Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change Volume Level

Default Change Volume Level
    IS there anyway that I can change the volume level for multiple things? Like I want to have my ring tone loud, but i want to keep the noises for when i'm texting low, but it seems i can only have one or the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You could edit the sound files for texting and make them quieter in garageband. Im not sure about any app that would let you adjust the volume on multiple things

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfranco5 View Post
    You could edit the sound files for texting and make them quieter in garageband. Im not sure about any app that would let you adjust the volume on multiple things
    Does garage band run on vista? So would i just edit it to make it quieter and then just re-ssh it in?

Good question!

I'd like to lower the volume on my dial pad only.

Garageband is only for mac. I don't have vista so I don't know about any audio editing apps for it. but if you do find one you would have to ssh to your iphone go to /system/library/audio/uisounds/ and select the files you want to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfranco5 View Post
    Garageband is only for mac. I don't have vista so I don't know about any audio editing apps for it. but if you do find one you would have to ssh to your iphone go to /system/library/audio/uisounds/ and select the files you want to edit.
    Check out Audacity. I use it on my PC, but I'm running XP.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Audacity works on Windows Vista and Windows 7 also

Lets say I use Audacity, how do i go into my phone and change the volume on these settings? I've gone and made custom sounds already for texting, etc. So would i just need to edit that file and re ssh it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Injunjosh View Post
    Lets say I use Audacity, how do i go into my phone and change the volume on these settings? I've gone and made custom sounds already for texting, etc. So would i just need to edit that file and re ssh it in?
    You can use audacity to change the output level of the tone, so you can create the SMS tone to be louder/softer than the ringtone or vice versa