Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on 3gs with 3.0

Default MMS on 3gs with 3.0
    Ok--complete newbie here and I've spent a bunch of time trying to find this answer so please go easy on me!

I jailbroke Saturday. Worked with Cydia. I downloaded activate MMS2G but I don't know how to get it to work?

Might be a silly question-but after I downloaded into my phone, nothing happens. Not sure if I have to go somewhere or change a setting....

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That file is for the first generation iphone. I recommend you uninstall it before you have real problems with your 3GS. MMS won't work anyway until AT&T allows it for everyone.

Ditch mms2g. Download and install the hacked AT&T .ipcc 5.0 (stealth bravo has a real nice thread with instructions and a link to the file.) Next take your iPhone sim card and put it into a standard AT&T phone (I use a crappy $10 gohone doesn't have to be anything fancy.) Make a couple of calls and send a couple SMS messages so the system recognizes the standard phone. Now log into AT&T OLAM and you should be able to switch from an iPhone text plan to the standard one. Save and log out. Now put your sim card back in the iPhone. Go into settings/messages and enable mms with the slider. Now look online for AT&T apn and mms settings. Shouldn't be to hard to dig up around here. Go into settings/general/network/cellular data and enter those settings in the mms fields and exit. You may need to reboot your device. That's it. Should be good to go, this method has been working on my 3gs for almost a month now
    Last edited by metalmaster420; 2009-07-27 at 04:24 PM.

^ +1 Yeah I've pretty much done the same thing.. works perfect.. Has been for over a month, but i also have a family plan

Hey Rob, do you have visual voice mail working as well?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robhard24 View Post
    ^ +1 Yeah I've pretty much done the same thing.. works perfect.. Has been for over a month, but i also have a family plan
    Ditto...the family messaging plan seems to be the key in every phone I've attempted this process on.

CHris
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!

Default family plan
    Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Ditto...the family messaging plan seems to be the key in every phone I've attempted this process on.

CHris
    I have the family messaging plan on mine but still cant send photos and i have done all of the above lol... i think its still more so about location maybe i dunno??

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in the same boat... havent tried changing my text plan but have tried evrything else... It doesnt work for some, i personally was able to send to mms until the system reconized it and then it was no longer working, btw anyone know when mms is coming to AT&T?

Guys I did everything you tried above but what worked for me was when I put my sim back into my phone..I logged into att and saw that it changed my device back to the iphone from the razor i was using. I manually changed the device i was using (while still having my sim in iphone) back to the razor. Now everytime i log in it says im using a razor but I have standard messaging plan, iphone data and iphone voice. Hope this helps.

My 3gs is not on a family messaging plan. Works fine

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Mine still works

MMS Settings, can someone give us their working settings. I followed the directions changed my plan - No Love. Still no MMS