Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPCC Modding: Custom Carrier Logo NO JAILBREAK REQ!

Default IPCC Modding: Custom Carrier Logo NO JAILBREAK REQ!
    That's right folks. I don't know if I'm the only person in the world that didn't know this or what, but here's a short-n-sweet guide to change the carrier logo via the IPCC file. What's nice about this is that you CAN do this on a iPhone 3GS, as I have shown in the SS below. I tried to use a feature that only the 3GS had to prove it.

You do NOT need to jailbreak for this!!

This guide is for windows

What you need:

WinRAR
    An IPCC file
    Whatever carrier logo you want.
    iTunes 8.2 w/ IPCC updating enabled.
    Carrier Logo (One from SS here)

To enable IPCC update, be sure that iTunes is not running, and bring up a run dialog (WINDOWS+R) and then copy this: "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    • You need to change the IPCC file from *.ipcc to *.zip (seriously, do not put an asterisk there)
    • Now browse the ZIP Payload > *.bundle >
      • Locate the files Default_CARRIER_*.png and FSO_CARRIER_*.png, where * is your carrier's name
      • Delete them

• Now Alt+A (click Add) and locate the carrier logo you want to insert. Be sure that it is named properly
    • After you've inserted the new files, close out of it.
    • Rename the file back to *.ipcc
    • Go into iTunes and SHIFT click "Check for Update", change the file type to IPCC in the box that pops up.
    • Locate the file, click OK.
    • You are now rockin' a custom carrier logo on your iPhone.

The only thing I don't know about is where to locate IPCC files. I'm on AT&T, on an iPhone 3GS (32GB), and was able to find one easily. For all other carriers, IDK, sorry. I'm sure that google is your friend, but yeah.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2009-06-28 at 03:59 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2009-06-28), pekosfin (2009-07-03)

Thanks

Neat mod this might serve as a little drool factor for all the kiddies waiting impatiently for the 3G[S] Jailbreak

That's what it serves for me for now. It's the only other mod I was able to do, besides enabling MMS and Tethering on my 3GS
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!