Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

lol you dont even need LibUSB (i either dont have it and i can run the program fine)just open ih8snow and it should work

iPhone? More like MyPhone VirtueDesign's Avatar
    Thanks

I followed the ih8sn0w instructions. Screen went White. Opened iTunes, and did the Shift Click on Restore, selected custom ipsw, it came up saying the firmware file is not compatible with it.

Can someone help me out?

You may've downloaded the wrong firmware. or try re-downloading it again,or maybe try with QuickPWN instead of h8snow...

im gonna try the ttorial again, any advice or things i should chage

ok so i did everything and now it stays at the lcokscreen and it has a loading wheel, then it goes balck, then the wheel, so its stuck at lock screen,w aht should i do
    i put in the libaccessbitly.dylib

EDIT:
    we have a big problem, since some of the files where taken out of the ipod2g, when i did the isnturction and i rebooted, the phone got stck at lockscreen, so i deleted the voice-control off the m68ap,plist file and then it worked but since its an ipod files my phone app and tex app is gone and my music app is split into videa and music just like the ipod, ??? what now

EDIT:
    and there is no sign of voce control or acceabilty options
    Last edited by surfingboy111793; 2009-08-10 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

We now need to work on getting passed the lock sreen with voice-control enabled in the .plist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post

ok so i did everything and now it stays at the lcokscreen and it has a loading wheel, then it goes balck, then the wheel, so its stuck at lock screen,w aht should i do

we have a big problem, since some of the files where taken out of the ipod2g, when i did the isnturction and i rebooted, the phone got stck at lockscreen, so i deleted the voice-control off the m68ap,plist file and then it worked but since its an ipod files my phone app and tex app is gone and my music app is split into videa and music just like the ipod, ??? what now
    Sorry Man, Cannot help you until I fix my own issue. I am trying to get back to 3.0.1 after using ih8sn0w.

Can you please help! I need my iPhone as its my primary phone.
    It wont do a Restore back to original 3.0 as it comes up Unknown Error.

Cheers,
    Chris

go in dfu and restore..
    cya for now..

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post

EDIT:

EDIT:
    and there is no sign of voce control or acceabilty options
    yeah the plist wasnt's transferred correctly. happent to me too. replace the m68 again and u ll get iphone. but it will be unusably slow. or that's what i got.

no, the libAccessibility.dylib in usr/lib is what makes it tunr into an ipod , i think

i have the accessbality ptions in genearl, but its clear
    Last edited by surfingboy111793; 2009-08-10 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coentje44 View Post
    go in dfu and restore..
    cya for now..
    I did that. Trying something else. Gonna use a Windows Computer, That might help. Since I have already tried on my Mac.

Once I have my iPhone Restored, I will go through and get Voice Control to work, there is something you need to do to get it working, I need to get back into the filesystem to jog my memory.

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S: *I Got a lot on my mind right now man, gimme a bit of time to get this working.

*EDIT*

Wohoo! Fixed, Everything is back up and running now, Had to do a Reset through QuickPwn on Windows.
    Voice Control up next.
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-10 at 10:15 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VirtueDesign For This Useful Post:

nikeneeder (2009-08-11)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Chris, yea I would say try the DFU mode on a windows pc...always wrks 4 me..and just so iTunes woudnlt load up first when the phone is connected, i found the iTunesHelper process in task manager and clicked "end process tree" just so iTunes wouldnt load up when doing jailbroken stuff...but u should first get ur phone to atleast show the iTunes icon+usb cable screen then u kno u should be able to restore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    Chris, yea I would say try the DFU mode on a windows pc...always wrks 4 me..and just so iTunes woudnlt load up first when the phone is connected, i found the iTunesHelper process in task manager and clicked "end process tree" just so iTunes wouldnt load up when doing jailbroken stuff...but u should first get ur phone to atleast show the iTunes icon+usb cable screen then u kno u should be able to restore
    Hi Guys,

I recommend we do a comparison between my instructions and cdrone's info. What do you think? We may have missed something.

Cheer,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    Hi Guys,

I recommend we do a comparison between my instructions and cdrone's info. What do you think? We may have missed something.

I also think someone should try and attempt to decrypt the iPhone 3G 3.1 Filesystem and post it.

Cheer,
    Chris

*EDIT*

I also think International.plist may be affecting the Rospringing? any ideas?

*EDIT FURTHER*

OK! I got it, its the Accessibility thats causing the Re-springing. Accessibility is trying to load in the Compass etc, and because it is not there. it Crashes and causes a Respring. Someone go in there and try to fix that up, bit complex for me, even though I understand what is wrong. Good Luck! If you remove any relevance to the Compass etc, we may have this all fixed up and running 100%.

*EDIT EVEN FURTHER*

Without adding anything, I found the Jibbler sound effects in the UISounds folder, so it does support Voice Control, just gotta activate it, hmmmmmm.

*RESOLUTION*

What we need to do is go into the Accessibility files, Modify them so they exclude the Compass, as the Accessibility looks for that on boot and if its not present causes a Respring. So if we can isolate that, we should have Voice Control working with no trouble at all. Now, the iPod Touch 2G Filesystem appears useless to me, there is nothing there for Accessibility, correct?
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 2009-08-11 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ive checked the international.plist and compared it with the 3GS..no change, both are the same

H/E, I remember cdrone saying he change the NxxAP files around to allow for the N88 functionalities as well...and it seems he got some binaries from the Frameworks & PrivateFrameworks as well (thats what it sounds like)

Instead of causing oteisduu

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by setkeh View Post
    Instead of causing oteisduu
    What????? 'oteisduu' <--- does that mean?

progress in human lagnuage

Thanks

I have noticed there are Jibbler resources within the Springboard app, The case may be that we need to copy across the Springboard App and change its CPU Check to the 3G's CPU, this should fix the problem?

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S: Isn't Jibbler built into the Springboard? so this could be the fix.

Thanks

Could you list which accessibility files u refering to...any particular ones or all the ones related to accessibility?

^Those Jibbler resources are there from 3.0..our phones already have the required UIimage and sounds needed...just not the files...their is nothing new and different in the SpringBoard.app

okay so my phone boots up to lock screen and restarts, i was thinking i could fix this easy by ssh'ing into the phone and delete the files that are causeing this ( voice control related) but i turned off wi-fi befor the phone rebooted is there any way to get any program to reconize it or to turn on wi-fi with out going into settings.? iphone browser doesnt seem to be working and i thought that was my only option.

EDIT: on the 3gs there is a file called "com.apple.Accessibility" it is in the same place as the "voice over enabled touch" file and has so intresting strings in it, maybe that could be a file we need too
    Last edited by aznbllr08; 2009-08-11 at 03:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aznbllr08 View Post
    EDIT: on the 3gs there is a file called "com.apple.Accessibility" it is in the same place as the "voice over enabled touch" file and has so intresting strings in it, maybe that could be a file we need too
    so how do we get that file then...i havent seen anything like that..

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast