Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone VirtueDesign's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aznbllr08 View Post
    okay so my phone boots up to lock screen and restarts, i was thinking i could fix this easy by ssh'ing into the phone and delete the files that are causeing this ( voice control related) but i turned off wi-fi befor the phone rebooted is there any way to get any program to reconize it or to turn on wi-fi with out going into settings.? iphone browser doesnt seem to be working and i thought that was my only option.

EDIT: on the 3gs there is a file called "com.apple.Accessibility" it is in the same place as the "voice over enabled touch" file and has so intresting strings in it, maybe that could be a file we need too
    I am loooking for it now. You said "on the 3gs there is a file called "com.apple.Accessibility" it is in the same place as the "voice over enabled touch" file and has so intresting strings in it" where did you find it?

it might only be present in the 3GS i have the file but not sure how to upload it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    yeah what does it mean
    It means that once we have the com.apple.Accessibility file we may be able to get this working fully again, that's probably why I cannot get it working again, I had the file and lost it when I had to restore.

Once we have that file, it may fix the respringing that libAccessibility.dylib is causing, or maybe not. We gotta try it first, I say place it in the following directories:

'private/var/root/Library/Preferences/'
    'private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/'
    'System/Library/LaunchDaemons/'

We just need to add the .plist extension to it, right?

Cheers,
    Chris

ill send it later virtue, when i get home..

ohh and any ideas on my phone.?
    but if i do have to restore ultra sn0w works on 3.0.1 right.?

EDIT: you guys had it fully working.?
    and it still caused the constant respringing to my phone
    Last edited by aznbllr08; 2009-08-11 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VirtueDesign View Post
    It means that once we have the com.apple.Accessibility file we may be able to get this working fully again, that's probably why I cannot get it working again, I had the file and lost it when I had to restore.

Once we have that file, it may fix the respringing that libAccessibility.dylib is causing, or maybe not. We gotta try it first, I say place it in the following directories:

We just need to add the .plist extension to it, right?

Cheers,
    Chris
    That 'com.apple.voiceover.enabled.plist' is actually 'com.apple.Accessibility.plist' right?

That is why I cannot find 'com.apple.Accessibility' anywhere in the 3GS or 3G or event iPod Touch 2G Filesystems.

Try it, I think I have solved it yet again.

Cheers,
    Chris

*EDIT*

Load this attachment into the following directories:

Notice how the 'com.apple.voiceover.enabled.plist' had the same string 'AccessibilityEnabled = true' as the 'com.apple.Accessibility' that cdrone mentioned before, interesting...

Also, I would mirror the 'Frameworks' folder across to the 3G Handset, there is stuff in the 3GS that's not on the 3G, so that could be affecting it too, which also probably means we need to go in and change the CPU Check on those apps too right? or not with the Frameworks since they are default to everything, just loaded on depending on what is actually needed.

Then copy across the 'libAccessibility.dylib' and 'VoiceServices.framework', remember to clear out any linkage to the Compass with Accessibility otherwise it most likely will return errors, right, since the Compass hardware is not actually there.

What is your word on this anyone?

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 04:54 AM.

this is just quick, my sbsettings are crshing so can someone upload their sbsettings.app please and thanks

One thing though, just getting rid of the CPU check isn't enough. I managed to do that but you still cannot launch the files, they need to be compiled for the right ARM architecture.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simplyskate View Post
    One thing though, just getting rid of the CPU check isn't enough. I managed to do that but you still cannot launch the files, they need to be compiled for the right ARM architecture.
    Ok, can you do that then?

Ok, heres where I am up to.

I added the 'armv6' to the com.apple.voiceover.enabled.plist' files etc. and added the 'libAccessibility.dylib' and 'VoiceServices.framework'. It takes ages to boot up first time, it came up saying 'Sad iPhone', then when you slide the slider it resprings and exits Safe Mode. So far so good, no real errors come up yet. Just really damn slow.

There must be a way to fix that up.

Where you up to guys?

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S: I may choose to restore and try again.

*EDIT*

Cool, I still got SSH Support, even when its running super slow. Managed to get libAccessibility.dylib etc on.
    No constant respringing so far. I am running iPhone OS 3.0.1 for iPhone 3G.

*EDIT FURTHER*

Holy ****, what just happened. The whole screen suddenly flashed random bars of different colors and then did an auto reboot. Interesting, never seen that before.

*EDIT EVEN FURTHER*

Still rebooting. Screen just went black. Springboard starting up. might delete libAccessibility.dylib and see what happens.

Ok, the issue with Voice Control not working on 3.0.1 is 'libAccessibility.dylib' and 'VoiceServices.framework', if someone can try and look into this for me, that would be good.

Did anyone copy the Frameworks folder across to the 3G Filesystem from the 3GS Filesystem? That could be the cause of Voice Control not working, it may need something out of it.

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S: Gonna try the Frameworks folder now.
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any progress so far?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coentje44 View Post
    Any progress so far?
    Sorry Man, I am still in the middle of a Restore from Backup.

Gonna try again after I hear back from anyone else on this.

If it ends up having more chance of success on the 3.1 Firmware, I might just upgrade to that.

Cheers,
    Chris

I heared something tht if you triple click the home button in firmware 3.1
    An option that allows you to enable VoiceOverTouch pop-up orso can any1 confirm this??
    Last edited by Coentje44; 2009-08-11 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks

If anyone here has an iPhone 3GS and it is on the 3.1 Firmware, can you please upload the filesystem, I have an idea that I believe will work, just need the filesystem first.

Cheers,
    Chris

No1 can give you the 3GS 3.1 firmware cuz the 3GS users can't jailbreak their iphones.
    the jailbreak we using is just for the 3G users.

Thanks

No1 can give you the 3GS 3.1 firmware cuz the 3GS users can't jailbreak their iphones.
    the jailbreak we using is just for the 3G users.
    If you can get a hold of the 3GS 3.1 Firmware '.ipsw' and Decrypt it, that's all I need and that would really help a lot. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Chris

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

It's not decrypted, but I hope you can do it.

Keep working mate!

I searched what file is causing the Springboard crashing at the slide to unlock screen.
    the file is : VoiceService.framework (PrivateFrameworks)

Cheers..

EDIT:Found a new Jibbler file.
    Its located in all the language folders in the SpringBoard.app (ex. English.lproj, Dutch.lproj etc.)

EDIT: Can someone with a 3GS upload their whole Private folder (located in root) there are alot files there we need to have to make voice-control to work.
    Last edited by Coentje44; 2009-08-11 at 01:07 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Replacing folder simply won't do it-unless u like restoring

Thanks

Can someone check the CPU in the Springboard app. I got a feeling because Jibbler it built into the Springboard (right?) it will be coded into there, so we need to take a closer look.

Cheers,
    Chris

I searched what file is causing the Springboard crashing at the slide to unlock screen.
    the file is : VoiceService.framework (PrivateFrameworks)

Cheers..

EDIT:Found a new Jibbler file.
    Its located in all the language folders in the SpringBoard.app (ex. English.lproj, Dutch.lproj etc.)

EDIT: Can someone with a 3GS upload their whole Private folder (located in root) there are alot files there we need to have to make voice-control to work.
    Ok, everything is now on the iPhone 3G, including 'libAccessibility.dylib', the only thing I have not carried across is 'VoiceServices.framework' as you said it was causing the crashing at the slide to unlock, try again but have the new Jibller files in place, maybe that's why? since Springboard kept crashing maybe that's cause it could not find its files????

We are soo damn close now, I can just feel it. Lets get this VoiceServices.framework all fixed up and we are all on a roll.

So far, GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS DEVELOPMENT, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Chris

*EDIT*

Don't forget to copy the'UIAccessibility.framework' to the 'PrivateFrameworks' folder when your doing this stuff, that is needed too.

*EDIT FURTHER*

I do not think I will benefit from having the 3GS Firmware '.ipsw' with me as I do not have the Decryption Keys, I will however hold onto it just in case I manage to crack it some time. At the moment we are focusing on 3.0 Firmware, those of you can work on 3.1 which means we have a fix ready if we all end up moving to that firmware, but for the time being, 3.0 Firmware is the Main Priority, agreed (since most people are already on that, right?).

*EDIT EVEN FURTHER*

Yeah, its something in 'VoiceServices.framework'. Also, in 'private/var/db/launchd.db/', I think we need to place the VoiceOver Enabled files in there too, and create a Directory called 'com.apple.voiceover.enabled' then mimick the 'overrides.plist' file from the 'com.apple.launchd', I dunno, just a test to see if that affects it in any way???
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following User Says Thank You to VirtueDesign For This Useful Post:

ultradan (2009-08-11)

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast