Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to deactivate autocorrection?

Question How to deactivate autocorrection?
    hello,

i live in austria an have an i-phone. now i want to know how can i deactivate the autocorrection when i write a sms? because the iphone changes words from german to english

thx,
    reality2004

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

settings>>>keyboard>>>enable auto correction (turn it off)

Hello,
    in my Settings is nothing about Autocorrection. Just Auto Capitalization and Caps Lock. Why is it so?

That's because the setting has to be added by editing a plist. If you have installer on your phone install the iUtility - Keyboard and then the autocorrection option will show up in your settings.

hey I have the exact same problem in Europe.

Where wan I find this iUtility-keyboard? nothing much showed up on google, except for some threads here from Greg talking about a rogue installer. I assume that's not the same as the installer.app from Dev-guide to unlock?

it's on apptapp
    I'm assuming you've already used iBrickr and jailbroke your phone... You should have the "installer" there. If you don't have an App called "Installer" on your i-phone then you have some work to do. There's plenty of guides around this site on how to get it there.

Just install the tweak called "Kb" and then you'll have the autocorrect option in Keyboard

More Specifically: Installer > Tweaks > Kb; Settings > General > Keyboard > Autocorrect OFF
    Last edited by brand1130; 2007-09-24 at 06:09 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brand1130 For This Useful Post:

Stylez (2007-09-24), vortograph (2007-10-19)

nevermind they were already installed

Thanks

U have to add fix called kb2. Its working better than kb. It is located in categories-Tweaks 1.1.1. It works for 1.1.4 also. With kb u lose i think shortcut option or something else...

how to install kb2 throught Cydia,
    i cant find kb2 in cydia.
    is it possible to install this manually?