Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    He meant "Restore" not update.. everything else there is solid on both of our how to's.
    "She" meant restore.... "she".... but I still meant "Update"

Quote Originally Posted by smassie View Post
    @ Ragin:

I'm not trying to be dense, but when I unzip this file, it gives me the .ipcc file..... what is the payload folder and how do I get to it from the .ipcc????
    Ummm, are you on Windows? When I double click the file on my iMac it just unzips to the Payload folder. Maybe try updating with that ipcc file, then? Hey, as long as it works....

EDIT: If that doesn't work then PM me your email address and I'll see if I can email the Payload folder to you? Just so you know though, I'll be leaving for work in about 1.5hrs and I won't be back until around 8am.
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-07-01 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    Ummm, are you on Windows? When I double click the file on my iMac it just unzips to the Payload folder. Maybe try updating with that ipcc file, then? Hey, as long as it works....
    Yeah, I'm on a PC but when I update with the .ipcc after only unzipping, none of my settings are changed except the UA Prof is filled in. Was I wrong assuming that this was set my APN, MMSC and MMS Proxy to something different?

I downloaded the i2 zip file.....

****T-MOBILE SPECIFIC***

so for all of us on t-mobile, where are we with the resolution thing, i know that many of us have gotten mms to work now, but can i get a concise answer about the resolution of incoming mms? a simple yes or no would do. and if yes a small tutorial would be great. Thanks.

I'm on t-mobile and the resolution has been fixed. After getting the program to work I just installed the ipcc file thru iTunes after taking a few extra steps to re-make it correctly. I'm on Mac btw
    Last edited by DrzPlaya1121; 2009-07-01 at 01:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smassie View Post
    Yeah, I'm on a PC but when I update with the .ipcc after only unzipping, none of my settings are changed except the UA Prof is filled in. Was I wrong assuming that this was set my APN, MMSC and MMS Proxy to something different?

I downloaded the i2 zip file.....

I don't really know what to say since I'm on a Mac. But all of your essential settings should have been filled in for your automatically, except username and password.) I attached my zip file that worked for me (after unzipping to Payload and compressing). Hope this works for you?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-07-01 at 01:12 AM.

I'm on T-Mobile Germany and i got MMS working really easy using iPhone 2G with plan Complete M ( 1st Generation).
    The only thing i had to do is installing via Cyndia App ActivateMMS2G
    Afterwards i could send MMS ,recieving i will you update later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ModJoe View Post
    I'm on T-Mobile Germany and i got MMS working really easy using iPhone 2G with plan Complete M ( 1st Generation).
    The only thing i had to do is installing via Cyndia App ActivateMMS2G
    Afterwards i could send MMS ,recieving i will you update later.
    Right! Thanks for mentioning that. I'll add that to the walkthrough I already have up. :-)

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tekwiz For This Useful Post:

DayumQuitPlayin (2009-07-01), geo411m (2009-07-01), jlatnyc (2009-07-03), leijae (2009-07-01), mrjoey35 (2009-07-01), RaginAsian55 (2009-07-01)

Thanks

A big thanks to you TekWiz for fishing through and compiling a comprehensive collective of all fixes and guides for enabling MMS on the 2g iphone! Wowzers!!

My question was kind of passed over..

ok, here's something interesting... since I changed both APNs to epc.tmobile.com the picture has been hit and miss... for example, I send a message and although it shows on my phone that the send didn't proceed (a red exclamation) the picture did indeed get sent.

I decided that I would do the picture quality IPCC (the one with epc as data and wap.voicestream.com as MMS) and it's still happening. how do I clear out that IPCC I added so I can clear everything out and start fresh?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Vengeance View Post

ok, here's something interesting... since I changed both APNs to epc.tmobile.com the picture has been hit and miss... for example, I send a message and although it shows on my phone that the send didn't proceed (a red exclamation) the picture did indeed get sent.

I decided that I would do the picture quality IPCC (the one with epc as data and wap.voicestream.com as MMS) and it's still happening. how do I clear out that IPCC I added so I can clear everything out and start fresh?
    while i dont have an answer for you i got the same error on att w/ my imei changed.....it only happened sparringly but what fixed it was changing my mms settings.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Thanks

I think you'd have to find a stock ipcc. Or you could just manually delete everything. With the resolution ipcc if you click "reset settings" it will just reset it to what was automated in the fixed ipcc.

that's what I thought would end up happening. I'm doing a full restore back to vanilla 3.0 and starting from scratch.

Thanks

that's what I thought would end up happening. I'm doing a full restore back to vanilla 3.0 and starting from scratch.
    WOAH! I don't think you need to do a full restore. I would just search around for someone who has a stock ipcc or even check stock file threads. I'm also sure there's a way to work backwards in SSH.

i have a backup I can restore to.. plus all my contacts and such are saved to an exchange server so it's not a big deal to me. I can install my apps later. Plus I have a backup I can restore to so really this is just to pull the stock carrier.plist file.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemony Vengeance For This Useful Post:

lunasicc (2009-07-01)

ok i called ATT and asked them to provision my account for MMS............. and the guy i spoke with put me on hold and did "research" and came back to tell me that there is an announcement stating to not enable MMS on iPhone plans under any circumstance. he said he didnt know what that was about (sure...) but that he couldnt do it for me.... rats!

so i guess thats it for me, at least i know my settings were OK and it was just ATT that was the problem. im fine i guess ill wait till they turn it all on then figure the rest out on my iphone.

restoring my iPhone now, starting over, i had been messing around with it a lot lately :/

thanks for the support though guys!

Warning: Don't try to send Contact info! I sent one to myself and I got 100 or so text messages of random characters. Haven't tried a Maps location. Don't think I want to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all ports via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles
    THIS WORKED FOR ME! I have a 2G iPhone restored to OS 3.0

well guys, this thread was an awesome success. we set out to enable MMS on our 2g iPhones using the native Messages app.

9 days later, we (the iPhone community) has successfully enabled MMS on 2g iPhones. FREAKIN AWESOME!

big thanks to genusian, who was the first one to get it to work, and packaged it up and released it on Cydia FREE for ALL.

big thanks to everyone who participated in this thread and helped out, answered questions and posted tutorials.

NEXT UP:
    Enable video editing in Photo.app so we can:
    -edit video (duh)
    -save video in the Photo app, whether received from MMS or made with cycorder or iphone video recorder
    -and still be able to take stills with Camera.app

[NEED] AT&T HELP

Okay, so like before.

I have followed

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4638101-post625.html

until the PAYG part (since i don't have p-p-g). I have the same problem as before, not getting past 95%

I have a regular phone (not iphone or blackberry) internet plan, with unlimited family sms\mms\etc.

I restored my phone to jailbroken 3.0 (CLEAN, nothing but cydia and icy), followed those steps in the link i posted, but i still get to 95% and it fails. What do I do to get it to work? I can't really call AT&T because we have a nice discounted plan that could be disrupted if we talk to someone from AT&T.

(If it will help make my case work) what was that thing about registering for medianet or something? can someone link me to that, i'll try and register on a normal phone then put it in my iphone?

thanks guys and girls.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast