Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
    so even with this file, we still cannot send mms?
    Apparently not, but the proper MMS configuration switch becomes accessible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

can someone post the original "AppSupport" Backup. It would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks

The original CoreTelephony file and this hacked one differ in two places, one has 2 bytes difference and the other 20 bytes. I think there's more patching needed. So NO ONE managed to send MMS despite the proper settings in the General > Network > Cellular Data options?

i noticed in the log dependencies on com.apple.springboard.plist and Springboard.app. so, i copied the two over from 3g firmware and now my phone wont reboot. i think its because my plist file contained a dependency to madvLock, which runs directly on the springboard. i wish it would let me ssh so i could have a chance!

i did notice a difference between the plist file on 2g and the one on 3g.

after i restore *tear*...i am going to try just copying the difference instead of the whole file.

Quote Originally Posted by mackonsti View Post
    The original CoreTelephony file and this hacked one differ in two places, one has 2 bytes difference and the other 20 bytes. I think there's more patching needed. So NO ONE managed to send MMS despite the proper settings in the General > Network > Cellular Data options?
    not yet. maybe there are more clues in the russian forum.
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 2009-06-27 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nice.

I used a backup of the AppSupport and modified the CoreTelephony and now the toggle switches appear on preferences>Messages
    I still can't send mms but my mms setting are correct

I will attach a zip containing the modified and original files of the CoreTelephony and AppSupport.

I can also confirm that on the iPhone 3G, if you disable the 3G, you can still send mms messages. I think this is good right?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ZexX_pt; 2009-06-27 at 07:53 PM. Reason: new information & avoid double-posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZexX_pt For This Useful Post:

aznrmx1112 (2009-06-27), ddfilms (2009-06-27)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZexX_pt View Post
    Nice.

I used a backup of the AppSupport and modified the CoreTelephony and now the toggle switches appear on preferences>Messages
    I still can't send mms but my mms setting are correct

I will attach a zip containing the modified and original files of the CoreTelephony and AppSupport.

I can also confirm that on the iPhone 3G, if you disable the 3G, you can still send mms messages. I think this is good right?
    Mate AppSupport is no longer needed patched. Unless your carrier settings for MMS are correct and using both files patched for successfully sending an MMS, then AppSupport is required. Otherwise, forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by mackonsti View Post
    Mate AppSupport is no longer needed patched. Unless your carrier settings for MMS are correct and using both files patched for successfully sending an MMS, then AppSupport is required. Otherwise, forget about it
    That's what I said. I used a backup of an AppSupport file that was not patched and the CoreTelephony patched.

I placed both of versions (original and patched) of those files in the zip for convenience. If someone needs it, they don't have to look in different posts.

Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
    THIS JUST IN:

i guess our russian brethren WERE really onto something. i browsed their forum, with the help of an online translator, and found a download link for a file called appsupport found in System/LIbrary/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework. So i downloaded it and copied it over and voilaa!!! MMS interface.

So, this is what i can confirm:

1. SSH M68AP.plist MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (boolean mms key with true value) into System/Library/Core Services/Springboard.app.

2. SSH AppSupport MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service to System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework

3. Reboot. Connect to iTunes and update your carrier settings with this: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Reboot

Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and fill in your settings:
    (this thread was intended for T-Mobile USA users, so that is what i am basing this off of)

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Reboot again (idk, just seems like the right thing to do) =P

With this, i have gotten the camera icon in Messages.app. it will let me take a pic, and attach it. as of right now though, it fails to send

UPDATE:

it may not be neccessary to update the ipcc file. i tested mms before i update and it failed. so i updated it, but it still failed. wish i had time to look into this more, but i gotta run!

come on you guys! you can do it!!!
    QUICK SIDETRACK:

That carrier bundle is terrible. The T-Mobile image is too big (the reason for the annoying scrolling between the signal strength and EDGE/Wi-Fi icon), all the labels in the T-Mobile Services menu are basic and not very OEM, and the bundle folder and image filenames do not match any of the other T-Mobile carriers.

For example, T-Mobile Czech Republic's filenames are as follows:

Default_CARRIER_T-Mobile CZ.png and FSO_CARRIER_T-Mobile CZ.png (the other T-Mobiles are in the same fashion)

Whereas the ones from this carrier bundle are:

Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png

So all I did was copy the CZ images and replaced the "CZ" with a "US" and pasted them into the TMO_US.bundle folder (it should be properly labeled TMobile_us.bundle just like the other T-Mobile carriers) and edited the carrier.plist located in that folder to reflect the changes.

With the above changes, the T-Mobile carrier logo/text no longer scrolls.

Also, if someone could create a new carrier bundle to reflect the above changes as well as the labels in the following image (from the "Carrier settings for iPhone" article) it would be GREATLY appreciated.

All I'm looking for here is something very OEM to go along with this forthcoming [OEM] MMS addition/exposure.

so any successful mms messages sent out? cause i tried using both modified files and that didn't work. then i tried the modified coretelephony and the original appsupport and that didn't work. I can confirm that under both, they both showed the mms setting toggle as well as the camera icon in messages.

i think its the com.apple.springboard.plist that keeps bricking my phone. initially i tried to copy both the plist and springboard.app over, and it crashed. so then i just tried the plist and it crashed again.

it seems that that file is heavily used though in the log...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    QUICK SIDETRACK:

That carrier bundle is terrible. The T-Mobile image is too big (the reason for the annoying scrolling between the signal strength and EDGE/Wi-Fi icon), all the labels in the T-Mobile Services menu are basic and not very OEM, and the bundle folder and image filenames do not match any of the other T-Mobile carriers.

For example, T-Mobile Czech Republic's filenames are as follows:

Default_CARRIER_T-Mobile CZ.png and FSO_CARRIER_T-Mobile CZ.png (the other T-Mobiles are in the same fashion)

Whereas the ones from this carrier bundle are:

Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png

So all I did was copy the CZ images and replaced the "CZ" with a "US" and pasted them into the TMO_US.bundle folder (it should be properly labeled TMobile_us.bundle just like the other T-Mobile carriers) and edited the carrier.plist located in that folder to reflect the changes.

With the above changes, the T-Mobile carrier logo/text no longer scrolls.

Also, if someone could create a new carrier bundle to reflect the above changes as well as the labels in the following image (from the "Carrier settings for iPhone" article) it would be GREATLY appreciated.

All I'm looking for here is something very OEM to go along with this forthcoming [OEM] MMS addition/exposure.
    how do you update the carrier bundle? any help?

I have 2g tmobile and spent half hour on phone with tech support. Verified the settings..also verified 3g can be disabled and mms will work. Had me try internet2.voicestream.com as well as capitalizing the ending mms on the MMSC setting..funny thing, he tried sending me a profile over the air, something they have done before and has worked and he tried twice and I never got either of them yet texting and internet over edge continued to work.

Another odd thing was if I tried interent2.voicestream.com in the MMS settings it would never stick. I would go back and it would be blank. Yet wap.voicestream.com stuck. In the normal cell data APN field I can use either of them and it will stick.

I take that back. The tech said I could leave the cell data setting at wap.voicestream.com and just change the MMS APN to internet2.voicestream.com. Doing that resulted in the MMS APN setting going blank. Now I changed the cell data and MMS APN to internet2 and it stuck, still failed.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-27 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    I have 2g tmobile and spent half hour on phone with tech support. Verified the settings..also verified 3g can be disabled and mms will work. Had me try internet2.voicestream.com as well as capitalizing the ending mms on the MMSC setting..funny thing, he tried sending me a profile over the air, something they have done before and has worked and he tried twice and I never got either of them yet texting and internet over edge continued to work.
    hey, just in case, can you post the confirmed t-mobile usa settings?

The only settings that has stuck for me is epc.tmobile.com

Username:
    Password:

Username:
    Password:
    thanks.

in the com.apple.springboard.plist on the 3g, it has a boolean key Disabled marked true. and in he 2g, it doesn't have this key at all. but everytime i try to add this key to the 2g, it bricks it.

of course, my theory was to add it to the 2g with it marked false (hoping to enable something) lol.
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 2009-06-27 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From Genuisan:

[Patch] I will lay out on Sunday, when I return to the city. In the course of test was revealed that the telephone does not determine position on the honeycomb towers. As was explained this consequence jb. In other respects everything works excellently.
    2 Atomic - you on the accurate way.
    Stay of tuned wink.gif
    Патч выложу в воскресенье, когда вернусь в город. В ходе теста обнаружилось что телефон не определяет местоположение по сотовым вышкам. Как выяснилось это последствие jb. В остальном все работает отлично.
    2 Atomic - вы на верном пути.
    Stay tuned wink.gif
    Last edited by 96hondaex; 2009-06-27 at 10:36 PM.

And here is the info Atomic is onto:

N82AP.plist is loaded to 3G. In it- that are included the missing functions (mms) which we by hand prescribe into M68AP.plist.
    Number of telephony-maximum-generation=3 tried already - the option of start 3G and all appears in the tuning.

[Och]. curious [faylik] Of commCenter (in ../CoreTelephony.framework/Support/), at it lie commands for the modem.
    Here, by the way, the results of the work (error) of some commands, reflected in the ravine. Part of them possibly [kakto] is connected [s]
    with the absence in 2G straight supports MMS:

6.725 send [of call]: at+ccwa=1
    6.726 recv [of reg]: +CME ERROR: 100

5.170 send [of call]: at+cnap=1
    5.172 recv [of reg]: +CME ERROR: 100

5.432 send [of call]: at+stktr=37,4,255
    5.433 recv [of reg]: +CME ERROR: 100

7.022 send [of call]: at+xsms=1
    7.023 recv [of reg]: +CME ERROR: 100

10.302 send [of call]: at+xcfc
    10.530 recv [of call]: +CME ERROR: 13

11.040 send [of call]: at+csca?
    11.050 recv [of call]: +CMS ERROR: 314

(13 errors this [vashche] SIM of failure, and 314 - SIM of busy), so that the interest present errors 100 - Unknown.

Unfortunately, I not [silen] in AT commands for the message SMS/MMS; therefore the matter moves slowly. I want to only say that
    the positions of some [zhadin] on this forum me greatly disappoint

anyone have a 3g commcenter file?
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-27 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone have a 3g commcenter file?
    I have an unlocked MMS enabled 3G, any way I can get the file? Or is this a Dev tool?

You have to SSH into your phone, then copy it from:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast