Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

well i found the file but wht does "ispazio repository" mean? lol

ok i got a problem. i installed the ActivateMMS2G but nothing has changed. I go into Network settings and theres nothing there
    Last edited by ss1gohan13; 2009-07-02 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

reboot your phone

rebooted the phone about 3 times now, still no change in the settings

Quote Originally Posted by ss1gohan13 View Post
    rebooted the phone about 3 times now, still no change in the settings
    It took me a few reboots for things to show up. Check your message settings and make sure you have MMS enabled in there. Then check your cellular data settings and put ya mms details in there.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcool123 View Post
    1.locate ur ipcc file here on ur pc... C:documents and settingsuserapplication dataapple computeritunesiphone carrier support
    2. Change the file type to zip and find the carrier.plist file in the payload folder .
    3. Open the file wid pledit program (google it) and edit the boolean item apns.
    4. Under it put ur gprs apn and also the mms apn under the mms option. Save it ...
    5. Change the file type again to ipcc.
    6. Open itunes , ( find the way on these forums on how to activate to choose ipcc file on itunes). Shift + update on itunes and choose ur modified ipcc and reboot...
    All done!!!! U shud now be able to save ur settings...
    thanks
    i think i am near to it (help.benm.at helped a lot i installed settings but how to enter above written settings on iphone .apn i already written as mmsc from benm.at settings wizard

i can send mms but when i receive mms it comes as a link instead of a media can any1 help me on this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I have installed the CoreTelephony patch, & the CommCenter patch on my iphone.
    I'm using Bharati Airtel India as my carrier. My MMS settings are saving, my MMS is activated, & I can see the camera picture & attach pics in Messages.app.
    But when I try to send an MMS, it still fails. My friend with an Airtel iPhone3G can send MMS without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by w33zyjam3s8a8y View Post
    hey i use internet2.voicestream.com for my data. the wap.voicestream.com does not work for data and it doesn't work for my MMS either? what is the issue? ive tried using internet2 for my mms and that doesn't work. is wap.voicestream the ONLY one that works for t-mobile users?? HELP!!!
    As far as I know it depends on the account type that you have. I have the 9.99 web2go data plan and 19.99 unlimited messages for families. wap.voicestream.com is the only one that works for me. If I try to use the epc... or the internet2... it tells me "could not activate cellular data network". But I know after reading through all the posts here that wap... doesnt work for some while others have wap for one and internet2 for the other.

Seems to be an odd mix of what is working for everyone, but it sounds like it depends on your account.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post
    FYI ATT users. I just realized my VVM wasn't working. I changed the VVM apn to acds.voicemail and now both MMS and VVM are working.
    I just recently had to do a full restore and tried your method for the heck of it and it worked the first time. nicely done.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Quote Originally Posted by modyl92 View Post
    i can send mms but when i receive mms it comes as a link instead of a media can any1 help me on this
    Sounds like MMS isn't activated on your account. My brother in Cali on ATT with a 3g gets the same thing if I send him a MMS.

Just thought I would let anyone else on Orange UK know how I got MMS working.
    Firstly I have a 2G iphone (8Gb) running the 3.0 (7A341) software which I unlocked and jailbreaked with Redsn0w!
    I downloaded and installed mms2g via Cydia if you're unable to find it in Cydia just use the search option and type in "activate" and it'll show itself beneath in the results called "ActivateMMS2G"
    Once installed I rebooted then went to the "http://help.benm.at/help.php" site via the iPhone safari browser. Go to the second Mobileconfigs link the one which lets you create a custom Mobileconfig, and enter these settings:
    Mobile Internet
    Apn: orangemms
    Username: Orange
    Password: Multimedia
    Visual Voicemail
    Enable Tethering then click "generate". Install the MobileConfig you just created then reboot.
    Once your iPhone has restarted go the settings- general- network-cellular data network then change the cellular data apn to "orangewap", then go to the mms section below and add
    MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk
    MMS PROXY: 192.168.224.10.8080, then come out of settings reboot then you should be able to send and reciece MMS! Obviously ensure mms is enabled in the messages section of settings!

Quote Originally Posted by dava6711 View Post
    Just thought I would let anyone else on Orange UK know how I got MMS working.
    Firstly I have a 2G iphone (8Gb) running the 3.0 (7A341) software which I unlocked and jailbreaked with Redsn0w!
    I downloaded and installed mms2g via Cydia if you're unable to find it in Cydia just use the search option and type in "activate" and it'll show itself beneath in the results called "ActivateMMS2G"
    Once installed I rebooted then went to the "http://help.benm.at/help.php" site via the iPhone safari browser. Go to the second Mobileconfigs link the one which lets you create a custom Mobileconfig, and enter these settings:
    Mobile Internet
    Visual Voicemail
    Enable Tethering then click "generate". Install the MobileConfig you just created then reboot.
    Once your iPhone has restarted go the settings- general- network-cellular data network then change the cellular data apn to "orangewap", then go to the mms section below and add
    MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk
    MMS PROXY: 192.168.224.10.8080, then come out of settings reboot then you should be able to send and reciece MMS! Obviously ensure mms is enabled in the messages section of settings!
    Hey, Im on Orange UK payg and all i had to add once downloaded was orangemms in both apn sections plus the proxy and mmsc settings you have already mentioned.....bingo, working mms. Ive read a few things about the settings on this hack and it seems to work in different ways....confusing?? Yes, but once its done, its great

mms is activated i can only send to others but cant not receive

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i know i said i wasn't going to post in this anymore, but AT&T PAYG users beware. AT&T just f*cked me over on the MMS. DO NOT CALL TECH SUPPORT FOR HELP WITH MMS. SPEAK TO REGULAR ADVISERS ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Hey Tek,

I actually got Push Notifications working on my 2G.
    It was by accident actually.

This is what I did:
    I restored my 2G and put in my old AT&T SIM that isn't no longer in use. I let my phone connect to iTunes and it says that it's activating. I hit dismiss then I downloaded BeejiveIM and turned on Push Notifications. I tested it and it worked. I then removed my AT&T SIM and jailbroke my 2G. I popped in my T-Mobile SIM and tested Beejive by sendind myself an IM from my computer and it still works.

So now, I have Push Notifications AND native MMS.
    If any of you guys still have your original SIM card, you may be able to get Push Notifications. It worked for me!

Edit: I've restored my 2G four times and everytime Push Notifications still worked. You guys who don't have it, should check it out. I did try before by using an activated AT&T SIM that wasn't used for an iPhone and it wouldn't work since iTunes would force you to modify their account. So I think if you were previous customers of AT&T and still have your SIM that you should give it a shot.
    Im breaking down...gonna give it a go now. No go, wouldn't activate with my SIM...maybe cause it asked for my phone number and I don't remember what it was with that sim lol?
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-07-03 at 03:03 AM.

If any AT&T person can help me.

i put my sim in my blackberry, sent some MMSs and it worked. Then i switched the sim back to the iphone real quick and the iphone picked up an old MMS that was sent to me, and it shows as a received picture. Then i tried to send an MMS from the iphone and it failed at 95% ... any help on this?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    If anyone wants mms working on their 2g iphone here is a diy:

1) downgrade to 114 and change ur imei (via ZIPHONE)to a gophone or any other phone that is capable of mms (requires itunes 7.5)
    2) Upgrade to 3.0 via one of the custom firmwares here(homeofmagic.blogspot.com)
    **These are already jailbroken and dont have basehand upgrades
    3) install cydia activatemms hack and reboot.
    4) check settings under settings/general/network/cellular network and make sure they are correct for att
    5) call att to change imei to what you changed it to in step 10 and change data plan to mediamax bundle
    6) reboot and everything is all good.

****if you dont want to change your imei then it NOT going to work consistently.

now the question is, does the permanently break push notification?

can we send video or audio ?

hey guyz, have anyone noticed that the sms issue. I can not send combined sms's longer than 2. if I reach the limit of 2 which is I think ~ 300 chars. I got sms sending failure. don't know if this is related with the mms activation, haven't tried it before I apply the patch. have anyone noticed that? know how to fix it or at least what cause it, sms app's own issue with OS 3.0 or this patch?

thx

i changed my imei when i was in 1.1.4 for Swirly and it worked flawlessly until i updated to 2.0 and it automatically changed back.....should it have stayed changed? and would it stay changed after this process?

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast