Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nike+ on iPhone 2G/3G

Quote Originally Posted by steveMB View Post
    now i have a blank icon for the nike+ :S

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

place this in /Applications/Nike.app

respring

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nikeneeder For This Useful Post:

steveMB (2009-07-31)

now works (thanked ;-))

Updated to 3.0.1 and can't see the icon anymore. The settings menu is still there. Am I the only one having that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetsboyj View Post
    I got this on a 2G no external receiver. Does this mean it'll work. Oh, and by the way the app runs too. To many people forgetting 755 permissions. Anyway here:

Sorry I don't have a Nike kit.
    We all have it working to that point. Unfortunately, it doesn't find the sensor in the shoe because it doesn't have the radios to do so.

ok it works. apparently the applications shortcut has changed from applications.pwn to some other folder. u just have to move there nike.app folder there too

Ok, guys. I just had (what I hope is) a really good idea. It's not pretty or easy by any means, but more doable than editing the frameworks with no programming knowledge.

Basically, I remembered that a while back, people were talking about a dual boot solution, in the days of the 1.1.4 firmware. What if we dual boot 2.2.1 and 3.0(.1)? Then we could use 2.2.1 for Nike and 3.0 for everything else. Obviously not pretty (and a waste of 300MB), but better than 2 devices, no?

Does anyone know how we could attack something like this? Here's an OLD tutorial from the 1.1.4 days that details how to do this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-firmware.html

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - View Profile: consultadrone

I exchanged some pms with consultadrone^. Apparently he said in his iphone he's got nike+ working. this is what he told me:

Code:
    I had to turn off USB tethering for the external receiver to work. It seems that the NetworkServices package runs at a higher priority so when it can't find the internal receiver, tethering won't release the data stream sockets for the Nike +. Give this a try. I'm on a hybrid 3G/3Gs firmware so I might need to send some coding as well. If it doesn;t work, I'll upload the files.

***I can't attach files to a private message. I can email to you or post in the main forum. 28mb .zip file***

these are his files:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=31956&act=down

I posted the files. You should have the link now. tethering may not be activated, but it's enabled by default at the coreOS level. There's a .plist with network devices and services. Look for USBPTP. Or, just get the tethering preferences loaded with an updated .ipcc file and turn off USB tethering. (easier)
    that was 2 days ago. haven't tried anything with that and I hope he's fine with me posting this. anyway if someone tries anything and gets it going post update.

I don't have USB tethering working in the first place...

So, what you're saying, is that if I copy those files over it will work? I'll totally try that tonight, when I have some time.

I assume this "tethering may not be activated, but it's enabled by default at the coreOS level. There's a .plist with network devices and services. Look for USBPTP. Or, just get the tethering preferences loaded with an updated .ipcc file and turn off USB tethering. (easier)" is only to get tethering to work after these files are copied? Because I don't even pay for data, so this is pretty redundant for me...

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo81622 View Post
    I don't have USB tethering working in the first place...

So, what you're saying, is that if I copy those files over it will work? I'll totally try that tonight, when I have some time.

I assume this "tethering may not be activated, but it's enabled by default at the coreOS level. There's a .plist with network devices and services. Look for USBPTP. Or, just get the tethering preferences loaded with an updated .ipcc file and turn off USB tethering. (easier)" is only to get tethering to work after these files are copied? Because I don't even pay for data, so this is pretty redundant for me...
    when the iphone starts it loads some services. that's why it takes so long to boot. tethering is one of them. that makes sense. i don't see how it is related to nike+ but if disabling usb tethering is the way to go i don't care cause i don't tether.

please someone check if it works and let me know

Default Not Working
    I have also the new 3.0.1 Firmware on my 3G ... And it is no Nike+ icon on the Sprinboard

Can Someone Help me ???

yes as i said before go to winscp applications shortcut then go one back and u ll see 2 applications folders. put the nike app in both of them

Default No Sorry
    Ok, have it found! and Worked ... BIG THX :-)
    Last edited by karesake; 2009-08-01 at 03:00 PM.

This is my first post.
    so hi...
    I've been watching this forum for a while, wating for a point where i could understand enough to get it working and try it out.

Wanted to say a huge thanks and all that to you guys, I've been watching it all unfold with increasing impressedness!

I've now managed to get the app running. I simply can't connect the external sensor (I know that's kind of the issue, but I was using the files from consultadrone above) i've followed the instructions in the rtf - thanks for that by the way; i've learnt alot in the last two hours!
    I do have internet tethering turned off - although this is only through the settings/general/network/internet tethering - I'm not sure how to disable it any deeper. can anyone give me some pointers on this?
    It really seems like it should work, and it's going to be sweet when it does!
    But for now, it's officially too late I'm getting nowhere fast and my wife'll kill me if she catches me "playing" with my iphone "AGAIN"

cheers for any help you can send my way.

Default Whoah whoah whoah
    OK, everybody stop for a second? I thought we had this pretty much or all figured out. I have an iPhone 2G Running 3.0 and the app runs and WITHOUT an external receiver attached it seems to look for the shoes but I don't have a kit so...

At this point, I'm explaining this for the 3rd time in this thread.

YES, THE APP WORKS. What you people without an actual kit DON'T UNDERSTAND is that without the reciever plugged in, yes it does look for a sensor, BUT IT DOESN'T FIND ONE. WHY? IT DOESN'T have the RADIOS TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE SENSOR. The reciever contains those radios, but the app rejects the reciever. So, the app is useless except as a pretty springboard icon. IT DOESN'T FIND THE SENSOR.

Now, to some real news. Apparently, the person who talked to nikeneeder also didn't have a kit to test with, because, as before, the app works, but it still rejects the reciever and doesn't find the sensor without it.

Exactly what I'm finding... It is looking for a dongle (in the shoe) but not finding. It's then not connecting to the external receiver (what I described as the external sensor - I wasn't very clear on that, sorry!)
    It IS rejecting the receiver ("External receiver not necessary") - but i was under the impression that this is due to the internet tethering service being loaded up at an OS level and basically hogging the usb. If it's possible to deactivate the tethering at this level then it should be do-able right? I'm guessing that this is where the ".plist with network devices and services. Look for USBPTP." comes in but I can't find it - and I don't really know what i'm looking for!

I know nothing about programming - but I'm happy to test different versions and feedback what's happening if that will help. - or if anyone can help me out with the usb tethering thing (at core os level) that would be cool... I'll need directions though so I don't ibrick it!
    Last edited by Spymanic; 2009-08-02 at 06:39 PM.

Wow. I'm stupid. I completely forgot to do the tethering thing.

So, I looked around in the Core OS, and there's nothing I found named NetworkServices. Could you ask for more details? I don't really want to comb through the 16k files that make up an iPhone OS.

I've tried contacting consultadrone, but had no responce as of yet. As soon as I do I'll post an update. In the meantime, Nikeneeder, did you get any other information on it?
    It'd be really good to have this up and running soon. I'm off on holiday soon and was hoping for some beachside runs and only needing my iPhone.
    Any good gps tracking apps out there to run in the background at the same time? want to be able to track my runs that way too.

@weirdo81622:
    the usbptp is under

\System\Library\LaunchDaemons

I haven't talked to cdrone either. he said if he has something he'll let me know so yeah i don't wanna push him

to look for files easy just download the 3G S iso that has been posted few times on this forum and use search from windows)))

@spymanic:

TUAW Faceoff: Nike + iPod versus iPhone 3G Challengers

have a look there. I've heard runkeeper is better than nike+ipod

Thanks, nikeneeder. I found the com.apple.usbptpd or something like that file in there. I assume that the relevant checkbox was the "run at load" one. I unchecked that, and lo and behold, the reciever unnecessary message goes away.

With a caveat: after it is unplugged again, the phone requires a restart for it to work again, otherwise it throws up the message.

Now, for another problem. While it searches for the sensor, it never finds anything, even with the reciever in. My iPod nano finds it just fine. So, it seems like it's not communicating with the hardware in the reciever. I did toy around with stuff like AccessorySupport before, so that might the problem. COuld you please try this and see if it finds the sensor for you? In that case, I'd just have to do a restore... - but I don't want to do that without confirmation.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast