Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

@poprocks: Try calling late at nite. I called at 11pm ET - hopefully you'll get someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. You can also try changing your IMEI (that should definitely fix it for you) and/or putting your SIM card into another phone and sending a MMS message.

Hey guys
    Im new to the forum but wondered if anyone else had seen this regarding mms on 2g running firmware 3.0

Activate MMS On iPhone 2G ( First Gen ) | iPhone

Works for me, hope it helps others

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

For those with the battery drainage, SpookyET said that it may be because of Push Email. I just turned my Push off and set it to fetch, I'll see if that's the cause. He said that there's a bug with Push in 3.0 that drains your battery. I'm hoping that it's that and not MMS.

i have a problem sending mms on idea carrier india
    the settings r
    whenever i put the settings the apn settings r gone only the mms and mms proxy remains there

name:idea_mms
    bearer:GPRS
    access point name :mmsc (small letters always)
    home page:http://10.4.42.15
    proxy serv. address:10.4.42.15:8080
    ip adderess:10.4.42.15

Quote Originally Posted by gauravsuneja View Post
    i have a problem sending mms on idea carrier india
    the settings r
    whenever i put the settings the apn settings r gone only the mms and mms proxy remains there

name:idea_mms
    bearer:GPRS
    access point name :mmsc (small letters always)
    home page:http://10.4.42.15
    proxy serv. address:10.4.42.15:8080
    ip adderess:10.4.42.15
    1.locate ur ipcc file here on ur pc... CDocuments and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Carrier Support
    2. change the file type to zip and find the carrier.plist file in the payload folder .
    3. open the file wid pledit program (google it) and edit the boolean item apns.
    4. under it put ur gprs apn and also the mms apn under the mms option. save it ...
    5. change the file type again to ipcc.
    6. open itunes , ( find the way on these forums on how to activate to choose ipcc file on itunes). shift + update on itunes and choose ur modified ipcc and REBOOT...
    all done!!!! u shud now be able to save ur settings...

Quote Originally Posted by nikcool123 View Post
    1.locate ur ipcc file here on ur pc... Cocuments and SettingsuserApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Carrier Support
    2. change the file type to zip and find the carrier.plist file in the payload folder .
    3. open the file wid pledit program (google it) and edit the boolean item apns.
    4. under it put ur gprs apn and also the mms apn under the mms option. save it ...
    5. change the file type again to ipcc.
    6. open itunes , ( find the way on these forums on how to activate to choose ipcc file on itunes). shift + update on itunes and choose ur modified ipcc and REBOOT...
    all done!!!! u shud now be able to save ur settings...
    I've done all that. But when I upload it, the VPN's are not what I typed in. It still sets it for WAP under both, even though I edited the EDGE VPN to be internet2.

Where am I going wrong? Does anyone have a working ipcc file with internet2/wap for the APN's?
    The only thing that threatens my humanity... is, none other than, reality.

hey i use internet2.voicestream.com for my data. the wap.voicestream.com does not work for data and it doesn't work for my MMS either? what is the issue? ive tried using internet2 for my mms and that doesn't work. is wap.voicestream the ONLY one that works for t-mobile users?? HELP!!!

I still can't get it to work ( the resolution fix) with multiple ipcc files I've tried.

Should they all have something under MMS UA Prof URL?

And am I Updating , rebooting, restoring, rebooting with the same IPCC file??

Quote Originally Posted by noodles12 View Post
    I still can't get it to work ( the resolution fix) with multiple ipcc files I've tried.

I think you need to ssh into the phone and delete the old carrier setting or the new one won't stick.

the settings are sticking. it's just that some of the ipcc's i've tried had a MMS UA PRof URL and some don't.

and am i using the same IPCC to update, and then restore? and why do we have to go through both? (just curious)

Quote Originally Posted by noodles12 View Post

The fixed res. ones have a sony ericcson UA profile in settings. You can always try to put it in manually after updating...

As for push draining the batter, Hacktivated 2g's don't have push currently, the devs were actually going to work on it after the release of the 3gs jailbreak..yet another thing we are hoping to get working as I would LOVE to use Cylay...

What if it has an apple url under the UA?

I think i figure out my problem. I was testing my phone w/ other iphones w/out the res fix so it was blurry on both sides. Tried it with gf's blackberry and pictures are clearer.

Note: Does anyone notice that this erases the "Group MMS" bug and sends all group sms's as sms again? It does this for me.
    Last edited by noodles12; 2009-07-01 at 10:45 PM.

FYI ATT users. I just realized my VVM wasn't working. I changed the VVM apn to acds.voicemail and now both MMS and VVM are working.

i got everything working on min but it wont sebd the MMS it errors out!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    The fixed res. ones have a sony ericcson UA profile in settings. You can always try to put it in manually after updating...

As for push draining the batter, Hacktivated 2g's don't have push currently, the devs were actually going to work on it after the release of the 3gs jailbreak..yet another thing we are hoping to get working as I would LOVE to use Cylay...
    Hey Tek,

I actually got Push Notifications working on my 2G.
    It was by accident actually.

This is what I did:
    I restored my 2G and put in my old AT&T SIM that isn't no longer in use. I let my phone connect to iTunes and it says that it's activating. I hit dismiss then I downloaded BeejiveIM and turned on Push Notifications. I tested it and it worked. I then removed my AT&T SIM and jailbroke my 2G. I popped in my T-Mobile SIM and tested Beejive by sendind myself an IM from my computer and it still works.

So now, I have Push Notifications AND native MMS.
    If any of you guys still have your original SIM card, you may be able to get Push Notifications. It worked for me!

Edit: I've restored my 2G four times and everytime Push Notifications still worked. You guys who don't have it, should check it out. I did try before by using an activated AT&T SIM that wasn't used for an iPhone and it wouldn't work since iTunes would force you to modify their account. So I think if you were previous customers of AT&T and still have your SIM that you should give it a shot.
    Last edited by DayumQuitPlayin; 2009-07-01 at 11:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default activatemms2g working but resoultion sucks
    i got activatemms2g working on my T-Mobile 2g iphone but ofc the resolution is sucks. Wonder anyone know how to get tethering on 2g iphone?? i did tried with help.benm.at and tether did not appear in network setting . I really need tether so bad while im on trip.. Anyone can help me please? thanks.

TMOBILE USERS:

I have a carrier.plist that uses epc.tmobile.com for data and wap.voicestream.com for mms. It also includes the fix for resolution.

I just ssh'ed into my phone and replaced. Hard rebooted.

However, when i send an MMS to myself, it fails at sending, but I do receive it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bobby_nguyen; 2009-07-01 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Hey Tek,

I actually got Push Notifications working on my 2G.
    It was by accident actually.

This is what I did:
    I restored my 2G and put in my old AT&T SIM that isn't no longer in use. I let my phone connect to iTunes and it says that it's activating. I hit dismiss then I downloaded BeejiveIM and turned on Push Notifications. I tested it and it worked. I then removed my AT&T SIM and jailbroke my 2G. I popped in my T-Mobile SIM and tested Beejive by sendind myself an IM from my computer and it still works.

So now, I have Push Notifications AND native MMS.
    If any of you guys still have your original SIM card, you may be able to get Push Notifications. It worked for me!

Edit: I've restored my 2G four times and everytime Push Notifications still worked. You guys who don't have it, should check it out. I did try before by using an activated AT&T SIM that wasn't used for an iPhone and it wouldn't work since iTunes would force you to modify their account. So I think if you were previous customers of AT&T and still have your SIM that you should give it a shot.
    You are correct sir, my bad for not "being more specific!" lol. People who have an ATT sim can do it. Those of us without it can't yet. NO SH**, I just found mine in the free tmobile phone I got when I got that sim...well I shall try that now...where's a friggin paperclip dangit.

Changed mind, don't want to restore again
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-07-02 at 02:10 AM.

ok i havent seen this thread in about 2 weeks. and theres another one saying something about a "patch" that he applied to get MMS on 2G iphone. What did i miss?

in the cydia ispazio repository theres a file called activatemms2g!

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast