Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant SSH Into iphone 3g with new 3.0 FW

Default Cant SSH Into iphone 3g with new 3.0 FW
    Has anyone had any issues with getting a successful SSH done on their iphone 3g? Ive tried the wifi method and non wifi method with all necessary files and keep getting a "software refused connection" error?

Am i doing something wrong?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have using cyber duck on my macbook, make sure openssh installed, i had to do it a couple times.

Yah i uninstalled openssh and re-installed still getting "software caused connection abort"

I haven't run into this but I know someone else here as cause there is another thread. I use WinSCP to SSH in. Not sure if it's the connecting software or SSH itself. I'd guess permission issue but you can't really fix it witout SSH! Umm, the only other thing I've seen is bossprefs has a toggle for "SSH on when reboot" that sometimes is set to off but I assume if that were the case it just wouldn't connect at all.

ok i fixed the issue, turned out that my wi-fi connection had to be reset. As far as connecting with just USB and itunnel..still get "network error: software caused connection abort"

Quote Originally Posted by Bk2BlkGT View Post
    ok i fixed the issue, turned out that my wi-fi connection had to be reset. As far as connecting with just USB and itunnel..still get "network error: software caused connection abort"
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ite-3-0-a.html

Thanks

you can just use DiskAid also.

Thank you very much