Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Overwrote stock Tock file

Thanks
    Default Overwrote stock Tock file
    iphone 2g with FW 3.0.

Can someone please post a stock TOCK.CAF file. I ssh'd a new one over it without backing it up. I didn't think I would need the backup. I overwrote it with a typewriter sound that I used for FW 2.0 and for some reason it's not taking. The sound isn't even a full second long, but it's definitely a little larger than the original file.

Can anyone recommend a fix perchance? If not, the original file would be helpful.

Much appreciated.

there is an iphone theme that has every file that can be replaced on an iphone (virtually)... if you download that you will have access to all of the stock files in case something should happen like this again.

this is why manual themes are discouraged.

iPhone Theme.zip

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

darius359 (2009-07-13)

Thanks
    Thanks for the files. Definitely a good idea to keep a hold of em.

Regardless, the file change didn't work...not sure why. And yes, it's enabled in the Settings.
    Last edited by darius359; 2009-07-13 at 07:08 AM.

i happened to stumble across this post, just got done doing the exact same thing you described on my 3gs and it works perfectly

first of all go to this website here to download a good typewriter sound:

freesound :: view sample :: typewriter.wav

download the file (you may have to register for an account to do so, don't worry they don't spam or anything)

convert it to caf using your favorite audio editor (if you can't convert it directly convert it to aif first and then rename it to caf)

ssh it into your iphone

it should work, it works for me

hope this helps

Thanks
    thanks for the new file. i'm at work now, so i really can't do anything about it. i just fear that the problem isn't with the file at all. i've never had any issues SSHing anything to the phone so i'm surprised that even the stock file wouldn't work when i replaced it. very odd. if this were a winterboard option, that would probably fix it. i hate the idea of thinking that i'm going to have to restore just to have one sound available.