Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone VirtueDesign's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone post the iPod Touch 2G 3.0 Filesystem, I need that before I can proceed to unlocking Voice Control on 3G.

Cheers.

SOMEBODY BRING IN THE 2G IPOD TOCUH FILE SYSTEM...NNOOOOOWWWWWWWWwWWw

Thanks

Default Great News.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    SOMEBODY BRING IN THE 2G IPOD TOCUH FILE SYSTEM...NNOOOOOWWWWWWWWwWWw
    I just decrypted the iPod Touch 2G 3.0 7A340 Firmware. Will post a link tonight. Was quite hard to do, but its done now.

Let me know if you benefit from it.

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S: Port the Voice Control to iPhone 3G Guys, Thanks =D.

Quote Originally Posted by consultadrone View Post
    As I do not own a Touch, I don't even know if Voice Control is resident but just inactive as with the Nike + app. If it is, then just snag that binary, replace it into the .app package, check permissions and yatzee.

If not, then I've been working on the 'long' way around. If someone could tell me if the Touch 3.0 filesystem contains the binary, I'll go ahead and decrypt the .dmg and yank it out. Just don't want to re-invent the wheel.

will keep evry1 posted on progress.

Cheers,

cdrone
    Hey cdrone,

I have Decrypted the iPod Touch 2G 3.0 7A340 Firmware, apparently there is no files relating to the Voice Control functionality, I am guessing this would be because there is no built in Mic and people would only use it if they had the headset, thus Apple not including it in the Firmware package.

Can you please upload the modified files and share with us, I am keen to go over them and try a couple things out.

Thanks heaps man!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-05 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont thnk any1 of us should stop just bcuz consultadrone says hes got it 2 wrk 50%...we should continue on as we haven't heard from him and as an update: i thnk we have all the files that r needed for Voice Control to wrk...the only part is the enable the files to use arm6..
    so how many of u r good in hexing??

im currently hexing 2 and doing it all by trial n error

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    i dont thnk any1 of us should stop just bcuz consultadrone says hes got it 2 wrk 50%...we should continue on as we haven't heard from him and as an update: i thnk we have all the files that r needed for Voice Control to wrk...the only part is the enable the files to use arm6..
    so how many of u r good in hexing??

im currently hexing 2 and doing it all by trial n error
    Sorry, I am not the greatest at Hexing, but, if you tell me exactly what to look for, I am happy to help out!

I want Voice Control enabled on my iPhone 3G.

Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks

well its tough to know what to look for...which is y ppl are having trouble hexing it 2 begin with....ive tried many possibilities though still get Bad CPU error....arrgh!

Thanks

well its tough to know what to look for...which is y ppl are having trouble hexing it 2 begin with....ive tried many possibilities though still get Bad CPU error....arrgh!
    Why has that other guy not shared any of the files to unlock Voice Control, either he is just saying it and wants us to do it for him, or he has solved it and decided to keep the files for himself.

Sigh...

Any ideas on what to do next?

Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by VirtueDesign View Post
    Why has that other guy not shared any of the files to unlock Voice Control, either he is just saying it and wants us to do it for him, or he has solved it and decided to keep the files for himself.

Sigh...

Any ideas on what to do next?

Cheers,
    Chris

he probably has better things to do than writing tutorials and looking for specific files or even finish the mod. Just give him time let him finish the mod and then I'm sure he'll share with all of us

If you ask me , its up to the thread starter to release it or not. If he does release it , just release the files and a mini how-to. Maybe someone with basic hex editing skills can proceed and help you out. Together its possible for us to make the application working

It would be also great if you could share you how-to on changing the CPU String to get it working with iPhone 3G in the first place. I would appreciate that !

Thanks

so ive tried changinge hex values of A9, 09 to A6, 06 and changing text strings of x09,x9,a9 to x06,x6,a6
    However---no dice
    (I kind of realized it would b 2 good 2 be true by just changing that)

I looked at the Nike.app he submitted, as he claimed he got over the bad cpu by taking binaries from the touch...however i c nothing

Thanks

Default iPod Touch 2G 3.0 Filesystem.
    Hi Everyone,

Here is a link to the iPod Touch 2G 3.0 Filesystem.

Let me know how you go with working on the Voice Control and if you find anything useful in the iPod Touch 2G Filesystem.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks

any1 know basic arm assembly and architecture....if so then try IDA with the files....has some interesting functions listed..

What I dont understand is how he snagged a binary from the Touch and solved the cpu issue...i mean isn't it the voicecontrol file itself which looks for arm9...or am i missing something here..? im not saying he's full of it..as i do believe somewhat of it and the images confirm 2..but still does that mean he replaced one of the "system" files itself of the iphone rather than modding anything of the voicecontrol files......if so my question is which binary/binaries did he use? couldnt he just post the names itself (if its not 2 much 2 ask)
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-08-05 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    so whats the progress
    I think CDrone's left us in the dark, he's not come back. I think it is up to us. lets read through what he posted so far, and follow on from where he left off.

Cheers,
    Chris

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying different things.
    I think the '/sbin/launchd' file is what searches for the CPU Type.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by VirtueDesign View Post
    I think CDrone's left us in the dark, he's not come back. I think it is up to us. lets read through what he posted so far, and follow on from where he left off.

Cheers,
    Chris

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying different things.
    I think the '/sbin/launchd' file is what searches for the CPU Type.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Chris
    This launchd file is from the 3GS Firmware, beware, if you just throw this file onto your 3G before Modifying it, you will Screwup your iPhone (Requiring a Restore), the reason it would be screwing up your 3G is because it is looking for the ARM9 CPU which is not there, so it F***s Up (excuse my language, but its the truth).

Make sure your data is backed up before you attempt this.
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-06 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^lol..

but I did manage to take a peek at it using hex and IDA and their are some interesting values and functions in there...!

EDIT:
    All this time..we were saying its an ARM9 on the 3GS..however looking into one of the .dylib files and it states "armv7"...??
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-08-07 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Double Post

Thanks

^lol..

but I did manage to take a peek at it using hex and IDA and their are some interesting values and functions in there...!

EDIT:
    All this time..we were saying its an ARM9 on the 3GS..however looking into one of the .dylib files and it states "armv7"...??
    Can you change it to 'armv6' then upload it for me to see.
    Which .dylib where you looking in?

Cheers,
    Chris

VirtueDesign
    here is an idea if your not scared of editing files on your phone why don't you find out this stuff for your self instead of asking people to upload all there findings huh????

18. The Following User Says Thank You to setkeh For This Useful Post:

tomblanchard08 (2009-08-07)

dude hes just trying ot help, the other guy found it firts, so what, now he want it becouse hes also going to contribute, it doenst matter who getst eh files , whats important is that we finish this mod

20. The Following User Says Thank You to surfingboy111793 For This Useful Post:

VirtueDesign (2009-08-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Following

Thanks

well the file im specificially referring to is the "dyld" file within usr/lib/ as that is the only file so far that specifically states armv7 while all others simply just state..arm..cpu with no specific version....will let know once more is found

(it is tiring as..if something doesnt wrk then hav to restore--rejailbreak--readd all files/folder--then continue on) though i guess its worth it!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to mkblade For This Useful Post:

surfingboy111793 (2009-08-07)

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast