Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

ive attempted every walk through on here for ATT and i still havnt gotten it to work

can anyone confirm that they are on a legit ATT contracted iPhone plan, WITH visual voicemail, and if it works for them, would they please take a screenshot of their online account and post it? im wondering if MEdiaNet is not the MMS type of deal that i have to have enabled... or if it needs to be a different MMS plan/thing that needs to be enabled.

thanks a bunch.

Not sure who figure out this resolution issue, but thank you all involved. Screw Swirly! You all are amazing! Can always find answers here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMBiEXxX View Post
    Not sure who figure out this resolution issue, but thank you all involved. Screw Swirly! You all are amazing! Can always find answers here.
    "IronicIrony" http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4653041-post47.html

@poprocks: The first link works for me, but it's not important anyway. It just tells you how to update the carrier file, which is contained in the second link (and my manual instructions). Search for this on Google, it's the first link:

"how to activate tethering on any iphone without jailbreaking"

A screenshot of the features on my account is attached. You'll see i have the legit iPhone + 200 text, MMS pay-per-msg and it's working. Have you called ATT and asked them to enable MMS on your phone? Perhaps the carrier update was just a coincidence for me and it took 12 hours or something for the MMS change from ATT to take affect? If you go under Settings > General > About, do you have ATT 5.0 as your carrier (I do)? I haven't changed my IMEI or anything else. Also, try a hard reboot instead of just power on/off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -features.png  

Mines working through a different method but i want to do that .ipcc install method through itunes. I cant get itunes on my macbook pro to read the .ipcc file even after the steps in terminal. Can anyone else completely break it down for me? or help me out here..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    Mines working through a different method but i want to do that .ipcc install method through itunes. I cant get itunes on my macbook pro to read the .ipcc file even after the steps in terminal. Can anyone else completely break it down for me? or help me out here..
    Check post #811 on the previous page. It should be the first post. When I directly downloaded zip files and then just renamed it never worked!! Doing the unzip, compress, rename worked for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzle View Post
    We need a guide on how to downgrade form 3.0 to 1.1.4 so we can change imei numbers....

Whoever can do that will solve the mms problems people are having...only thing is, someone will have to try changing imei and see if push notification works with a diff imei assuming they have a non hacktivated phone.

Once that happens, we will all be happy, i mean we all have a old phone we dont use so just use that imei...and we are all set
    Ive been saying this since the beginning of the thread. The most important parts: changing your imei to a VALID cell phone capable of mms, and upgrading to 3.0 using an ispw that DOES NOT have the basehand upgrade in it.

If anyone wants mms working on their 2g iphone here is a diy: for ATT

ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY
    1) downgrade to 114 and change ur imei (via ZIPHONE)to a gophone or any other phone that is capable of mms (requires itunes 7.5)
    2) Upgrade to 3.0 via one of the custom firmwares here usint itunes 8(homeofmagic.blogspot.com)
    **These are already jailbroken and dont have basehand upgrades
    3) install cydia activatemms hack and reboot.
    4) check settings under settings/general/network/cellular network and make sure they are correct for att (mmsc.cingular.com/066.209.011.032 or settings here)
    5) call att to change imei to what you changed it to in step 1 and change data plan to mediamax bundle
    6) reboot and everything is all good.

I would prefer to keep it legit and keep mms but i dont feel like restoring atm. If i have a need to restore in the future i would def try the legit way to keep visual voicemail.
    Last edited by hondakorn; 2009-07-01 at 12:08 AM.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Don't know which ipcc you used but the one that uses internet2 is faster.
    I'd like to know his answer as well..

I presume that because I am subscribed to T-Zones $5.99 I cannot use Internet2.voicestream.com.

I, however, can use epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com

So I guess my question is can I use the Internet2 ipcc file on my iPhone and get faster connection?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    Ive been saying this since the beginning of the thread. The most important parts: changing your imei to a VALID cell phone capable of mms, and upgrading to 3.0 using an ispw that DOES NOT have the basehand upgrade in it.

If anyone wants mms working on their 2g iphone here is a diy:

1) downgrade to 114 and change ur imei (via ZIPHONE)to a gophone or any other phone that is capable of mms (requires itunes 7.5)
    2) Upgrade to 3.0 via one of the custom firmwares here usint itunes 8(homeofmagic.blogspot.com)
    4) check settings under settings/general/network/cellular network and make sure they are correct for att (mmsc.cingular.com/066.209.011.032 or settings here)
    5) call att to change imei to what you changed it to in step 1 and change data plan to mediamax bundle

I would prefer to keep it legit and keep mms but i dont feel like restoring atm. If i have a need to restore in the future i would def try the legit way to keep visual voicemail.
    Uhh... to specify this for ATT SERVICE ONLY. TO ADD MMS TO TMOBILE 2g IPHONE LOOK FOR WALKTHROUGHS POSTINGS NUMBER 811 AND 812 ON PAGE 55 OF THIS THREAD.
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-07-01 at 12:32 AM.

@hondakorn: There are several of us that have it working on 2G iPhones without changing our IMEI's, on both TMobile and ATT. Not sure why certain methods don't work reliably.

@ekidd: To replace the ipcc file on OSX, either disable the "open safe files after downloading" option under Preferences in Safari and then download the file, or download the ipcc file using FireFox. Then, with iTunes 8.2 closed, run this command from a terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Then load iTunes, connect your iPhone, and hit Option+Check For Update. A pop-up window will appear and you can then select the ipcc file.
    Last edited by jefe1; 2009-07-01 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post
    @hondakorn: There are several of us that have it working on 2G iPhones without changing our IMEI's, on both TMobile and ATT. Not sure why certain methods don't work reliably.
    I know that i was just responding to someone's request for a diy and proof it works. Im not trying to take away from the thread.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Quote Originally Posted by Gutman View Post
    I'd like to know his answer as well..

I presume that because I am subscribed to T-Zones $5.99 I cannot use Internet2.voicestream.com.

I, however, can use epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com

So I guess my question is can I use the Internet2 ipcc file on my iPhone and get faster connection?
    I used the internet2 one

Quote Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post
    @poprocks: The first link works for me, but it's not important anyway. It just tells you how to update the carrier file, which is contained in the second link (and my manual instructions). Search for this on Google, it's the first link:

"how to activate tethering on any iphone without jailbreaking"

A screenshot of the features on my account is attached. You'll see i have the legit iPhone + 200 text, MMS pay-per-msg and it's working. Have you called ATT and asked them to enable MMS on your phone? Perhaps the carrier update was just a coincidence for me and it took 12 hours or something for the MMS change from ATT to take affect? If you go under Settings > General > About, do you have ATT 5.0 as your carrier (I do)? I haven't changed my IMEI or anything else. Also, try a hard reboot instead of just power on/off.
    I remember someone else saying the tech at ATT said it could take up to 24hrs for MMS to enable..dunno if that's true tho

ok, here's something interesting... since I changed both APNs to epc.tmobile.com the picture has been hit and miss... for example, I send a message and although it shows on my phone that the send didn't proceed (a red exclamation) the picture did indeed get sent.

I decided that I would do the picture quality IPCC (the one with epc as data and wap.voicestream.com as MMS) and it's still happening. how do I clear out that IPCC I added so I can clear everything out and start fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    "IRONICIRONY" posted two downloads. One as the internet set to epc.tmobile.com and the other to internet2.voicestream.com. They BOTH have MMS set to wap.tmobile.com.

epc: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4653041-post47.html
    internet2: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4653041-post49.html

1) Download .zip file (do NOT change any extensions yet)
    2) UNZIP file to create PAYLOAD FOLDER
    3) COMPRESS Payload Folder to create another .zip file
    4) RENAME .zip to "TMobile_Res.ipcc" (as long as the extension is .ipcc you can name it whatever you want)
    5)*** CHECK FOR HIDDEN. ZIP EXTENSION. Be sure you changed the file into an .ipcc file
    6) Go to iTunes 8.2 and update with new ipcc file. Shift+Update(Windows) or Option/Alt+Update(Mac)
    7) REBOOT IMMEDIATELY
    8) Check settings>general>network>cellular Data network (You can reset settings if you had some old stuff in there that didn't clear out)
    Check Settings>messages>MMS> ON
    9) Send test message. Do test on EDGE. Voila!

I'm on TMobile using 2g iPhone with 3.0fw. And I'm happy. :-)

MMS works like a charm! I attest to it!!

Hmm... you specifically said on the phone "tzunl5.99" like a promotional code or something?

Also, your profile says your on 2.2.1 software but I thought MMS was ONLY available on 3.0? Are you extra clever or have you just not changed it?
    alt + update where ???? i can see alt but update ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    I used the internet2 one
    Are you subscribed to TZones? Or the higher package?

I'm wondering if I should try the Internet2 for faster speeds with TZones

Quote Originally Posted by Gutman View Post
    Are you subscribed to TZones? Or the higher package?

I'm wondering if I should try the Internet2 for faster speeds with TZones
    Ya I have a higher package not Tzones

Quote Originally Posted by dizzytdh View Post
    Make sure your phone is connected the hold down alt and CLICK update. iTunes will then let you browse for the file on your computer

He meant "Restore" not update.. everything else there is solid on both of our how to's.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post

If anyone wants mms working on their 2g iphone here is a diy: for ATT

ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY ATT ONLY

Oh, haha, thanks for adding the disclaimer reel. it just seems a lot of people are getting confused on ATT and Tmobile stuff.

Actually, Phreak, I did mean "update." It's the button above "Restore." It may say "Check for update." If you're on a Mac, hold down the Option key and click "Check for update" in Itunes and you can choose the ipcc file. On a Mac, the option key and alt key are the same fuction. I don't know if "restore" will do the same thing or if it will delete some (if not all) data off your phone. So I would stick with Update....
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-07-01 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@ Ragin:

2) UNZIP file to create PAYLOAD FOLDER
    I'm not trying to be dense, but when I unzip this file, it gives me the .ipcc file..... what is the payload folder and how do I get to it from the .ipcc????

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast