Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on 2G - Fix for Battery Drain?

**UPDATE **

This is going to sound crazy! , I flash my phone with this FW "link"
    is already jailbroken and unlocked. ( no need to use redsnow )just connect the phone to itune$ and update+ shift and find the custom FW.

set up the phone as new , installed all my apps and all my info . Uploaded the carrier bundle for tmo.

on IPHONE : open cydia i added this repo : cydia.szifon.com , looked for 2GMMS/tether/CFW patch installed and rebooted.

tested the phone all day long ( from 7am to 5pm )
    With redsnow , no custom FW
    @7am : 100%
    @9am : 65% few mms, and sms
    @11am : 50% few sms
    @2pm : 35% few mms ,sms , cydia browse
    @4pm : 20% no mms , no sms
    @5pm : 10% few calls, and ipod use.

With custom FW , no redsnow
    @9am : 95% few mms, and sms
    @11am : 80% few sms
    @2pm : 75% few mms ,sms , cydia browse
    @4pm : 60% no mms , no sms
    @5pm : 50% few calls, and ipod use.

yeay im happy! i get to keep my mms

also did this to my wifes phone and she is getting better results , she doesnt use the phone as much as i do thats why! she came home at 5 and her phone showed 75%! and she is the one i send the MMS to

i hope this helps someone .. Thank you! and your welcome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabesir View Post
    **UPDATE **

This is going to sound crazy! , I flash my phone with this FW "link"
    is already jailbroken and unlocked. ( no need to use redsnow )just connect the phone to itune$ and update+ shift and find the custom FW.

set up the phone as new , installed all my apps and all my info . Uploaded the carrier bundle for tmo.

on IPHONE : open cydia i added this repo : cydia.szifon.com , looked for 2GMMS/tether/CFW patch installed and rebooted.

tested the phone all day long ( from 7am to 5pm )
    With redsnow , no custom FW
    @9am : 65% few mms, and sms
    @11am : 50% few sms
    @2pm : 35% few mms ,sms , cydia browse
    @4pm : 20% no mms , no sms
    @5pm : 10% few calls, and ipod use.

With custom FW , no redsnow
    @9am : 95% few mms, and sms
    @11am : 80% few sms
    @2pm : 75% few mms ,sms , cydia browse
    @4pm : 60% no mms , no sms
    @5pm : 50% few calls, and ipod use.

yeay im happy! i get to keep my mms

also did this to my wifes phone and she is getting better results , she doesnt use the phone as much as i do thats why! she came home at 5 and her phone showed 75%! and she is the one i send the MMS to

i hope this helps someone .. Thank you! and your welcome!

That is still bad battery life IMO...

iPhone should last at least 2 days with few calls and minor usage (Wifi, SMS, Safari and iPod).

The only way to know if you are achieving good results with MMS is to compare battery life with it enabled and battery life without it.
    Housekeepin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    That sucks if I have to remove Status Notifier.

Somehow, installing a jailbroken app removed my Missed Call Notification from the lock screen, so now the only way to find out if I have a Missed Call, from the lockscreen, is Status Notifier.

Anybody else lost their "Missed Call Notification" (Lockscreen) after Jailbreaking/Unlocking 3.0 with Redsn0w?
    Just in case anybody else is looking for the answer to this "MIssed Call Notification" on the lockscreen issue. There is new option in iBlacklist which turns this off for privacy. I spent WAY too much time trying to figure out why my 3.0 install was breaking my Missed Call Notifications.

I wish developers wouldn't change default phone settings like this without really making it known. I also wish Cydia required a good Change Log right in the Cydia app. But those aren't topics here.

i got the mms to work on my 2g using the sinfuliphone app from his site.

but the battery drainage is horrible, in 5 mins of radio streaming i went down about 6 % its crazy, i used to go at least 6 hours of listening to the radio on the phone before it even hit 30%

i have unistalled the program for now til a fix can be found

Question Drain
    Have the same problem with drainage, set up the iphone as new after upgrade to 3.2. When I install nativeMMS2G (since activatemms2g isn't around any more), my battery is dead after a day, uninstalling it gives me battery life of two days with about 30% left at the end of the second day (that is with iPod usage and all!). So the difference is huge, even wit push disabled (which gave me some 2h more battery life, no biggy).
    Any other suggestions? Is there a third MMS patch I haven't tried yet? One that really works?

P.S: don't want to install a manipulated firmware from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Morimando View Post
    Have the same problem with drainage, set up the iphone as new after upgrade to 3.2. When I install nativeMMS2G (since activatemms2g isn't around any more), my battery is dead after a day, uninstalling it gives me battery life of two days with about 30% left at the end of the second day (that is with iPod usage and all!). So the difference is huge, even wit push disabled (which gave me some 2h more battery life, no biggy).
    Any other suggestions? Is there a third MMS patch I haven't tried yet? One that really works?

P.S: don't want to install a manipulated firmware from somewhere.
    T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)

The 2G patch on the first page is the one you want. Much less battery drainage!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12