Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hey guys i got my first audio message today. thought i'd post a screen shot of it. btw, this will be my last post in this thread. it's become too jumbled with tmobile and att and o2 and all sorts of carriers and their problems. if you have a problem with AT&T, specifically Pay As You Go, feel free to drop me a private message. i will answer your questions and help you get it working.

i finally got it all working here. Big Thanks!! to everyone involved to get this working from the activatemms to the resolution fix. Very nice work to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Vengeance View Post
    i have a backup I can restore to.. plus all my contacts and such are saved to an exchange server so it's not a big deal to me. I can install my apps later. Plus I have a backup I can restore to so really this is just to pull the stock carrier.plist file.
    ok, just an update. I had wiped my phone clean and started from square one, applied all the MMS stuff I needed and downloaded the epc/wap APN settings with the picture quality mod and attempted the mms... the first one sent. subsiquent ones came up with a red "!" even though they went through ok.. I'm thinking I may never get this resolved. funny thing is, it worked perfectly last night, AND this issue happens when I'm connected via WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    btw, this will be my last post in this thread. it's become too jumbled with tmobile and att and o2 and all sorts of carriers and their problems. if you have a problem with AT&T, specifically Pay As You Go, feel free to drop me a private message. i will answer your questions and help you get it working.
    I concur. thx for your help man!

**EDIT**

I think I figured out what the issue was. this may be something just for me, but previously I have only been able to send if i was using "http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc" for my MMSC so after I installed IronicIrony's "TMobile_US_UAFaking.ipcc.zip" (epc/wap) IPCC file I accessed the /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/carrier.plist file with WinSCP and edited it with iPodRobot plist Editor. You can get it here. While changing the MMSC I noticed a little issue... in previous posts the MMS proxy has been through port 8080 (216.155.165.50:8080) but in the Plist file it's port 80...

is this an issue?

I changed it to 8080 and now I'm not getting ANY errors, even when using WiFi!
    Last edited by Lemony Vengeance; 2009-07-01 at 08:11 AM. Reason: More info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    To get perfect pics on tmobile here's a rundown.

Download either of these ipcc.zip files(the first one is for epc.tmo the 2nd is internet2.voicestream :

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...aking.ipcc.zip

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...aking.ipcc.zip

Looks like these two files are no longer available to download. Error message from server:
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Jeez this whole AT&T thing sucks! Looks like im stuck to still using this lol

http://artoftheiphone.com/2008/05/10...h-your-iphone/
    Last edited by NinjaTurtle; 2009-07-01 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Vengeance View Post
    ok, just an update. I had wiped my phone clean and started from square one, applied all the MMS stuff I needed and downloaded the epc/wap APN settings with the picture quality mod and attempted the mms... the first one sent. subsiquent ones came up with a red "!" even though they went through ok.. I'm thinking I may never get this resolved. funny thing is, it worked perfectly last night, AND this issue happens when I'm connected via WiFi.

I concur. thx for your help man!

**EDIT**

I think I figured out what the issue was. this may be something just for me, but previously I have only been able to send if i was using "http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc" for my MMSC so after I installed IronicIrony's "TMobile_US_UAFaking.ipcc.zip" (epc/wap) IPCC file I accessed the /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/carrier.plist file with WinSCP and edited it with iPodRobot plist Editor. You can get it here. While changing the MMSC I noticed a little issue... in previous posts the MMS proxy has been through port 8080 (216.155.165.50:8080) but in the Plist file it's port 80...

is this an issue?

I changed it to 8080 and now I'm not getting ANY errors, even when using WiFi!
    Yeah that def. could have been the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle View Post
    Jeez this whole AT&T thing sucks! Looks like im stuck to still using this lol

http://artoftheiphone.com/2008/05/10...-your-iphone/:)
    Dead link
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-07-01 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay guys, I am on T-Mobile and I've tried all the ipcc you guys posted and none of them worked for me. I had reset the network settings in order to MMS to work again.

My settings now to get MMS to work is the following:

Cellular Data APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMS APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

These are only the settings that will work for me in order to send/receive MMS. Cellular Data and MMS both have to have epc.tmobile.com in order for MMS to work. The problem now for me is the resolution of the MMS. Now is there another way to fix the resolution without messing with the settings? Or can someone make a ipcc with the following settings + the resolution fix for me?

I dont mind having to go and edit something, just need to know where and how would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc View Post
    Okay guys, I am on T-Mobile and I've tried all the ipcc you guys posted and none of them worked for me. I had reset the network settings in order to MMS to work again.

My settings now to get MMS to work is the following:

Cellular Data APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMS APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

These are only the settings that will work for me in order to send/receive MMS. Cellular Data and MMS both have to have epc.tmobile.com in order for MMS to work. The problem now for me is the resolution of the MMS. Now is there another way to fix the resolution without messing with the settings? Or can someone make a ipcc with the following settings + the resolution fix for me?

I dont mind having to go and edit something, just need to know where and how would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    fixed it. here you go. install with itunes after using winrar to un-rar the ipcc file
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemony Vengeance For This Useful Post:

lunasicc (2009-07-01)

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Yeah that def. could have been the issue.

Dead link

How to Send an MMS (Text Message Picture) WithYouriPhone

Thanks Lemony, I will give it a try. Should I reset Network settings before and/or after installing the ipcc?

EDIT: Thanks Lemony! That did the trick. I was able to send myself a MMS with perfect resolution! Again Thanks alot man!
    Last edited by lunasicc; 2009-07-01 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc View Post
    Thanks Lemony, I will give it a try. Should I reset Network settings before and/or after installing the ipcc?
    do it before just to be safe so you have a blank slate. if you do it after nothing will happen since the settings in the ipcc will become the default.

Oh, and don't forget to thank me by using the button below :-D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemony Vengeance For This Useful Post:

lunasicc (2009-07-01)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone figured out the problem about the battery drainage?
    Is it because of the MMS hack or something else?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't have any weird battery drainage issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Has anyone figured out the problem about the battery drainage?
    Is it because of the MMS hack or something else?
    I notice it too. Same problem.

I, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, can't find a decent internet2/wap ipcc file download. EVERY link gives me crap. Can someone send me a link of a WORKING internet2/wap ipcc file? PLEASE??? I'LL PAY!

I've read through TONS of threads and still can't get one to work or the 2 sifferent APN's to stick. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Last edited by unfaced; 2009-07-01 at 12:30 PM.
    The only thing that threatens my humanity... is, none other than, reality.

I had trouble with my battery before MMS was activated. And still do...
    Who the hell thanked me? And why?????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am having a problem in sending mms ( vodafone india ) from my iphone2G OS3.0 jailbroken via redsnow..it keeps giving error message saying unable to send...the settings on the iphone are as under..
    APN : portalnmms
    UserName :
    Password :
    MMSC : http://mms1.live.vodafone.in/mms
    MMS Proxy : 10.10.1.100:9401
    MMS Max Message Size : 307200

AT&T IPHONE PLAN QUESTION:

Ok. So check it out: I used this guide to set everything up -->http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4638101-post625.html
    Everything works like it should except I get hung up @ 90%... So now I am in the process of doing the SIM card swap here --->http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/56587...-0-iphone.html (will tell you if it works)
    I also looked into this walk through --->Alright Folks, New MMS Hack! - Aaron Krill (it seems to be the most permanent)Now, my problem with the last walk through is I get to the part where I change my default phone to a Sony Ericson 300i and try to change my data plan. The only option I get with the 300i is to ADD a MESSAGE plan. The walkthrough says that I should never ADD an iPhone texting plan again... this implies that I need to remove my iPhone text plan... This cannot be done because it is coupled with my iPhone DATA plan. I would change my data plan too but there is no DATA plan option for my 300i. Is anyone else having this problem or do i need to use another phone?

thanx

tim

Quote Originally Posted by man2rhyme View Post
    i am having a problem in sending mms ( vodafone india ) from my iphone2G OS3.0 jailbroken via redsnow..it keeps giving error message saying unable to send...the settings on the iphone are as under..
    APN : portalnmms
    UserName :
    Password :
    MMSC : http://mms1.live.vodafone.in/mms
    MMS Proxy : 10.10.1.100:9401
    MMS Max Message Size : 307200
    hey dude,, me too on vodafone india... it is working for me,, check wid the customer care if mms is activated on ur sim.. put a foward slash in front of mms > http://mms1.live.vodafone.in/mms/... works for me
    Last edited by nikcool123; 2009-07-01 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielNTX View Post
    I don't have any weird battery drainage issue.
    Did you restore your phone from a backup at all? I've seen that cause issues.

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast