Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Push Notification iPhone 2G!

hi is there anyone can help me??i have iphone 3g 3.0 jailbroken with redsnow,my problem is my push notification not working..i have tried to install pushfix,change ssh,have the inject and nimble and stuff like that but theres still no push notification..my youtube is working good...hope anyone can help me..thanks..

Ok so I installed the PushFix package from Cydia. And I am also receiving messages from strangers, its very annoying.

Is the fix to this to uninstall PushFix, and do it manually? (nibble/insert), or is there something else going on here, since i would have expected the install process to do all that?

Also will un-installing PushFix disable Push with out killing my phone (loosing my certs, im really hoping here it made a backup before it made any mods)?

Thanks for the help in advance.

I just followed the instructions and when I enter AIM it says to connect to itunes to enable push notifications. I connected to itunes a few times and nothing happened. Anyone know what the next procedure is? Does email push have to be on also? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by young e View Post
    OK FOR THOSE STILL HAVIN PROBLEMS THIS IS IT FINAL AND BEST TUT. THERE IS IF U CANT GET IT WORK AFTER THIS THEN IDK....LOL JP BUT HERE IT IS THROU CYDIA IT GETS NOT EASYER THAN THIS PPL

I WANT PUSH CLICK HERE
    I tried this and it constantly says that I have to connect to itunes. I did some googling and it shows that if your phone is jail broken, push will not work. Do you know how to uninstall this?

thanks
    Last edited by Wald GS; 2009-08-13 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

works great!
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by gastonm View Post
    works great!
    got any details? i thought this solution doesn't work.

i have tried the push fix from cydia as well as the manual fix described in this thread.

PING push is still not working, i can send but cannot receive. i thought since everyone is using the same cert, it won't work or something?

i have a jailbroken unlocked 3.0 iphone 2G.

edit: i just re-read the 1st thread, needs to have a properly activated phone, that makes sense then. is there a solution for hacktivated phones?
    Last edited by rlee; 2009-10-06 at 04:29 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Only solution would be to grab the keychain.db from a friend who has a ipod touch and then replace the correct files in the correct directories. Thats the only way to get it working correctly or properly activate it.. sucks man, I went thru the same thing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandonii's Avatar
    Thanks

Confirmed Work on 2g! It pop's up, but it doesn't vibrate or make a noise.
    Last edited by Brandonii; 2010-01-30 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    this totally worked for me and i'm SO HAPPY!! push RULES!!! getting every IM even on edge while the phone is asleep in my pocket!!!

i'm a 2g on tmobile running os X leopard using cyberduck

i downloaded the files and ssh'ed (with cyber duck) all 6 of them to /private/var/Keychains

these are the 6 files:
    youtube-key.bin
    push-cert.bin
    youtube-cert.bin
    push-key.bin
    nimble
    inject

here's the link to them:
    PushFix

then i fixed the permission on each one (still in cyberduck) by doing right click-get info and setting as shown in attached pic below (OP said set perms to 0755, this says 755, i assume thats the same thing.. worked for me)

then i backed up my keychain-2.db file by dragging it to the desktop (cuz you're about to replace it in the next step)

then i opened mobile terminal on my iphone and did as Iman07 instructed above (thank you so much):

type:
    cd /private/var/Keychains ((note the single space between cd and /private!))

push enter

then type:
    ./inject

push enter, let it do its thing..

then close mobile terminal and delete any push apps

do a full reboot on your phone (not a respring)

then i guess you're supposed to open you tube.app and make sure its connecting.. it worked for me..

plug back into itunes and sync back beejive or something that uses push and you should be all good!!!

thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread and on the not-to-be-mentioned site's thread and obviously to the dev team for letting us try this out before they do an official fix (i'm just assuming that they will)...
    Hi all,

I had a problem with typing cd /private/var/Keychains, because I get the following error every time:

"Not such file or directory"

could you please guide me how I can active push notification according your instruction?

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123