Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can U Sync iPhone Without SIM Card?

Default Can U Sync iPhone Without SIM Card?
    OK. This is a little bit complicated situation, so I'd like your advice. I gave my 1st Gen iPhone to my 2 year old nephew because he loved playing with it. The iPhone I gave him is jailbroken, and I modified it to suit his needs (games, icons, etc). I also removed the SIM card so that it won't function as a phone.

Now, his father (my brother) is wondering if he could load animation/cartoons for the boy so he could watch them on the iPhone.

My question is, can he sync the iPhone to load movies just as normally with iTunes even though there is no SIM card on the device? They have never had iPhone or iTunes, so there's no previously stored info on their computer.

I've never even tried to sync an iPhone without SIM card, so I just don't know what to tell him. I also don't want the phone to get wiped out or something after putting time to modify it for my nephew. Please let me know if you know it's safe to download iTunes and sync the jailbroken iPhone without SIM card or if you know some work around in how to add video files to the phone without going through iTunes. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yes... if the device is activated it will sync with or without a SIM card.