Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone VirtueDesign's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    ^Chris just restart up the ssh client and if that doesn't wrk then ur pc... It hpned 2 me also and when I did that it wrked (also try rebooting iPhone)
    Thank you, will do that when I get home!

Cheers,
    Chris

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

So...phone still does loops of respringing..and frozen so I cant do anything however still can ssh..one of the files must not have 777 permission Im guessing..

Thanks

So...phone still does loops of respringing..and frozen so I cant do anything however still can ssh..one of the files must not have 777 permission Im guessing..
    Ok, Oh ****, sorry, I remembered, you need to add the Voice Control into the International.plist files related to Preferences.app, that might help. Try that. you need to grab the Voice Control strings for the International.plist from the 3GS Filesystem.

Cheers,
    Chris

Virtue Design, I've only read a couple of pages back but in a previous post you said you have 'Voice Control' working on the 3G. What exactly do you have working? Last week I managed to get as far as getting the Jibbler screen to pop up with the tone, but it would then crash. Have you managed to get any further than this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this didnt helped me..
    my phone keeps re springing at the slide to unlock screen.

EDIT: this only happens when i add the string "voice-control" to my m68ap.plist
    Last edited by Deadline; 2009-08-10 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    this didnt helped me..

same here

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    this didnt helped me..

So i've been trying this on my iPhone 2G and it happens just like you say. If i change the string of "voice-control" to "false", springboard is normal again. I can see Accessibility tab in General setting but when i open it there is nothing in there. If i put the file "libAccessibility.dylib",when I go and try to enter Accessibility setting the Settings.app crashes!

PS:I've heard thet in 3.1 there is a processor string in the M68Ap.plist "<key>armv6</key>
    <true/>". Could we use that either for Voice control and Video Shooting?
    Last edited by zhivkom; 2009-08-10 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks

well having same result as zhivkom, deadline & nikeneeder....which is strange so that means their must be just some missing otherwise if it were wrong completely then we would be stuck at the applo logo...
    just to point out that the UIAccessibilities folder in PrivateFrameworks should be added as well because it relates to the AXRuntime..& also to Accessibility.......

ok so i see where missing some file to add to the 3g so can someone post an updated tutorial and i will certainly try it today, im free all day

Thanks

So..I almost think this will wrk if all the binaries are hexed to wrk with armv6 (like vot,voicesercies,voiced,etc. are already) I believe that the libAccessibility file might need this chnge which is why it crashes to springboard when click on in Settings---prob then even the voice-control might wrk (?) who knows lol
    Because: Accessibility >< Voice-Control (both related to each other)

So..I almost think this will wrk if all the binaries are hexed to wrk with armv6 (like vot,voicesercies,voiced,etc. are already) I believe that the libAccessibility file might need this chnge which is why it crashes to springboard when click on in Settings---prob then even the voice-control might wrk (?) who knows lol
    Because: Accessibility >< Voice-Control (both related to each other)

that 's not the problem. delete the libaccessibility file and the springboard will keep crashing

What is happening? What is the problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhivkom View Post
    What is happening? What is the problem?
    I need someone to register my 'UDID'? for my iPhone, so I can activate it. Any idea when this update is going to be rolled out?

Once I am on iPhone OS 3.1 Beta 3 for my iPhone, it should be easier to activate 'Voice Control' and 'Video Recording in the Camera App'.

I know what needs to be done, just need a device that's on the right firmware.

Cheers,
    Chris

Im on that firmware :P
    tell me what to do :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coentje44 View Post
    Im on that firmware :P
    tell me what to do :P
    Two things:

1. Can you get me onto that Firmware?

2. There is a new string you can add into the Applications plist.
    <armv6><true> - This will ensure that the App uses the 3G's CPU, it may also fix the Instructions issue.

Cheers,
    Chris

Lol. I have got 3.1b3 Firmware working on my iPhone 3G, Now I need to jailbreak. anyone able to help?

Is updating the Baseband a good idea, will I be able to roll it back to 3.0 and still get jailbreak?

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-10 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...3-1-3-0-a.html

hope this works.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtueDesign View Post
    Two things:

1. Can you get me onto that Firmware?

2. There is a new string you can add into the Applications plist.
    <armv6><true> - This will ensure that the App uses the 3G's CPU, it may also fix the Instructions issue.

Cheers,
    Chris

Lol. I have got 3.1b3 Firmware working on my iPhone 3G, Now I need to jailbreak. anyone able to help?

Is updating the Baseband a good idea, will I be able to roll it back to 3.0 and still get jailbreak?

Cheers,
    Chris

Green Apple
    Thanks

For jailbreaking 3.1b3 you should check this page http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ne-3-1-b3.html

Thanks

Can someone upload their libusb dylib file.

Located in:

'/usr/local/lib/'.

Thanks!

*EDIT*

For **** sake. How do I install LibUSB? followed instructions, but failing at 'make'.??????? Can someone help! I have LibUSB 0.1.4 downloads, as that is what is needed for iH8sn0w. Please help! Thanks!
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-10 at 08:00 PM.

Hey I've just been reading the how to jailbreak 3.1 and I remembered that i was able to do the same thing with QuickPWN. Why not try this. Use QuickPWN as usual but when you get the white screen immediately disconnect your phone and connect it to iTunes. Then try to upload the custom firmware. I've used this method to put custom firmware when I was going to 3.0 and there still wasn't any snows.

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast