Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to enable emoji on iPhone 3G 3.0 With T-Mobile

Default How to enable emoji on iPhone 3G 3.0 With T-Mobile
    I have been searching the net on how to enable emoji with my 3.0 iphone. Can't seem to get it to work. Please kindly help me! Thanks

I have emoji enabled on my 3.0 but all I did was install it on my 2.X and it carried over with the upgrade. Try that.

Cydia->Emoji->Install
    then Settings->Keyboard->Japanese->Emoji on

iPhone? More like MyPhone alohawaii's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ydenyse View Post
    Cydia->Emoji->Install
    then Settings->Keyboard->Japanese->Emoji on
    Is says it's for 2.x OS.

It doesn't work sending Emojis AT&T iPhone users. Unless you're sending them through an email.

I installed it on 3.0 and I have T-Mobile. It works if I send SMS to other T-Mobile users. I have read that emojis do not work across carriers, but I have not tested myself.

have actually seen it go from AT&T (my phone) to t-mobile (my girl's) but not the other way around. thinking it would, I dloaded the t-carrier settings from cydia and now I can't send them or recieve them from her. cmon you gurus HELP!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Install SpellNumber from the App Store and there is an Easter Egg that will enable Emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by alohawaii View Post
    Is says it's for 2.x OS.

It doesn't work sending Emojis AT&T iPhone users. Unless you're sending them through an email.
    i've done it on my iPhone Classic on T-Mobile and on my iPhone 3GS on AT&T and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ydenyse View Post
    I installed it on 3.0 and I have T-Mobile. It works if I send SMS to other T-Mobile users. I have read that emojis do not work across carriers, but I have not tested myself.
    it works when i do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i had my 3G on T-Mobile before switching back to AT&T, i could send messages out to other iPhones, but unless they were on T-Mobile, the messages did not go though. AT&T users couldn't send them to me either, its like the message never existed.

I have iPhone 3g on 3.1.2 and could send them to my girl on 3.0 t-mobile but she could not send back. plz help! she's Asian and needs emoji!!! lol serious HELP!!!!

Thanks

search in the appstore for emoji. you'll find some apps that enable emoji and are free. you could use this one: 'Spell Number'. start it and enter this number: '91929394.59'. then go to Settings->Keyboard->Japanese and enable emoji. you can deinstall spell number, the emoji will not go away. remind that emoji only works on the iphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmnelson13 View Post
    I have iPhone 3g on 3.1.2 and could send them to my girl on 3.0 t-mobile but she could not send back. plz help! she's Asian and needs emoji!!! lol serious HELP!!!!

if you have t-mobile and she has t-mobile, you WILL be able to send each other emoji messages. go to cydia and search emoji. or you can use any of the many apps available on the AppStore. If you have AT&T and she has t-mobile, or vis versa, there is NO way to exchange emoji messages. AT&T and t-mobile both block messages containing enhanced characters coming in from other carriers.
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

I see what you are saying but I've literally seen emoji from my phone (AT&T) show up on my girls phone (t-mobile). thinking the the error was on my end, I downloaded t-mobile carrier package from cydia in hopes that I would then recieve her t-mobile emoji. I've not been able to send them to her since and deleted t-mobile carrier settings but still can't send them

I can send them, rather just not to t-mobile any more
    Last edited by jmnelson13; 2009-11-19 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

*shrugs* you shouldnt be able to do cross carrier emoji messages.
    I made it ra1n...again

grrrrrrrrrrrrr..... does anyone have emoji and able to send from t-moblie to at&t?????? i've seen it before but no idea how it happened. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Ive had both AT&T and T-Mobile on the iPhone. When I had T-Slowble, i could not send to AT&T customers (my guess is AT&T blocks EMS (both incoming and outgoing), Enhanced Messaging Service, from outside carriers much like Verizon does) When i was sent an emoji message from an AT&T customer, i never got the message, as if the message did not exist. Emailing emoji works just fine though. So either AT&T filtered it, or T-Slowble did. To conclude, it cant be done...sorry
    I made it ra1n...again

Well i have Tmobile..and i was able to send Emoji to other carriers for like 2 weeks, but then now i cant anymore...i can only send it to tmobile users....Is there anyway that i can send it to other carriers?