Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add seconds to Lockscreen Clock?

Default Add seconds to Lockscreen Clock?
    I've searched far and wide but cant seem to find any info on this subject - I'd like to add seconds to my Lockscreen Clock.

Any help would be great...

Thanks,

Tat

Thanks

Searched? right...
    20 second Lock Screen via Cydia

^^ Are you serious? This bloke is looking to add seconds to the time, as in HH:MM:SS. That would most likely need to be a MS extension. OR you could install the clock hide package and lockinfo via David Ashman's repo, and then create a look-alike lockscreen clock via javascript. Any of which will have effects on battery life... Especially the lockinfo, as it will run even when the phone is in sleep mode. Good luck! :-P
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

This guy must be in the military, why not buy a watch,,,, be a little bit easier than looking at your iPhone to see what the seconds are.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

Well that's even more useless...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

try a html code with LockBackground.html and use it with Winterboard

I had found something but its in french

EDIT:
    Well I got it to work 99% lol...[SSH is required]
    however it seems the seconds just keep adding on to itself leaving a lil mess of white font (ex/:ss will be added ontop of the previous :ss without deleting/fading it first)

However, if you would like I can still post what I did and maybe someone can just edit the coding and then we can have a working seconds lockscreen!
    (as I said its in french which to us it would matter but to the iphone it doesnt..it will translate to english or w/e language u use)
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-07-31 at 07:54 PM.

Mkblade,

That would be very cool - This is something I've wanted to do for awhile...NowI wont stop til' I get it - LOL

Thanks,

Tat

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Alright..!
    so like I said its in french..though editable to an extent
    But without further-ado...here are the steps:

1) SSH into phone and copy/backup the file LockClock.ttf
    (System/Library/Fonts/Cache/LockClock.ttf)

2) Now replace it with the attached "LockClock" file so that it hide the original time

3) Add the folder, "LockscreenClock.theme" to
    (var/stash/Themes)

4) As SOON as you have done this, hard-reset your phone
    (hold onto power till slide to turn off appears then turn it off and on again)

Now just go into Winterboard and apply the theme..LockscreenClock.theme

**as I said their is a type of error in the coding which needs to be fixed, but I am wrking on a better one (creating new 1!)
    Attached Files Attached Files

So, I take nobody knows where the Lock screen Clock file is on the iPhone. I know how to make it invisible but that is not what I want .... I'd like to have the seconds on the Lock screen. Thanks for the help.

tat

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

i can give you the files for my clock and it'll work without adding on the seconds but there is one problem if you care about the battery charging showing on the lockscreen when it's charging then you are out of luck cause it wont show but if you don't care i can give you my clock

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    i can give you the files for my clock and it'll work without adding on the seconds but there is one problem if you care about the battery charging showing on the lockscreen when it's charging then you are out of luck cause it wont show but if you don't care i can give you my clock
    Could you post a screen shot? i'm interested in a clock with a seconds hand.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

oh so you want like a clock clock like a watch like the other person said? not one that has the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    oh so you want like a clock clock like a watch like the other person said? not one that has the numbers?
    yeah i'd rather have a clock clock. But i forgot the phone doesn't even do that stock, and it would be crazy trying to do that. I was confusing my phone, with my car's navi lol
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

there are things on cydia that do this like black glow clock i don't know if they work on 3.0 i havn't tried but i would assume they would

It exists. Right now i have it on my lockscreen and i dont even know what did i install. im looking in the manager in cydia to get rid of it and i dont find nothing. i dont like it, but at least theres evidence it exist somewhere. lemme see if i can put up a screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1765.png