Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modifying DNS settings on 3.0?

Question Modifying DNS settings on 3.0?
    Greetings all,
    I'm an avid OpenDNS user, and use it for my home network. My iPhone uses it when on the wireless no problem (since it's a router settings) but I cannot seem to make it work when using the cellular data network, 3g or EDGE. My iPhone is Jailbroken, and I have tried to use Javacom's "DNSfix" but I am either doing something wrong (all I did was install it through cydia) or it has become obsolete with the 3.0 firmware. I have tried to find the equivalent of the /etc/resolv.conf that used to be used to resolve domains on the cellular network, but have failed.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I would really like having OpenDNS work on my iPhone's cellular data connection
    Thanks in advance.

Anybody have any ideas or is this a lost cause?

same problem here..

used NETINFO to change DNS settings until i switched to 3.0 without knowing that NETINFO (apple removed the app from the store) doenst work with the latest firmware

so i downgraded to 2.2.1, jailbroke and installed NETFIX but had no success..

i guess the application only works with 2.0 (as i recall, it was created to fit iphone 2g), so i downgraded to 2.0 but i cant seem to be able to jailbreak (moreover now iphone have some signal problems, i guess its because of the baseband)..