Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nike+ on iPhone 2G/3G

I'll do a definitive guide if we can get it working in the first place. Right now, all we have is a really pretty icon on the home screen and some cool menus that don't really do anything. Without accepting the reciever, this application is useless.

I'll post the 2.2.1 files in a sec. I have them on my other O/S, so in a little while...

You can disassemble the IPSW by turning it into a ZIP and extracting it, and then you have to decrypt the DMG with vfdecrypt.

thanks weirdo81622

i can get them out of the ipsw but then how do i extract them with vfdecrypt. it always gives an error.

Ok. I've uploaded the files for the iPod Touch 2G v.2.2.1 SportsTrainer framework. Since the directory is laid out differently, someone should try replacing the entire folder (3.0 version) with this one. If it doesn't work, we can try to restructure the directory so the 2.2.1 core file accepts the 3.0 files.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4GRVN3IQ

Regarding VFDecrypt, try this page: http://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/in...VFDecrypt_Keys.
    Obviously, you need to specify the directories in which it is in, so on OSX, if you had the DMG on the desktop, the <dmg> part of the linked command would be /Users/{username}/Desktop/{filename}.dmg
    Last edited by weirdo81622; 2009-07-19 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo81622 View Post
    mmm...that's interesting. Perhaps we are. But that could be just because it doesn't recognize any chip that is able to communicate with the sensor.

And even if we were missing something, why would that have any effect on the "receiver unnecessary" message? That certainly is a new part of the application/framework, probably something that Apple wrote in to prevent this.

Does anyone know if we can substitute the 2.2.1 framework for the 3.0 framework successfully?
    tried the sportsframework. the nike+ipod settings show a blank page now. i tried respringing and changing the nike-ipod to victoria but no change. there's a list here of the files needed and where they are to be found:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...reenshots.html

I know about that first tutorial. I have all of those files, but I still don't get the audio nickfranco mentioned. Maybe that's a new feature and they put those somewhere else. That isn't really important for me.

Could you also try this? - oh, and make sure you set the framework permissions to 777 when you're done. This is pretty important - if you didn't do it with the last try, go change the permissions recursively to 777 and see if it works then.

1) Copy over 3.0 framework
    2) Delete the "SportsTrainer" file.
    3) Create a folder called Resources, and COPY every file EXCEPT Info.plist into it.
    4) Copy the CodeResources file and _CodeSignature folder from the 2.2.1 framework into the 3.0 framework folder.
    5) Copy over the SportsTrainer file from 2.2.1 into the 3.0 framework folder.
    6) Recursively change permissions on the SportsTrainer.framework folder to 777
    7) Restart.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo81622 For This Useful Post:

SonnyDickson (2009-07-19)

empty settings page again.

do you have the nike.app folder? I want to try it with the 3.0 settings because I think the code that blocks the receiver is in the app.

EDIT:
    Also hexing the app I noticed that it calls several times for this:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AccessorySupport.framework/AccessorySupport

I tried replacing the 3G file with the 3G S file but that only made the app die. Can you please give me that itouch file too?
    Last edited by nikeneeder; 2009-07-19 at 12:18 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nikeneeder For This Useful Post:

SonnyDickson (2009-07-20)

Can Some One Help Me Plz I Got empty settings Page How Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny788 View Post
    Can Some One Help Me Plz I Got empty settings Page How Fix It

did you set the permissions right? make sure you've set everything to 7777

which files did you use?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nikeneeder For This Useful Post:

Yes I Use itouch Files Like This

3) Create a folder called Resources, and COPY every file EXCEPT Info.plist into it.
    4) Copy the CodeResources file and _CodeSignature folder from the 2.2.1 framework into the 3.0 framework folder.
    7) Restart.

yeah the app won't work. use these files:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

follow the instructions here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...reenshots.html

instead of victoria use nike-ipod in the plist

the app will work but it won't find the sensor

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nikeneeder For This Useful Post:

Ok Ill post a vid on youtube of how nike ipod looks on 3gs so u guys can see wat we are missing

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ulP2OgdBY[/ame]
    Last edited by Nickfranco5; 2009-07-19 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added a link

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickfranco5 For This Useful Post:

SonnyDickson (2009-07-20), steveMB (2009-07-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny788 View Post
    Yes I Use itouch Files Like This

7) Restart.
    You shouldn't use this - this is just some experimental thinking by me to try to get the app to not say that the receiver is unnecessary.

If you want to get the app (partially) working, you need to use the files from the iPod touch 2G 3.0 software. -for now. it's not 100% yet, so we'll see where this goes.

nikeneeder,
    I don't have the 3.0 iTouch files. I have the 2.2.1 2G files and the 3.0 3GS files. Perhaps nickfranco can give it to you?
    Although I disagree with your hypothesis because the same error message appears in settings, I'm not going to stop you: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    I'm not sure why it says that the file size is 28MB, because it's only 280KB.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo81622 For This Useful Post:

I wish I knew how to decrypt fw files so we could get any files we need. Then this would go so much faster. but their are files that the phone itself generates in the var/ mobile directory that are needed but not available in a decrypted fw

Try to use the link I posted earlier. That works for mac, which you have. Just download vfdecrypt, and if you have basic knowledge about how to use terminal, you should be able to use the command (in the link).

Perhaps another way we could look at this is with the AccessorySupport framework. Could you post a 3.0 iTouch 2G version of it? I'll try substituting that version, as well as a 2.2.1 iTouch 2G and 3.0 3GS version for the one on my iphone and see what happens.

Summary of problem:

iPhone 2G/3G doesn't have the nike+ chip, so it needs a receiver to work. The new SportsTrainer framework is programmed to reject the sensor - to not use it and to give an error message - to prevent exactly what we're doing.
    Possible work-arounds:
    -Fix the SportsTrainer so it doesn't reject the sensor
    -Fix another framework (AccessorySupport?) so the iPhone itself doesn't recognize the sensor as a sensor (and therefore doesn't give the 'kill' signal to the SportsTrainer framework).
    Last edited by weirdo81622; 2009-07-19 at 10:40 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo81622 For This Useful Post:

good to know that someone is still working on this

we could do what xgps did with gps serial. they made the system think their external gps is internal.
    External GPS become internal xGPS - GPS for iPhone / iPod touch

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo81622 View Post
    You shouldn't use this - this is just some experimental thinking by me to try to get the app to not say that the receiver is unnecessary.

If you want to get the app (partially) working, you need to use the files from the iPod touch 2G 3.0 software. -for now. it's not 100% yet, so we'll see where this goes.

nikeneeder,
    I don't have the 3.0 iTouch files. I have the 2.2.1 2G files and the 3.0 3GS files. Perhaps nickfranco can give it to you?
    Although I disagree with your hypothesis because the same error message appears in settings, I'm not going to stop you: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    I'm not sure why it says that the file size is 28MB, because it's only 280KB.

I don't know if you edited those files but the plists say they are from the 3.0 software:

<key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos3.0.internal</string>
    <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>3.0</string>

25. The Following User Says Thank You to nikeneeder For This Useful Post:

I Can't Wait To Nike+iPod Works On iPhone 3G And 2G Then We Should Get Voice Control Working That We Be So Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfranco5 View Post
    we could do what xgps did with gps serial. they made the system think their external gps is internal.
    External GPS become internal xGPS - GPS for iPhone / iPod touch
    That sounds interesting, and could probably work. But, I have absolutely no idea on how to even think about approaching coding something like that. We need someone who knows how to develop for iPhone on board with this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikeneeder View Post
    I don't know if you edited those files but the plists say they are from the 3.0 software:

<key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos3.0.internal</string>
    <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>3.0</string>
    Whoops. Sorry about that. I have so many folders on my desktop already with this stuff, and they're all called Stuff or Nike or NIKE or iPod or something like that so I get it confused. New one:
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Could someone try to swap out the AccessorySupport.framework on the 2G with the iTouch 2G 2.2.1 and 3.0 versions, as well as with the 3GS 3.0 version?
    Last edited by weirdo81622; 2009-07-20 at 09:17 AM.

Default so far so good, but not there yet
    my first post!

Hi everyone,

and first of all my congratulations and my utmost respect.

Very well done. Following the two combined forums I get the app to launch, but can't get the sensor to work.

The first time I tried it without ext. sensor it comes up with walk around a few steps, but although i did that nothing ever happens.
    Once ext. sensor is connected it automatically blocks the app and keeps it that way.

I am impressed and really hope you guys can find a way to fix it.

Otherwise I'll be forced to buy a nano...

Cheers!

oh forgot to mention that. doubt it helps or makes a diff, but...

the nike watch as a remote also wasn't accepted and no also shows the ext sensor not necessary pic.
    Last edited by starson; 2009-07-20 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast