Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post
    This applies to ATT customers with legit iPhone plans...I have a 2G, no IMEI hack, just jailbroken, not unlocked, standard iPhone + 200 text plan.

Got a little further with this. I just followed these steps over at CNET to try and enable tethering and after the reboot, all of the MMS messages I tried to send last night and today showed up on my phone:

How to activate tethering on any iPhone without jailbreaking | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

I used that carrier settings file referenced in that article:

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/iphonetetheringfile.dmg

I am now able to send and receive MMS messages. For reference, I used leijae's walkthrough, called ATT and asked them to enable MMS on my plan, and then updated the ipcc using from above. Can someone who has a regular iphone plan but hasn't talked to a rep to enable MMS yet find out if this works without contacting ATT?
    Curious as to whether you get the option to tether on your 2g using that info above?

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    5.99 with Tzones i call all the time no issues, they cant force you to do anything, They can suggest it
    Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. You're a lucky bastard still rocking the $5.99 plan. :-) I only got my iphone a month ago and that plan has long been expired...

GUYS! THE RESOLUTION ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED!!!

Download the custom ipcc file for tmobile in this thread: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4653121

ALL THANKS TO IRONICIRONY FTW! He figured out that it wasn't just the UA Profile but also the UA String that needed to be fixed. IT NOW WORKS PERFECTLY! Just tested and it works great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasco9 View Post
    For all Orange UK users use this method. I looked around for a while and this did the trick. The data you need to input in help.BenM.at is

APN - orangemms
    username - Orange
    Password - Multimedia

Enter this in both sets of fields. Follow the instructions in the quote above and it will work if you are on Orange UK. My MMS is working and i just went back into cellular data network tab afterwards and changed the orangemms to orangeinternet for the cellular data only then came out and now my mobile internet works as well.

Great post and finally solved my problem. Thanks
    Glad to hear I helped someone out. Hopefully the hack will be updated soon to allow editing of all settings in Cellular Data.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. You're a lucky bastard still rocking the $5.99 plan. :-) I only got my iphone a month ago and that plan has long been expired...
    i just got them to add the tzones on my brothers account, i just called and said i need you to add tzunl599 to this account, she was like ok done, end of call

Thanks

i just got them to add the tzones on my brothers account, i just called and said i need you to add tzunl599 to this account, she was like ok done, end of call
    Really? how recently was this? I have a friend who works at tmobile and he said it's no longer a service you can subscribe to. The people who are on it already have it but otherwise they aren't doing any new data plans at that rate.

P.S. FOR EVERYONE HERE LOOKING TO FIX RESOLUTION "IRONICIRONY" HAS POSTED FIXED BUNDLES FOR TMOBILE

epc/wap: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4652801-post47.html
    internet2/wap: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4646031-post724.html

Thanks

just got done testing that out too, Works awesome!!!!

About a month ago when he got his iphone i had them add it, no problem, just depends who ya get

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    GUYS! THE RESOLUTION ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED!!!

Download the custom ipcc file for tmobile in this thread: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4653121

ALL THANKS TO IRONICIRONY FTW! He figured out that it wasn't just the UA Profile but also the UA String that needed to be fixed. IT NOW WORKS PERFECTLY! Just tested and it works great!!
    Is there anyway we could get a walkthrough of what you did for us that are at work and dont have time to sift through all 6,000 threads trying to figure out how to update ipcc files. BIG thanks if you can I know it help a lot of people

This applies to ATT customers with legit iPhone plans...I have a 2G, no IMEI hack, just jailbroken, not unlocked, standard iPhone + 200 text plan.

Got a little further with this. I just followed these steps over at CNET to try and enable tethering and after the reboot, all of the MMS messages I tried to send last night and today showed up on my phone:

How to activate tethering on any iPhone without jailbreaking | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

I am now able to send and receive MMS messages. For reference, I used leijae's walkthrough, called ATT and asked them to enable MMS on my plan, and then updated the ipcc using from above. Can someone who has a regular iphone plan but hasn't talked to a rep to enable MMS yet find out if this works without contacting ATT?
    I know you provided links but could you give us a walkthrough on what you did. Also provide the settings you input under network.

thanx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    Is there anyway we could get a walkthrough of what you did for us that are at work and dont have time to sift through all 6,000 threads trying to figure out how to update ipcc files. BIG thanks if you can I know it help a lot of people

"IRONICIRONY" posted two downloads. One as the internet set to epc.tmobile.com and the other to internet2.voicestream.com. They BOTH have MMS set to wap.tmobile.com.

TMOBILE ONLY!! TMOBILE ONLY!! TMOBILE ONLY!!
    epc: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4653041-post47.html
    internet2: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4653041-post49.html
    **Edit** If you use wap for both then you can download either bundle and manually change it after installation and reboot.

1) Download .zip file (do NOT change any extensions yet)
    2) UNZIP file to create PAYLOAD FOLDER
    3) COMPRESS Payload Folder to create another .zip file
    4) RENAME .zip to "TMobile_Res.ipcc" (as long as the extension is .ipcc you can name it whatever you want)
    5)*** CHECK FOR HIDDEN. ZIP EXTENSION. Be sure you changed the file into an .ipcc file
    6) Go to iTunes 8.2 and update with new ipcc file. Shift+Update(Windows) or Option/Alt+Update(Mac)
    7) REBOOT IMMEDIATELY
    8) Check settings>general>network>cellular Data network (You can reset settings if you had some old stuff in there that didn't clear out)
    Check Settings>messages>MMS> ON
    9) Send test message. Do test on EDGE. Voila!

I'm on TMobile using 2g iPhone with 3.0fw. And I'm happy. :-)

EDIT: You MUST download activatemms2g through cydia for the camera icon to appear in messages and to allow the overall function of MMS.
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-07-01 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RaginAsian55 For This Useful Post:

DayumQuitPlayin (2009-07-01), mrjoey35 (2009-06-30), oh!scars (2009-07-01), phreakwenci (2009-06-30), rjblayz (2009-07-02), s_toenails (2009-06-30), tmac92 (2009-08-01)

To get perfect pics on tmobile here's a rundown.

Download either of these ipcc.zip files(the first one is for epc.tmo the 2nd is internet2.voicestream :

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...aking.ipcc.zip

2. if you haven't already configured itunes 8.2 to install ipcc's thru holding the shift then restore button than you need to do that first, here's how: (from Random Critics website)
    Apple have disabled the capability of updating the Carrier files (via IPCC) fiels in itunes 8.2 but If you want to update your carrier files with the latest itunes 8.2 you can do it this way.
    On Windows it may rename the file to .zip to just rename it back to .ipcc

Make sure itunes is not running

Mac – open a terminal and type in..
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Windows – open up a command shell and type in: (command prompt)(open Run and then type in cmd)

then word for word type in this

“%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

PS- your iTunes might be in ProgramFiles(x86) on some vista devices so type that in instead.
    This should now allow you to update your iPhones IPCC file in itunes 8.2 via Shift-Update (Windows) or Command-Update (Macintosh) in itunes. Choose the IPCC File and install

A reboot (Hold Down Power and Bottom Button) will be needed after an install.

After you have done this hold either shift then click on restore (in windows) or option/alt and click restore (on mac) then browse to the folder where you unzipped the ipcc.zip file (remember to unzip it first, or else iTunes won't recognize it!!) and then click on OK, itunes will install the new carrier bundle. once done reboot your phone (DON"T JUST TURN IT OFF THEN ON AGAIN)

That's it!

RaginAsian, seems like we're both on top of this one! LOL
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-06-30 at 10:18 PM.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

DayumQuitPlayin (2009-07-01), gonano (2009-07-01), mrjoey35 (2009-06-30), oh!scars (2009-07-01), oneblessedguy (2009-07-02), Pinhed (2009-07-10), s_toenails (2009-06-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post

MMS works like a charm! I attest to it!!

Hmm... you specifically said on the phone "tzunl5.99" like a promotional code or something?

Also, your profile says your on 2.2.1 software but I thought MMS was ONLY available on 3.0? Are you extra clever or have you just not changed it?

No im on 3.0 just havent updated my profile..... oops Yeah the TZUNL599 is a code the just enter to get tzones service, No hassle they dont have to look it up or anything 90% of the time ive had them add it they do i think of done it on a dozen phones

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pcpro745 For This Useful Post:

RaginAsian55 (2009-06-30)

Thanks

No im on 3.0 just havent updated my profile..... oops Yeah the TZUNL599 is a code the just enter to get tzones service, No hassle they dont have to look it up or anything 90% of the time ive had them add it they do i think of done it on a dozen phones
    Awesome. I think I have a new weekend project!! Man and I thought $9.99 for iphone services were a steal...

Hahaha, you and me PhreakWenci. I actually just changed my username on here so I want to build my posts back up. I had like 40 or something before. And I forget what I need 30 posts for... but there's something I can't do unless I have at lesat 30 posts and I hate being limited...
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-06-30 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@klouud: The exact steps I followed in order were:

1. Perform everything in leijae's walk-through:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...ml#post4638101

2. Added http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf to MMS UA Prof URL setting in Settings>Network>Cell Data.
    3. Call ATT and asked them to enable MMS pay-per-msg on my plan
    4. Change the carrier settings using iTunes 8.2 and this file:

a. To change the carrier settings file, close iTunes, run this command from a command prompt:

b.Then load iTunes, and holt the Option key while hitting Check for Update. You can then select the ipcc file from disk image you downloaded.

5. Reboot phone.

I suspect that you can simply use the carrier settings file from the link in step 4 above in leijae's walk-through. I do not know if step 3 is needed or not, because I had already asked ATT to enable MMS messaging before I switched out the carrier settings (and MMS was not working for me before). I used help.benm.at to create the profile per leijae's walk-through and the resulting network settings are:

Cell Data
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>

VVM

MMS
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Max Message Size: <blank>
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

@tekwiz: No, it's not enabled, but I did select it when I created a profile from help.benm.at. I'm following this thread as there's a bit of progress on it:

iPhone 2G tethering with 3.0 - any news? - Page 7 - Hackint0sh

Remember to thank ironicirony, raginasian and myself if we've helped you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    To get perfect pics on tmobile here's a rundown.

Download either of these ipcc.zip files(the first one is for epc.tmo the 2nd is internet2.voicestream :

2. if you haven't already configured itunes 8.2 to install ipcc's thru holding the shift then restore button than you need to do that first, here's how: (from Random Critics website)
    Apple have disabled the capability of updating the Carrier files (via IPCC) fiels in itunes 8.2 but If you want to update your carrier files with the latest itunes 8.2 you can do it this way.
    On Windows it may rename the file to .zip to just rename it back to .ipcc

Make sure itunes is not running

Mac – open a terminal and type in..

Windows – open up a command shell and type in: (command prompt)(open Run and then type in cmd)

then word for word type in this

“%ProgramFiles%iTunesiTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

PS- your iTunes might be in ProgramFiles(x86) on some vista devices so type that in instead.
    This should now allow you to update your iPhones IPCC file in itunes 8.2 via Shift-Update (Windows) or Command-Update (Macintosh) in itunes. Choose the IPCC File and install

A reboot (Hold Down Power and Bottom Button) will be needed after an install.

After you have done this hold either shift then click on restore (in windows) or option/alt and click restore (on mac) then browse to the folder where you unzipped the ipcc.zip file (remember to unzip it first, or else iTunes won't recognize it!!) and then click on OK, itunes will install the new carrier bundle. once done reboot your phone (DON"T JUST TURN IT OFF THEN ON AGAIN)

That's it!

RaginAsian, seems like we're both on top of this one! LOL
    The files dont download as .zip they download as ipcc is this ok?

EDIT: Wait im lying to you sorry. trying now

EDIT 2:***CONFIRMED WORKING!!!***

Everything couldnt have gone smoother. Carrier settings were changed, sent myself a pic and BAM perfect quality! Thank you to everyone who posted a walkthrough here, like I said this couldnt have gone smoother or been more easy. Once again BIG HUGE GINORMOUS thanks to everyone

EDIT 3: ONE MORE THING my edge is somehow blazing fast now! This is perfect!
    Last edited by mrjoey35; 2009-06-30 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    The files dont download as .zip they download as ipcc is this ok?

EDIT: Wait im lying to you sorry. trying now

EDIT 2:***CONFIRMED WORKING!!!***

Everything couldnt have gone smoother. Carrier settings were changed, sent myself a pic and BAM perfect quality! Thank you to everyone who posted a walkthrough here, like I said this couldnt have gone smoother or been more easy. Once again BIG HUGE GINORMOUS thanks to everyone

EDIT 3: ONE MORE THING my edge is somehow blazing fast now! This is perfect!
    Don't know which ipcc you used but the one that uses internet2 is faster.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    We need a guide on how to downgrade form 3.0 to 1.1.4 so we can change imei numbers....

Whoever can do that will solve the mms problems people are having...only thing is, someone will have to try changing imei and see if push notification works with a diff imei assuming they have a non hacktivated phone.

Once that happens, we will all be happy, i mean we all have a old phone we dont use so just use that imei...and we are all set

hey the first link is broken

also can you take a screen shot of your online account to show what exactly it says next to your plan? does it say Internet/MediaNet or something else? as mine has the medianet next to it.

and where is this ATT Blue thread with instructions? can you post the link or point me to which page has it?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so im thinking combine a guide from 3,0 to 2,2 then from 2.2 to 2.0 if there is a guide like that...then from 2.0 u can downgrade to 1.1.4..the guide should have links to everything we need i.e previous ver of itunes...and pictures as evidence that its working

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast