Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Forgive me for not wanting to sift through 44 pages of posts on how to get this to work, so I'm just gonna ask a few questions and maybe someone can help me out on this.

I just saw the "Activate MMS2G" thing on Cydia last night. (I have a 3G, but my fiancee has a 2G, so I was trying this for her). Now I know people say, "Just use Swirly!", but...

1. It costs $12.
    2. I had it. And although it worked, it sucked. All the pictures I received were so small I could never make them out.

Anywhoo... I tried to install "Activate MMS2G" and it said "reboot" but it never did. So I manually rebooted it and all the things were there. The "Turn on MMS" setting and the "MMS Settings" under network. SO I turned it on, set all the proper settings for it. But everytime I would set the APN it would never take. I would go back into the settings and it would be missing. Anyone else have this problem? So I tried to fix this by reinstalling. It then rebooted and then stayed on the Apple logo and never booted up again. It just kept trying to reboot itself. So I totally had to do a Shift+Restore in DFU mode.

So my question is.... how are people getting this to work???
    The only thing that threatens my humanity... is, none other than, reality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

commandoscorch: post some screen shots of your settings and such, also take a look at settings>>general>>profile it should say help.benm.at when you clikc on it, it should give you the option to remove it. DON'T! just make sure it's there.

unfaced: here is my walkthrough. start where it talks about help.benm.at
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4638101-post625.html
    Last edited by leijae; 2009-06-30 at 06:14 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

elejuteco (2009-07-08)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poprocks View Post
    are you on ATT? if so, what plan and how did you get yours to work?
    Yes, I'm on AT&T Blue with unlimited mmode, mms and texting. AT&T blue are the plans pre-2006 before AT&T (blue) became Cingular (orange) and then back to AT&T again. The SIM works in unlocked 2g and 3g.

Thanks

ah, grandfathered in. me likes.

I checked out VLingo from appstore. it's free. it's a voice control app similar to the 3Gs's. It doesn't run Apps, or Ipod, but it works ok i guess. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5. I don't think it's something I'd use all the time.
    Last edited by leijae; 2009-06-30 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    unfaced: here is my walkthrough. start where it talks about help.benm.at
    What if I have t-mobile?

Default Hi mr Tekwiz n anyone..
    Hi there, im having the same problem which my mms apn setting can't stick.
    im from Malaysia n im using 2g iphone and running 3.0. can u please tell me how to this problem.
    anyway, just for ur information, i haven't done anything regarding the ipcc or what so ever.
    ive tried read all the topics but seems confused. so i am hoping that u can help me with this problem cause i need my mms back man. Anyway i below is my settings for mms;

Carrier: DIGI

Internet APN: diginet

MMS

APN: digimms
    USERNAME: mms
    PASSWORD: mms
    MMSC: http://mms.digi.com.my/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 203.092.128.160

as you can see, my internet APN is different with my MMS APN. Thanx man
    Last edited by eelzaf; 2009-06-30 at 06:32 AM.

Thanks

unfaced: tekwiz has a good walkthrough for t-mobile somewhere around here.

eelzaf: try going to help.benm.at and install a custom profile from there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

eelzaf (2009-06-30)

@eelzaf

Make sure that your APN for Cellular Data and MMS are identical.

Be warned, Incoming MMS quality is really bad. I'm looking into it right now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to subm0ral For This Useful Post:

eelzaf (2009-06-30)

Hey guys!

Just did all the stuff talked about in this thread (coupled with another one). I had to SSH in the bundle stuff. Everything worked like magic until i went to send an mms. It gets hung on the last little bit of info.

Got any suggestions for me?

thanx

tim

Info: 8GB 2G iPhone jailbroken and unlocked with redsn0w using a PC running Windows Vista 32 (crappy OS!)

I don't have PAYG is that an issue? I also have push and fetch turned off.
    Last edited by klouud; 2009-06-30 at 06:48 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It hangs at 90% if your apn, mmsc, mmsc proxy are wrong. Make sure you have the right strings. And it really doesn't hang. It comes back with a ! saying it couldn't send.

Talking Hey guys!!
    i solve my problem!!! check this site out!!

http://www.*************/showthread.php?t=47020&page=2

and thanx mr LEIJAE for your link

So happy now. Thanx guys!!

just a reminder, please MAKE SURE ENABLE TETHERING IS SET TO ON!

the setting didnt stick the try coz i forgot to set it on..

- Subm0ral : thanx man but the problem solved even though my APN for Cellular Data and MMS are not identical.
    Last edited by eelzaf; 2009-06-30 at 06:53 AM.

Ok here is my current situation. I have taken screenshots so hopefully leijae or someone else who has gotten this working on At&t can help.

First I downloaded the cydia package and followed leijae's tutorial on how to get it working. Unfortunately it did not work for me.
    I have attached a screenshot of my settings on my iphone. I also included a picture of my At&t account plan. AS you can see from the picture, I have the messaging and data unlimited plan currently enabled and NOT an iphone plan. I can put my sim card into my other phone and send mms messages perfectly fine. If anyone can help I would be so happy. Thanks.

Note: In the mms settings screenshot my proxy is set to wireless.cingular.com. I also tried 066.209.011.052 which is what it defaulted to when I installed the carrier profile but it still didn't work. When I try to send an mms, it hangs at around 90% and then throws up the red exclamation mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0051.png   -settingsaccount.jpg  
    Last edited by commandoscorch; 2009-06-30 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielNTX View Post
    It hangs at 90% if your apn, mmsc, mmsc proxy are wrong. Make sure you have the right strings. And it really doesn't hang. It comes back with a ! saying it couldn't send.
    APNx3: wap.cingular
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com

looked over my AT&T messaging data plan and I cannot tell if I have an iPhone messaging plan or a regular messaging plan. I do know that I have a grandfather plan back from the days of Cingular. How can I tell if my IMEI# is the same between my sim/phone/account?
    Last edited by klouud; 2009-06-30 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    unfaced: tekwiz has a good walkthrough for t-mobile somewhere around here.
    Where? I totally searched and can't find it.
    Last edited by unfaced; 2009-06-30 at 06:57 AM.

it's on page 21 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Vengeance View Post
    it's on page 21 man.
    Just a heads up I don't think the quality problem has been resolved yet on Tmobile

Thanks

eelzaf: glad i could help a little, you're first link is broken, and please don't forget to hit the thanks button

Green Apple
    Thanks

QUESTION:

I tried downloading and installing the Tmobile Carrier package that tekwiz put in a zip file but when I go to update I don't see any actual .ipcc file? I tried downloading it and just removing the .zip extension but that doesn't work either? Any help? I need to use the two different APNs to allow EDGE and MMS simultaneously...

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all ports via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles
    Here's the thing. If I change the APN under the Cellular Data area, I lose edge connection. Because my edge connection has to be internet2.voicestream.com in order to work.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    QUESTION:

I tried downloading and installing the Tmobile Carrier package that tekwiz put in a zip file but when I go to update I don't see any actual .ipcc file? I tried downloading it and just removing the .zip extension but that doesn't work either? Any help? I need to use the two different APNs to allow EDGE and MMS simultaneously...
    remove .zip from filename, then in itunes after you click shift+update you need to type *.ipcc in the filename box and hit enter, then it will show files with .ipcc extension and you can select. This is because itunes is looking for files with a different extension other than ipcc
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-30 at 07:34 AM.

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast