Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Push Notification iPhone 2G!

I am not getting any Push messages when my phone goes to sleep. Can anyone help. THX

Quote Originally Posted by diepnguyen View Post
    there's only 4 files in the zip file
    i'm not sure about the other download links, but in the mediafire link in my post above, theres 2 files and a folder (and a readme)... the other 4 files are in the folder..

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    why would you need this on 3gs? its not even unlocked yet so that basically means ur on ATT which means it should work out of the box. it did for my uncle; i personally tried it.
    Well not to burst a bubble but the 3gs is already unclocked lol same method as 3g it uses the ultasn0w injection

Look Here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to young e For This Useful Post:

Iman07 (2009-07-06)

Quote Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
    haha uh oh.....I think I spoke too soon...its working but I just got a push from beejive from a person not on my buddy list and when i signed in it wasnt there......am I getting push notifications from the phone the regular activated files came from?
    dido...im having the same problem with IM+. Also its buggy sometimes i will not get the push at all until I open the app then the IM shows up. This morning I got pushed some IMs that were not to me, like they were directed to the phone that the files come from when I opened IM+ they were not there I just got the push notification only.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Would make a great Cydia App!

Quote Originally Posted by young e View Post
    Well not to burst a bubble but the 3gs is already unclocked lol same method as 3g it uses the ultasn0w injection

Look Here
    ya thanks, i just found out today lol. cool for 3gs owners.

Quote Originally Posted by justin520 View Post
    dido...im having the same problem with IM+. Also its buggy sometimes i will not get the push at all until I open the app then the IM shows up. This morning I got pushed some IMs that were not to me, like they were directed to the phone that the files come from when I opened IM+ they were not there I just got the push notification only.
    I got Push Working on my iPhone with BeejiveIM 3.0. Maybe try AIM?

I hope that isn't the case.

mine hasnt been buggy at all ive gotten all my push notifications battery has been good. just have gotten 2 ims in german obv not meant for me lol.

i got push working with the four bin files. but i also get notifications from users not on my buddy list.

guess from the original phone.

Confirmed working...mine was a 2g..not activated with ATT.

OK FOR THOSE STILL HAVIN PROBLEMS THIS IS IT FINAL AND BEST TUT. THERE IS IF U CANT GET IT WORK AFTER THIS THEN IDK....LOL JP BUT HERE IT IS THROU CYDIA IT GETS NOT EASYER THAN THIS PPL

I WANT PUSH CLICK HERE

man dev-team needs to have their own ******* holiday or something man. this **** works perfectly

when I type ./inject I get No such file or directory. What do I do?

I got everything right but I'm still not getting any messages from people
    Last edited by tallboy; 2009-07-07 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

haha uh oh.....I think I spoke too soon...its working but I just got a push from beejive from a person not on my buddy list and when i signed in it wasnt there......am I getting push notifications from the phone the regular activated files came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by justin520 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan206 View Post
    I got Push Working on my iPhone with BeejiveIM 3.0. Maybe try AIM?

I hope that isn't the case.
    mine hasnt been buggy at all ive gotten all my push notifications battery has been good. just have gotten 2 ims in german obv not meant for me lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
    i got push working with the four bin files. but i also get notifications from users not on my buddy list.

guess from the original phone.
    I am also getting this problem, I got push working but I am using IM+ and getting messages from all sorts of people I don't know, I am getting messages from people I know as well.

Not sure what is going on, is it the push notification screwing up? or is it the IM+?

I don't recall getting any from BeeJive that weren't for me, but BeeJive doesn't support Twitter and a couple of other protocols that I want to use.

I am using 2G phone, can anyone who is on a 3G try IM+ to see if they are getting push notifications that aren't meant for them? So we can try and figure out exactly what the problem is, and what is causing it?
    Last edited by Topher87; 2009-07-10 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topher87 View Post
    I am also getting this problem, I got push working but I am using IM+ and getting messages from all sorts of people I don't know, I am getting messages from people I know as well.

Not sure what is going on, is it the push notification screwing up? or is it the IM+?

I don't recall getting any from BeeJive that weren't for me, but BeeJive doesn't support Twitter and a couple of other protocols that I want to use.

I am using 2G phone, can anyone who is on a 3G try IM+ to see if they are getting push notifications that aren't meant for them? So we can try and figure out exactly what the problem is, and what is causing it?
    It's because people are sharing their certificates and keys!

The fix clones the certificates from a officially activated device, then copies to your hacktivated one.

Of course you will get other people's notifications!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to exalted719 For This Useful Post:

Topher87 (2009-07-10)

I think Push notifications aren't meant for 2G owners

Quote Originally Posted by tallboy View Post
    I think Push notifications aren't meant for 2G owners
    and you say this why?

Quote Originally Posted by exalted719 View Post
    It's because people are sharing their certificates and keys!

The fix clones the certificates from a officially activated device, then copies to your hacktivated one.

Of course you will get other people's notifications!

I thought that may be the case, but then I noticed the option in IM+ to only accept messages from people on your buddy list and when that is checked I don't seem to get any for anyone but myself...I did not have that issue on beejive...

If what you are saying is true, then we would ALL be getting the same messages for the exact same user and that doesn't seem to be the case.

In IM+ goto More-->Settings-->Turn the switch ON for "Block messages from users not on your contact list"

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    I thought that may be the case, but then I noticed the option in IM+ to only accept messages from people on your buddy list and when that is checked I don't seem to get any for anyone but myself...I did not have that issue on beejive...

If what you are saying is true, then we would ALL be getting the same messages for the exact same user and that doesn't seem to be the case.

In IM+ goto More-->Settings-->Turn the switch ON for "Block messages from users not on your contact list"
    Well it depends on who's sharing who's certificates.

I have an iPod touch and an iPhone. I cloned the certificates from the iPod.

I then installed AIM on both. Signed in on the iPhone.

Then the messages pushed to the iPhone as it should, but when I turn off push on the iPhone, the notification goes to the iPod, even though the iPod has no AIM user account data entered.

So it really depends who's sharing who's. If you're only sharing with a few people, there will be less misdelivered notifications.

If lots of people are sharing the same certificates, more people will get other people's notifications.

Note the certificates are extracted from keychain.db by the "nimble" exec, and put into .bin files. People then post the same .bin files for everyone to use, therefore cloning the unique certificates for everyone that downloads the .bins.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast