Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

Quote Originally Posted by macfan406 View Post
    I will stay on this project unil it's working (or until we have exhausted all options and it still isn't working) point is I will only get a 3GS of this project turns out to be a big flop (i may get one for $499 early upgd and keep my 3G for files)
    I already got a 3GS Active FileSys Dump from Vonswanko!
    #pie.

Can you upload..
    Im gonna try to get voice-control working on ipod touch 2g

Can you upload..
    Im gonna try to get voice-control working on ipod touch 2g
    He's still sorting thru it.

cool, and i doubt ipod touch will get it, iphone just has some files that ipod touch doesnt

like microhpone

hey ih8sn0w why are you kicking me off the IRC
    Last edited by surfingboy111793; 2009-08-31 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    cool, and i doubt ipod touch will get it, iphone just has some files that ipod touch doesnt

like microhpone
    You had asked me if i had 3.1b3 and AT&T official activation. Yes i do. what did you want? a

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    hey ih8sn0w why are you kicking me off the IRC
    Mibbit does that.. get a desktop client.
    Last edited by macfan406; 2009-08-31 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to macfan406 For This Useful Post:

surfingboy111793 (2009-08-31)

ok and just wondering. couse if you didnt have it acitvated with att then i would have asked you how you got to 3.1 beta 3, but nevermind, and thanks didnt know that

hey, this thread's been idle for a while...whats the progress? =)

yeah, hows the progress guys, anythingnew,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by virtuedesign
    Latest announcement, Voice Control does not work on iPhone 3G, Simply because of the thumb2 instruction not being present and insufficient memory. Hope something good happens.,
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Last edited by macfan406; 2009-09-01 at 04:00 AM.

so....does that me VC wont work? lol

I'm going to make this very brief.

There is 2 Major factors between the 3G and the 3G[S].

The Ram and the Processor.

The Ram in the 3G is 128MB.
    The Ram in the 3G[S] is 256MB.

The Processor in the 3G is 412 MHz.
    The Processor in the 3G[S] is 600Mhz.

Notice a Difference? No? I'll go more into detail...

Now, I'll talk more about the ram.

When the iPhone 3G is idle is has approx. 40MB of Memory Available.
    When the iPhone 3G[S] is idle it has approx. 140MB Memory Available.

That is a 100MB Difference!

The iPhone 3G consumes 88MB/128MB(69%) of RAM to operate.
    The iPhone 3G[S] consumes 116MB/256MB(45%) of RAM to operate.

I have actually managed to remove the Voice Control feature on a 3G[S], and it saved 20-30MB of RAM!

So that does mean, the Voice Control is a process that is constantly running in the background listening for the command to be sent. (Holding Home for About 3 Seconds).

Which means... if Voice Control was actually ported to the 3G, it would operate extremely sluggish, and may even crash at some points due to Ram availability. The port may even brick a device because it would be extremely unstable to get the system backup, if it keeps using System Resources.

Not Just ram is a major factor, but the processor is too!

If, the 3G Arm Processor was Clocked to its original 620Mhz, You may have a better chance of porting this thing. Unfortunatly, what were porting is pretty much like saying, Lets run Snow Leopard on a Macintosh II. That is virtually impossible, unless you upgrade the system extremely!!!.
    -------------------------------------
    The only main ways of porting this thing running smoothly is by,
    Clocking the 3G processor to its original 620Mhz, Upgrade its battery to a higher Milliamp, Double its ram. Its worth it just buying the 3G[S] to run this thing.
    The other user Geomazo, claims to have fully ported the Voice Control feature to the 3G. This is Virtually Impossible. There is ALL the evidence.
    So there ya go. Lets play the waiting game to see if Geomazo actually releases something. He'll probably say something like "Its not fully fixed yet, it has lots of bugs to fill!".
    Geomazo, If you did what you say you did, then prove it by sending me all your work.
    Until then...

-iH8sn0w.
    Last edited by ih8sn0w; 2009-09-01 at 04:46 AM.
    #pie.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ih8sn0w For This Useful Post:

4n4log (2009-09-01), sstarr07 (2009-09-01), surfingboy111793 (2009-09-01)

Thanks for that sad yet informative insight for us hopeful guys. At least you tried.

If one could make an app out of voicecontrol, not running in the background but opening via the double click then we would still have same functionality and not being unstable... Vocalia is an example of how it should be. Someone even modded it so it looks like VC but the speech recognition is no good at all. In order to do this we need a developper i guess..

and hows video recording and accessabilty going then, or is that gone too

Quote Originally Posted by ih8sn0w View Post
    I'm going to make this very brief.

There is 2 Major factors between the 3G and the 3G[S].

The Ram and the Processor.

The Ram in the 3G is 128MB.
    The Ram in the 3G[S] is 256MB.

The Processor in the 3G is 412 MHz.
    The Processor in the 3G[S] is 600Mhz.

Notice a Difference? No? I'll go more into detail...

Now, I'll talk more about the ram.

When the iPhone 3G is idle is has approx. 40MB of Memory Available.
    When the iPhone 3G[S] is idle it has approx. 140MB Memory Available.

That is a 100MB Difference!

The iPhone 3G consumes 88MB/128MB(69%) of RAM to operate.
    The iPhone 3G[S] consumes 116MB/256MB(45%) of RAM to operate.

I have actually managed to remove the Voice Control feature on a 3G[S], and it saved 20-30MB of RAM!

So that does mean, the Voice Control is a process that is constantly running in the background listening for the command to be sent. (Holding Home for About 3 Seconds).

Which means... if Voice Control was actually ported to the 3G, it would operate extremely sluggish, and may even crash at some points due to Ram availability. The port may even brick a device because it would be extremely unstable to get the system backup, if it keeps using System Resources.

Not Just ram is a major factor, but the processor is too!

If, the 3G Arm Processor was Clocked to its original 620Mhz, You may have a better chance of porting this thing. Unfortunatly, what were porting is pretty much like saying, Lets run Snow Leopard on a Macintosh II. That is virtually impossible, unless you upgrade the system extremely!!!.
    The only main ways of porting this thing running smoothly is by,
    Clocking the 3G processor to its original 620Mhz, Upgrade its battery to a higher Milliamp, Double its ram. Its worth it just buying the 3G[S] to run this thing.
    The other user Geomazo, claims to have fully ported the Voice Control feature to the 3G. This is Virtually Impossible. There is ALL the evidence.
    So there ya go. Lets play the waiting game to see if Geomazo actually releases something. He'll probably say something like "Its not fully fixed yet, it has lots of bugs to fill!".
    Geomazo, If you did what you say you did, then prove it by sending me all your work.
    Until then...

-iH8sn0w.
    iH8sn0w,
    The 3g may not have alot of RAM but its capable of running the voice control, its possible, the only thing you need for voice control is 30-20 RAM like you said, and the 3g has 40 free ram. As for the processor, its also possible to run the voice control, the difference between the cpu of the 3g and 3gs is just 200 mhz. You of all people should know that mhz is just a number of speed and not a number telling you if its capable of running it. Vista also runs at a pc of 800 mhz but very very slow...
    Voice control can run but it may run slow.

No offence, but from what im reading from your post is that your making a statement that voice control is IMPOSSIBLE to run on a 3g. That my friend is incorrect. It is capable.
    Im getting the feeling that the only thing you want are the files of geomazo to test it out for yourself.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excellence For This Useful Post:

devteamtools (2009-09-01), surfingboy111793 (2009-09-01)

Excellence have you consumed any drugs recently you are kinda paranoid no offense.and after reading this thread i think geomazo will not deliver anything...let's get with the facts:
    1)you are comparing a arm6 processor to a arm9 processor even if the 3g was clocked to 600 mhz it would not be the same as a 3gs
    2)the iphone 3g crashes alot due to low ram with voice control in the background it could not be operated at normal parameters
    ih8sn0w is right it is not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
    iH8sn0w,
    The 3g may not have alot of RAM but its capable of running the voice control, its possible, the only thing you need for voice control is 30-20 RAM like you said, and the 3g has 40 free ram. As for the processor, its also possible to run the voice control, the difference between the cpu of the 3g and 3gs is just 200 mhz. You of all people should know that mhz is just a number of speed and not a number telling you if its capable of running it. Vista also runs at a pc of 800 mhz but very very slow...
    Voice control can run but it may run slow.

No offence, but from what im reading from your post is that your making a statement that voice control is IMPOSSIBLE to run on a 3g. That my friend is incorrect. It is capable.
    Im getting the feeling that the only thing you want are the files of geomazo to test it out for yourself.
    Well, posixninja, even told me, it would be extremely hard to port all the thumb2 to thumb. If it was done, which is extremely improbable, It would be so laggy and most of the time, it may not recognize your voice. Also, you have to look at the processor's bus speed. The 3G[S] has a faster bus speed. and Geomazo is obviously Bull-Sh*ting. I just wanted him to prove me wrong

-iH8sn0w

Quote Originally Posted by 4n4log View Post
    If one could make an app out of voicecontrol, not running in the background but opening via the double click then we would still have same functionality and not being unstable... Vocalia is an example of how it should be. Someone even modded it so it looks like VC but the speech recognition is no good at all. In order to do this we need a developper i guess..
    The 3G[S] opens the App when you hold down the Home. Yes, it is indeed a .app file. So I attempted to port that file along with all the private frameworks, however, When I tried launching it. It would just crash.

If you were to make a clone App, you would have to write it all in thumb.
    Last edited by ih8sn0w; 2009-09-01 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #pie.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ih8sn0w For This Useful Post:

lolento (2009-09-01), surfingboy111793 (2009-09-01)

Quote Originally Posted by ih8sn0w View Post
    Well, posixninja, even told me, it would be extremely hard to port all the thumb2 to thumb. If it was done, which is extremely improbable, It would be so laggy and most of the time, it may not recognize your voice. Also, you have to look at the processor's bus speed. The 3G[S] has a faster bus speed. and Geomazo is obviously Bull-Sh*ting. I just wanted him to prove me wrong :

-iH8sn0w

The 3G[S] opens the App when you hold down the Home. Yes, it is indeed a .app file. So I attempted to port that file along with all the private frameworks, however, When I tried launching it. It would just crash.

If you were to make a clone App, you would have to write it all in thumb.
    makes sense.

geomazo, come on and show us proof man! ih8snow is making more sense then you do at the moment (sry pal).

And where is virtuedesign? come out come out wherever you are

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excellence For This Useful Post:

lolento (2009-09-01), surfingboy111793 (2009-09-01)

Finally, somebody is putting some sense on this thread...

Someone has to put a cork on the posers so people with no knowledge of hardware capabilities don't just get hyped-up and start re-posting stories all over the web.
    Last edited by lolento; 2009-09-01 at 09:13 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I myself still think that porting it is possible. i mean i can run ported x-box games on my wii, and, of course, hakintosh. they say my computer doesnt have the capabilities to install and run hackintosh flawlessly(and they said it wouldnt even boot). well, its not completley flawless, but it pretty much is damn close. and hackintosh is, as u probably all know, a port of mac to other machines.

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast