Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

Is Anyone Still Working On Voice Control

I have been asking here about accessibility for the iphone because this is where I've seen the most progress on that front (am I right in assuming that accessibility is closely linked to voice control?).
    I don't want to give up on this because like many others I'm stuck with my 3G until the end of the contract period. I know I'm a minority (as a visually handicapped iphone user) but I became very hopeful when VirtueDesign had seemed to show some real progress.

It would be great if anyone who has worked now or in the past on this project to post their latest achievements in respect to getting it working, possibly Coentje you could edit your first post with an update regarding the situation?

Yes, it seems virtuedesign is not active on this thread anymore (which is a shame) as his posts seemed to hold most promise. I do not like to throw praise around ad-lib, but there have been quite a few users here working on the project, (Coentje, your work doesn't go unnoticed!)

J.

yeah, we could at least get someething

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny788 View Post
    Will never work

it wont, but native vidoe recoring is really close so we should work ontht

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny788 View Post
    The Phone doesnt have enough RAM to run the background process. its 20mb which is what iPhone/3G have free Most of the time...

Sorry..

-macfan406

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And when the iPone 3GS 3.1 is jailbroken ? I know 20 Mb *** mutch but... And how about Video Recording ? Also impossible ?

no, video recroding and accesabilty would be possible but no ones working on it, but over at the other thread it seems like they got the shutter to stay open

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Video recording is possible...as for accessibility i highly doubt cuz that is like voice-control and is actually embedded within the springboard itself..and would require much ram (think bout doing an color invert on a screen or like voiceover..thats serious stuff that requires cpu+ram) hence that is why their are soo many accessbility bundles for each app of the iphone..and its own dylib file..which if u were to put in ur iphone with arm6 it would cause it 2 be stuck at boot

iphoneVM = iPhone Virtual Memory, using a swap file it gives the iphone more ram. And since programming the VC is aborted because of to few RAM you programmers can start again!

my source: mexlinux.com iPhoneVM: Add Virtual Memory to your iPhone

I'm using iPhoneVM and my iPhone 3g has 70mb with mail and phone running.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i can try, but i need the ipod touch 2g file system.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhoneVM is F-ing nuts!!! 82mb free on my 3G with mail and phone running
    Last edited by Burner911; 2009-09-30 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Found more RAM :)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I hear its great.. but I also hear that it ruins ur flash memory. I cant remember where I read it. I just read through this just now on here and I read the other post off another website a few days ago. or yesterday. Keep that in mind I guess

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Thatskanyon For This Useful Post:

Burner911 (2009-09-30)

I'm going to uninstall it but if it helps get voice control I will install it again.

Someone please try it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thatskanyon View Post
    Yeah, I hear its great.. but I also hear that it ruins ur flash memory. I cant remember where I read it. I just read through this just now on here and I read the other post off another website a few days ago. or yesterday. Keep that in mind I guess
    Thanks for the heads up, but of course, nothing can be "ruined"
    Just restore and you're back to normal

Don't forget to hit "THANKS" if the information was helpful!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Burner911 For This Useful Post:

Thatskanyon (2009-09-30)

Thanks

well guys.. this could be the key to Voice Control on the 3G. I hope it works out. I gave up the day I bought the 3GS lol.. which was this past sunday lol. Im still holdin on to my 3G and I hope we get native video and VC.. would be pretty awesome to put the screws to apple lol. But holy crap, Apple has made it sooo hard to unlock.. I screwed up by updating to the Apple 3.1 firmware.. <----- stupid. I wanted to give my 3G to my GF and shes on a different carrier.. Hope they find an exploit soon.. it might take them 6 months or so.. it took em a while to get yellowsnow out.. and this baseband update is much more difficult to tinker with...

damn.

thatskanyon failed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Burner911 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but of course, nothing can be "ruined"
    Just restore and you're back to normal
    I did some research and I am wrong. You can not simply "restore" this flash memory :S it has to do with hardware, 10000 writes on average with about 20-30 writes a day. Using this mod increases writes making 30+ each day Bad news, iPhone will be faster but die sooner. Of course these are averages, it may have few or more writes before failing.

Don't forget to hit "THANKS" if the information was helpful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Burner911 View Post
    I did some research and I am wrong. You can not simply "restore" this flash memory :S it has to do with hardware, 10000 writes on average with about 20-30 writes a day. Using this mod increases writes making 30+ each day Bad news, iPhone will be faster but die sooner. Of course these are averages, it may have few or more writes before failing.
    Didn't I already say that earlier? Wow.. I was actually right about something lol. Yeah, avoid this mod if u wanna keep ur iPhone for longer than a year lol. Take it easy.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast