Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

as someone who's been watching this project but can't contribute anything... thank you so much guys! the work you're doing is amazing and i know you'll get everything you need! take your time, have some fun.. and know you've got lots of support!

thanks!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone VirtueDesign's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultradan View Post
    as someone who's been watching this project but can't contribute anything... thank you so much guys! the work you're doing is amazing and i know you'll get everything you need! take your time, have some fun.. and know you've got lots of support!

thanks!!!
    Woaaaa! I think I've got it!!!! everything is in place, testing now. Please boot up all sweet!!!!!

*EDIT*

Holy Crap, it booted up fairly quick. Black Screen now. No Apple Logo. Its about to Spring up.
    Holy ****, No 'Sad iPhone', Wohoooo!!!!! Something was done right and I don't know what!!! Lol!!!!

*EDIT FURTHER*

Ok, its booted up fine, when it gets to the 'slide to unlock' screen, it freezes up, gonna delete the 'VoiceServices.framework' folder and take another look at it. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 07:54 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lookin forward to your results virtuedesign

good luck mate = )
    i just restored my iphone so i need to replace all the files again ;(

@virtuedesign..
    Can you upload all the files you got so far (relating to Jibbler)
    Last edited by Coentje44; 2009-08-11 at 07:57 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

any results??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coentje44 View Post
    good luck mate = )
    i just restored my iphone so i need to replace all the files again ;(
    Yeah it's definitely something in 'VoiceServices.framework'. I need others to join to focus on this one Folder and its contents.

Once we fix up 'VoiceServices.framework', Voice Control is guaranteed to work! You have my word.

Everything else is in place.

This is the Directory layout:

Everything copied across is set to 777 Permissions.

LIBRARY

'System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/' <- In place working.

'System/Library/VoiceServices/' <- In place working.

CORE SERVICES

'System/Library/CoreServices/VoiceOverTouch.app' <- In place working.

'System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/' (Jibbler.strings files within each of the language folders) <- In place working.

LAUNCH DAEMONS

'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.voiced.plist' <- In place working.

'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.VoiceOverTouch.plist' <- In place working.

'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.Accessibility.plist' <- In place working.

'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessibility.plist' <- In place working (just in case it's case sensitive).

'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.enabled.voiced.plist' <- In place working.

'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.voiceover.enabled.plist' <- In place working.

'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd' <- In place working.

PREFERENCE BUNDLES

'System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AccessibilitySettings.bundle' <- In place working.

PRIVATE FRAMEWORKS

'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AXRuntime.framework' <- In place working.

'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ScreenReaderCore.framework' <- In place working.

'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/UIAccessibility.framework' <- In place working.

'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/VoiceServices.framework' <- Not loaded in, causes Freezing and constant respringing, NEEDS FIXING.

'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/VoiceServices.framework' <- Not loaded in, causes Freezing and constant respringing, NEEDS FIXING.

SPRINGBOARD PLUGINS

'System/Library/SpringBoardPlugins/ZoomTouch.bundle' <- In place working.

'System/Library/SpringBoardPlugins/ZoomTouch.bundle' <- In place working.

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION

'System/Library/SystemConfiguration/AppleHDQGasGauge.bundle' <- In place working.

PRIVATE/VAR

'private/var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.voiceover.enabled' (folder, within is a copied 'overrides.plist' file from, com.apple.launchd) <- In place working

'private/var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd' (file itself, empty, just named) <- In place working

'private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/' (com.apple.accessibility.plist (completed file, just renamed), com.apple.Accessibility.plist (completed file, just renamed), com.apple.enabled.voiced.plist (completed file, just renamed), com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd (blank, I think), com.apple.voiceover.enabled.plist (completed file), <- All in place working

'private/var/root/Library/Preferences/' (com.apple.accessibility.plist (completed file, just renamed), com.apple.Accessibility.plist (completed file, just renamed), com.apple.enabled.voiced.plist (completed file, just renamed), com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd (blank, I think), com.apple.voiceover.enabled.plist (completed file), <- All in place working

USR/LIB

'usr/lib/libAccessibility.dylib' <- In place working with no issues.

As for the Springboard app.

I have copied across M68AP.plist and the n88 and N86 etc..

If your on the 3.1 Firmware just read them and copy whats not in your existing files, do not want to screw it up now do we. (My next post will contain the .plist files for the Springboard.app).

-----------------------------------------

I am just trying everything, something will work and the only reason Voice Control is still not working is because of 'VoiceServices.framework' not existing, but it needs to be fixed up before we place it back in the Filesystem.

Anyone up to the challenge of trying to figure out why 'VoiceServices.framework' is causing Freezing and Respringing???

Damn, this is hard work, but in the end it will be all worth it, We are sooo close now.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

Here you go.

The plists currently loaded into my Springboard.app with suitable changes done to them.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Once we have Voice Control up and running, I will package it all up including Instructions, cannot forget that now can we, lol.

So help me out guys, I can taste success here, just need to look into 'VoiceServices.framework', I do not think there is anything else anywhere else that Voice Control needs, hmmmm.

Cheers,
    Chris

Can you upload : com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd
    thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coentje44 View Post
    Can you upload : com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd
    thanks
    Here you go. The whole Sha'bang, Thanks please.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VirtueDesign For This Useful Post:

cf125 (2009-08-11)

Thanks

What if its a memory issue, cause when 'VoiceServices.framework' is in the Filesystem and I reboot, it may be that it works and it just needs a little more memory, that's why it freezes, just like a Computer. Maybe if we can free up a little space by uninstalling things that are not actually needed, it might work.

And its not coming up with any actual errors either.
    Now if you do place 'VoiceServices.framework' on your iPhone 3G, it will constantly respring, but if you keep your SFTP connection open prior to rebooting, you will still have SSH Access, which means you can delete the 'VoiceServices.framework' folder and reboot without any trouble and without having to Restore.

I have gotten so far, that I do not need to do a Restore and I still have everything on the iPhone except 'VoiceServices.framework', once that is on, I can simply just delete through SHH and it will work again without a Restore needed, Cool!

What do you think about that theory?

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 08:51 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

need someone with a freshly restored iphone to test

Quote Originally Posted by VirtueDesign View Post
    What if its a memory issue, cause when 'VoiceServices.framework' is in the Filesystem and I reboot, it may be that it works and it just needs a little more memory, that's why it freezes, just like a Computer. Maybe if we can free up a little space by uninstalling things that are not actually needed, it might work.

What do you think about that theory?

Cheers,
    Chris
    If you want to free more memory,just delete the daemons you don't use! I've done this on my phone and now i get 62-65 MB unused.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhivkom View Post
    If you want to free more memory,just delete the daemons you don't use! I've done this on my phone and now i get 62-65 MB unused.
    and what deamons have you deleted and do you have a list about each deamon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cf125 View Post
    need someone with a freshly restored iphone to test
    Mine is a Freshly Restored iPhone, just has 'OpenSSH, Cydelete, Respring and Cycorder' installed through Cydia. I have all those files except for 'VoiceServices.framework' loaded onto my iPhone 3G and its reading them, just not initializing because of the 'VoiceServices' not being present, iPhone is running very fast with no trouble what so ever.

Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cf125 View Post
    and what deamons have you deleted and do you have a list about each deamon
    Yeah, which Daemons did you delete, I need to know as I do not want to screw up my progress so far (by deleting the wrong ones) and have to start from scratch.

With an extra 60+MB free, that should be way sufficient to run Voice Control, let me know what to do exactly to free up Memory and I will load back in the 'VoiceServices.framework' and see if it works. If it does I will package it all up and upload for all of you to use, might consider a Cydia release later on, but then it will get fairly complicated and I think doing it manually is far better, because you have more control.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've deleted those,but when i used the tutorial and the springboard is still respringing unless i make voice-over string to "/false". Here is a pic of my free memory in the first post-- http://iphone-bulgaria.com/forum/vie...p?f=17&t=12486

com.apple.Dump* - 2 deamons to disable purpose is to dump the crash for apple evaluation.
    - com.apple.Report* - 5 deamons to make reports about what caused the crash/what were runnin etc..
    - com.apple.aslmanager - manages system logs
    - com.apple.syslogd - System Event Logger
    - com.apple.powerlog - Power Events Logger for incompatability errors with various charging devices/shutdowns etc.
    - com.apple.stackshot.server
    - com.apple.tcpdump.server

- com.apple.apsd - This is the new apple push feature for apps if not in use then remove.
    - com.apple.dataaccess.dataaccessd - Delete this if u dont use exchange, google sync, etc for syncing contacts.
    - com.apple.datamigrator - To transfer contacts sim to phone, Delete it duh!
    - com.apple.racoon - Virtual Private Network feature deamon remove if u dont use it which 90% of us dont.
    - com.apple.MobileInternetSharing - Apple's Internet Tethering feature.

- com.apple.AOSNotification
    - com.apple.aggregated
    - com.apple.iqagent
    - com.apple.mobile.profile_janitor

EDIT:
    Sorry i forgot this one:

I made com.apple.itunesstored - to automatically close when not used.
    Last edited by zhivkom; 2009-08-11 at 09:19 PM.

im confused so is this complete yet or still in development ?

its still in development but almost complete.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nick_1010 View Post
    im confused so is this complete yet or still in development ?
    Sorry Man, Still in Development. But almost ready to go. I am currently finalizing the changes and running through Testing.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtueDesign View Post
    Sorry Man, Still in Development. But almost ready to go. I am currently finalizing the changes and running through Testing.
    sweet man good luck thanks for the effort im really looking forward to this actually !

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast