Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687 View Post
    Hmmm... After you update the .ipcc on your phone do you reboot (power+home)? If your MMS toggle is disappearing something strange must be happening because i can do whatever i want to my apn settings and can't get rid of the mms toggle. Did you apply the MMS patch via SSH or the cydia package? I did a clean restore (2g, unlocked on T-Mobile FW 3.0), installed SSH, made the changes needed for the patch, left my apn settings blank, uploaded my custom .ipcc via iTunes and was good to go. when you upload the .ipcc and reboot, all your APN settings should be there, so you shouldn't have to enter anything.

1) The reboot fixed my missing MMS toggle. It was really weird. I used the cydia "activatemms2g" package.

2) I used your first patch and my MMS is still only working when my data and MMS are both wap...

3) I tried your second patch (the one I requested from you) and iTunes gives me an error

I wish I could see some light at the end of this tunnel...

Here is the string that you need just copy and paste it

"CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Just change the C to an E, but I believe you need to be in the E drive first, just type E: that will get you in the E drive, than just copy and paste with the C changed to an E.
    Last edited by Dimit; 2009-06-30 at 10:32 AM.

no luck with opening a command prompt and pasting it. i also tried it on my vista machine. no luck.

out of curiosity, is it because i'm on ATT contract?

in this video, at the bottom of his more info it says ATT does not support MMS yet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3UFtmJuVY]YouTube - Enable MMS on iPhone 2G (1st Gen) - Picture Messengering on iPhone 2G [Plus Important install info][/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    1) The reboot fixed my missing MMS toggle. It was really weird. I used the cydia "activatemms2g" package.

2) I used your first patch and my MMS is still only working when my data and MMS are both wap...

3) I tried your second patch (the one I requested from you) and iTunes gives me an error

I wish I could see some light at the end of this tunnel...
    Okay did you patch iTunes to be able to update .ipcc files on the iphone? If not, close itunes, go to the terminal app, type this in exactly as it appears: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

hit enter, close terminal, open itunes, option+update and choose the file.

ALSO: when you download my link to the .ipcc, make sure it has the right extension. in finder it can say .ipcc but may be hiding the .zip extension. right click on the file, choose get info, if name and extension has a .zip at the end, remove it, and for default application choose other. it should then ask if you want to keep the .zip extension or change it to .ipcc, choose .ipcc. it will then be ready to use.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to grantmaier687 For This Useful Post:

StellaCaelum5 (2009-06-30)

Give me a screen shot of what your command prompt window looks like.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimit For This Useful Post:

jimmay (2009-06-30)

don't know what i did differently but i just installed the ATT ipcc.

will report back later.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks @GrantM @Dimit

I'm trying to follow this guide but it's not working.
    Random Critic How To Upgrade ipcc to IPhone

This is so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Thanks @GrantM @Dimit

I'm trying to follow this guide but it's not working.
    Random Critic How To Upgrade ipcc to IPhone

This is so frustrating.
    Just copy my post about 4 back and paste it into comand promt. The % signs are wrong.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay did you patch iTunes to be able to update .ipcc files on the iphone? If not, close itunes, go to the terminal app, type this in exactly as it appears: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

hit enter, close terminal, open itunes, option+update and choose the file.

ALSO: when you download my link to the .ipcc, make sure it has the right extension. in finder it can say .ipcc but may be hiding the .zip extension. right click on the file, choose get info, if name and extension has a .zip at the end, remove it, and for default application choose other. it should then ask if you want to keep the .zip extension or change it to .ipcc, choose .ipcc. it will then be ready to use.
    I've patched iTunes and made sure the file doesn't have a hidden .zip extension. What actually worked was to unzip your file, compress the "Payload" folder and then rename THAT zip file as "TMobile_US.ipcc" (no hidden .zip extension).

NOW IT'S ALL WORKING!! MMS AND INTERNET!! THanks so much! This has really been a lot of work for something that I don't even use that often. Haha. I guess I'm just a super geek. I work so hard to put it on because it CAN be done, not necessarily because I need it.

The ONLY DOWNSIDE is that I used to have a "glowing TMobile logo" theme (so it was pink/white, looked nice with my round color signal bars) but now it's just the regular logo whether I have the special logo enabled or "unabled" through winterboard. It's a small price to pay but I thought I'd note it in case anyone else had an issue.

P.S. Does this MMS allow video messaging or pictures only? When I send messages it takes me to my photo roll. I, obviously, use cycorder to take videos

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    in this video, at the bottom of his more info it says ATT does not support MMS yet.
    i'm gonna call b.s. on AT&T they sent me this to my phone while i was talking to them around 7pm. you can see it took a while. after looking at it closer though the time stamp is wrong. the PM should be AM. odd.

You can receive videos but not send videos.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimit For This Useful Post:

StellaCaelum5 (2009-06-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimit View Post
    Just copy my post about 4 back and paste it into comand promt. The % signs are wrong.
    I've tried that, this is what I'm getting:

The system cannot find the patch specified.

I should have gotten a Mac
    Last edited by DayumQuitPlayin; 2009-06-30 at 10:49 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimit View Post
    You can receive videos but not send videos.
    Is the video resolution as crappy as the MMS resolution? Does it play through the regular player? I know the way it was done before was that you received a text message saying you had a video waiting for you on the internet and you'd have to go onto the internet and login to some website and type in the code you got in your sms.

Okay so your browser is only letting you open the file. You'll need to save the file to your computer first, then unzip it (winzip? not sure if windows can unzip on it's own yet) so that you have the decompressed version of the .ipcc file.
    GRANT: I only quoted your post so you'd receive this post in your email messages. I saw you added your ipcc file to the downloads list. Thanks a million! I would also recommend uploading the internet2 file since I think that will be the more valuable one. It seems like a lot of people are locked to the internet2 APN for the data network... not sure why.
    Last edited by StellaCaelum5; 2009-06-30 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've patched iTunes and made sure the file doesn't have a hidden .zip extension. What actually worked was to unzip your file, compress the "Payload" folder and then rename THAT zip file as "TMobile_US.ipcc" (no hidden .zip extension).

NOW IT'S ALL WORKING!! MMS AND INTERNET!! THanks so much! This has really been a lot of work for something that I don't even use that often. Haha. I guess I'm just a super geek. I work so hard to put it on because it CAN be done, not necessarily because I need it.

The ONLY DOWNSIDE is that I used to have a "glowing TMobile logo" theme (so it was pink/white, looked nice with my round color signal bars) but now it's just the regular logo whether I have the special logo enabled or "unabled" through winterboard. It's a small price to pay but I thought I'd note it in case anyone else had an issue.

P.S. Does this MMS allow video messaging or pictures only? When I send messages it takes me to my photo roll. I, obviously, use cycorder to take videos
    Yeah I should have mentioned that, if you've got the payload folder just compress it, rename it to .ipcc (Could also rename payload to TMobile_US or something but i dont think it matters), check your extension and you're good.

Haha and same here. I'll probably almost never use MMS but I love the fact that it's there. Same goes for enabling tethering on a 2g. If it's native and written into the firmware, and there's no hardware issues, it should be on 2g's too

And I think there's other ways, but off the top of my head- if you want your themed tmobile logo back just take your .ipcc, change it to .zip and decompress it back to the payload folder, open it, right click on the tmobile.bundle and click show package contents. In there are the default carrier logo .png's. just replace those with the ones you want from your theme.

P.S- No problem, I'll go ahead and add the internet2.voicestream.com to the downloads as well. Also, with MMS enabled, you can receive video, pictures, and voice recordings, but you can only send voice recordings and pictures. You may be able to send video (haven't tried) but you would need to put your videos from cycorder or anywhere else into the photo roll via SSH. And the videos you receive play in a different player sort of like the quicktime player but with a scroll bar that shows where you are in the video. Resolution on received pictures is poor, due to T-Mobile (explanation in this thread), and people mentioned that video resolution was ok, but it seemed poor to me too from the one video i received.
    Last edited by grantmaier687; 2009-06-30 at 11:03 AM.

FINALLY!

big thanks to Dimit and leijae.

sent and received a MMS.

no more swirly. yay!

it was the ATT ipcc that was giving me problems and i did it from my E drive. i used leijae's method without the % signs.
    Last edited by jimmay; 2009-06-30 at 10:58 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@jimmay: hey send me ur steps, in a private message, i can always compare to mine and perfect the tutorial. btw, make sure you hit the "Thanks!" button

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I should have mentioned that, if you've got the payload folder just compress it, rename it to .ipcc (Could also rename payload to TMobile_US or something but i dont think it matters), check your extension and you're good.

Haha and same here. I'll probably almost never use MMS but I love the fact that it's there. Same goes for enabling tethering on a 2g. If it's native and written into the firmware, and there's no hardware issues, it should be on 2g's too

And I think there's other ways, but off the top of my head- if you want your themed tmobile logo back just take your .ipcc, change it to .zip and decompress it back to the payload folder, open it, right click on the tmobile.bundle and click show package contents. In there are the default carrier logo .png's. just replace those with the ones you want from your theme.
    Hmm, good idea with the carrier logo. I'm assuming I could find any file on the internet and rename it to work in the bundle? (Given the icon is resized appropriately?)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok im on att and i cant send mms because att is blocking all iphones from sending mms...so leijae, how would people on contracts doit without changing their imei or something else...?

Hmm, good idea with the carrier logo. I'm assuming I could find any file on the internet and rename it to work in the bundle? (Given the icon is resized appropriately?)
    Yep I think so, as long as it's a .png file.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    i'm gonna call b.s. on AT&T they sent me this to my phone while i was talking to them around 7pm. you can see it took a while. after looking at it closer though the time stamp is wrong. the PM should be AM. odd.

i did all your steps and nothing seems to work man...do i need to call att or something?

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast