but don't forget to copy your theme's folder to your computer hah makes it a lot easier to put everything back and okay perhaps i can help you with the badges just hit me up