Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

his steps work. just got mines to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@mandizzle: Dimit and Jimmay are on contract and they got it working just try the tutorial. and if you talk to AT&T they'll enable it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    actually an error isnt showing up like it usually did but it still hangs at 95% and it doesnt give up sending like it did after 40 seconds...

i found your tutorial helpful, i guess its all on att....because i put my sisters moto sim card in my iphone and it didnt send, then i put it back in her moto and i couldnt send mms on there....i called att and they said mms is blocked on her phone because the system thinks its an iphone...

becides that...what to i say to a rep to get mms on my iphone?
    Last edited by Mandizzle; 2009-06-30 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

call at&t after 8 they'll help you. they want you're business. i'm going to bed

Green Apple
    Thanks
    wait nvm i still get an error...just not as soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

So if you're with AT&T and followed the steps and gotten it to work, your picture quality is good?

I'm with T-Mobile USA and my picture quality sucks.
    Anyone figured out a fix for this?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    allright, thanks leijae im gonna try

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    his steps work. just got mines to work.
    how did you doit? ur on a contract...what did u do to enable it?
    Last edited by Mandizzle; 2009-06-30 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks StellaCaelum5, I did what you did and it worked for me too. But what the heck, now when I try to use edge it says it says I need a webConnect data plan even though I've been using the internet2 APN successfully before.

Edit: MMS is still working. I was thinking about canceling my data plan anyway. >_>
    Last edited by Aschi; 2009-06-30 at 12:11 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aschi View Post
    Thanks StellaCaelum5, I did what you did and it worked for me too. But what the heck, now when I try to use edge it says it says I need a webConnect data plan even though I've been using the internet2 APN successfully before.
    Did you use the proper package uploaded by Grant? He had two: one with an epc data and the one that I requested have internet2 on it. Double check on your settings. ?? Otherwise I'm not really sure what the problem would be. Everything's FINALLY working for me now, in unison. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    Did you use the proper package uploaded by Grant? He had two: one with an epc data and the one that I requested have internet2 on it. Double check on your settings. ?? Otherwise I'm not really sure what the problem would be. Everything's FINALLY working for me now, in unison. :-)
    Congrats! I got the internet2 one. Would it matter what kind of data plan I have? I have the $9.99 100MB plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Congrats! I got the internet2 one. Would it matter what kind of data plan I have? I have the $9.99 100MB plan.
    Thanks! I used internet2 before as well (hence I NEEDED the bundle for my MMS and EDGE to work simultaneously). I have the same plan as you. I'm registered under the Tmobile Shadow unlimited web plan though- but they should still be the same.

Try updating and then doing an immediate restart? I wasn't doing an immediate restart in the beginning and it was mugging things up...

Sorry I'm not much help. I only know what's worked for me and not much beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    Thanks! I used internet2 before as well (hence I NEEDED the bundle for my MMS and EDGE to work simultaneously). I have the same plan as you. I'm registered under the Tmobile Shadow unlimited web plan though- but they should still be the same.

Try updating and then doing an immediate restart? I wasn't doing an immediate restart in the beginning and it was mugging things up...

Sorry I'm not much help. I only know what's worked for me and not much beyond that.
    I do appreciate the help. I did a reset, updated again, and restarted immediately with no change. Attached is the webpage that comes up. I looked it up and webConnect is a $60/mo plan to use data on your laptop, etc. DX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

I do appreciate the help. I did a reset, updated again, and restarted immediately with no change. Attached is the webpage that comes up. I looked it up and webConnect is a $60/mo plan to use data on your laptop, etc. DX
    That's weird. It sounds like you might have a tethering function that's trying to connect? You may need to call Tmob and make sure your $9.99 plan is working. Or if you have an online profile set up you can check it there.

Thanks

Default ONLY Consistent way to get mms working on ATT
    If anyone wants mms working on their 2g iphone here is a diy:

1) downgrade to 114 and change ur imei (via ZIPHONE)to a gophone or any other phone that is capable of mms (requires itunes 7.5)
    2) Upgrade to 3.0 via one of the custom firmwares here(homeofmagic.blogspot.com)
    **These are already jailbroken and dont have basehand upgrades
    3) install cydia activatemms hack and reboot.
    4) check settings under settings/general/network/cellular network and make sure they are correct for att
    5) call att to change imei to what you changed it to in step 10 and change data plan to mediamax bundle
    6) reboot and everything is all good.

****if you dont want to change your imei then it NOT going to work consistently.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

@leijae: i am on contract, i DONT have pay as you go. i have the same iphone plan i signed up with when i got the iphone 2yrs ago, iphone unlimited data and 200 text. the ATT guy added medianet yesterday which seems to be the/a MMS feature...

everyone here Im reading that gets it to work, is from what i understand, are on different plans (not the original iphone plan) some other data and messaging plan, correct?

i dont want to do that because i like having my visual voicemail... AND my friend got his to work still on an iphone plan (something was just added)

unless its a HW issue between the 2G and the 3G than all i have to do is get ATT to add the correct MMS thing to my plan.... anybody know what that is??

Thanks

i would prefer not to change my imei bc i do fancy visual voicemail.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Default 4g ist gen on tmobile /tzones in brooklyn ny WORKS
    hey guys

thanks for your help. I had no cell data option in my network screen and i was getting itunes errors when i tried to install the ipcc.

someone suggested unzipping the TMobile_US.ipcc.zip then rezipping the 'payload' folder and renaming it TMobile_US.ipcc with no hidden zip. for some reason that worked! I'm on 10.5.7 and using firefox 3.011

I did it twice because I was shocked there was no error. and then rebooted and my cell data option was all there and holding the right info.

sent two messages, but havent got any replies yet. its early for my friends..

did send one to myself, and it came though, but picture quality is crap. as expected. now how do we fix that....

@poprocks: I'm in the exact same situation.

I called ATT last night about 11pm (ET) and asked them to turn on MMS and they gave me the "you have an iPhone" song and dance. I told them I was a dev and I was testing a new application and she said she turned it on, and sent me a test MMS successfully, but I still haven't gotten it. I also tried moving my SIM to my wife's razor but I couldn't send from that phone either. I'm thinking I might have to try the IMEI hack ... but that is an awful lot of work.

I am on o2 in the UK on the APN payandgo.o2.co.uk.

When i first enabled this on sunday it worked fine. Since then O2 have turned off the mms settings on my SIM.

Ive asked them to turn it back on but they are not.

Is there file to alter that changes there data from 2g to 3g ??

They must access some file on my phone because when I request MMS to be activated via a text message they say it can't due to my phone being a 2g iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by theINSKIP View Post
    I am on o2 in the UK on the APN payandgo.o2.co.uk.

When i first enabled this on sunday it worked fine. Since then O2 have turned off the mms settings on my SIM.

Ive asked them to turn it back on but they are not.

Is there file to alter that changes there data from 2g to 3g ??

They must access some file on my phone because when I request MMS to be activated via a text message they say it can't due to my phone being a 2g iPhone.
    Did you tell them you have it enabled on a 2g? Did they even try...tell them to try at least...

Side Note...new version of iBlacklist in Cydia today..hopefully this fixes it and doesn't interfere...trying it now.

Update, iblacklist is now under an icon called views (sounds like the 3.0 bug where icons/apps get messed up...a program I don't even have installed...it's still not working..I will uninstall entire package, reboot and resinstall and post here.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-30 at 04:18 PM.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast