Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Those of you who wanted internet2.voicestream.com for data and wap.voicestream.com for MMS can now use this custom ipcc to enable those. I am currently using this on my phone to hold both those different settings and it's working fine. Still image resolution is crap. I noticed in the ipcc for username in one of the places it has iphone, I tried changing it to N95 but that had no effect on res. I changed it back to iphone. Credits to Grantmaier!

I installed file. (Connect phone to cable. Open itunes, Hold Shift, click Update. Choose the ipcc file. Go into settings and reset settings, put information in, reboot phone.

Here's the file. You must rename and remove the zip extension from it before using
    I can't seem to access your attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    Houston, we have liftoff! I have it figure out. I got it 100% with great receiving quality. i will be posting a walkthrough for all us AT&T PAYG and non PAYG users. Note* You must speak to an AT&T Rep.
    WTF?! you better post that shiz right now!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Those of you who wanted internet2.voicestream.com for data and wap.voicestream.com for MMS can now use this custom ipcc to enable those. I am currently using this on my phone to hold both those different settings and it's working fine. Still image resolution is crap. I noticed in the ipcc for username in one of the places it has iphone, I tried changing it to N95 but that had no effect on res. I changed it back to iphone. Credits to Grantmaier!

I installed file. (Connect phone to cable. Open itunes, Hold Shift, click Update. Choose the ipcc file. Go into settings and reset settings, put information in, reboot phone.

Here's the file. You must rename and remove the zip extension from it before using

Will this ipcc file commpletely reboot my phone or is it only adjusting the files that would otherwise need to be SSHed? After updating to 3.0 I don't want to have to repeat the whole setup process for my phone (reinstalling all music/videos + jailbroken apps and settings)

EDIT: This is a fix for TMobile users, right? I need to use internet2 to access EDGE but the MMS will only work with wap...
    Last edited by StellaCaelum5; 2009-06-30 at 12:44 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i'll try and have the walkthrough up by around 10 or 11 central time. i'm having dinner with the lady tonight.

i'll try and have the walkthrough up by around 10 or 11 central time. i'm having dinner with the lady tonight.
    the lady can wait! you have that walkthrough up right NOW!

j/k

ok but seriously, dont forget please

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poprocks View Post
    the lady can wait! you have that walkthrough up right NOW!

j/k

ok but seriously, dont forget please

Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    Will this ipcc file commpletely reboot my phone or is it only adjusting the files that would otherwise need to be SSHed? After updating to 3.0 I don't want to have to repeat the whole setup process for my phone (reinstalling all music/videos + jailbroken apps and settings)

EDIT: This is a fix for TMobile users, right? I need to use internet2 to access EDGE but the MMS will only work with wap...
    This is the APN settings in a plist edit with the info from GrantM. Follow the steps..you can always delete the profile.

Not sure why you can't access it. Maybe the mods have to approve it first?
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-30 at 01:22 AM.

Im on Tmobile USA unlocked jailbroken iphone 2g...everything works but I CAN SEND PICTURE MESSAGES BUT CANNOT RECEIVE PICTURE MESSAGING!!!! Someone HELP PLEASE!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Houston, we have liftoff! I have it figure out. I got it 100% with great receiving quality. i will be posting a walkthrough for all us AT&T PAYG and non PAYG users. Note* You must speak to an AT&T Rep.
    well??

oh nevermind, ill be waiting at 10 - 11
    Last edited by Mandizzle; 2009-06-30 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by oneblessedguy View Post
    Oh, one more thing. Has anybody noticed an incredible drain on your battery since enabling MMS? Now that I got it working I'm going to disable it until somebody solves the quality problem. Back to Swirly for now. : ]
    I think I have. it might be connected with internet apn, whenever an app tries to go online when wifi off, it connects to mms server to check if it can get through the internet. and the connection keeps active for a while, it can be seen on sbsettings data connection...

I'm gonna try editing carrier.plist now, let's see what's gonna happen. >=)

I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling and now none of it works. I'm going to try the custom ipcc file for tmo that was just uploaded today with internet2 and wap for mms. I'll report back to see if that works.

also i have an iphone plan actually the tzones one and im using epc.tmobile.com and i want mms on my phone but if i use wap.voicestream.com would both my internet and mms work at the same time? this is what im trying to figure out.

I just want to know about this "great receiving quality" that you speak of.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diepnguyen View Post
    also i have an iphone plan actually the tzones one and im using epc.tmobile.com and i want mms on my phone but if i use wap.voicestream.com would both my internet and mms work at the same time? this is what im trying to figure out.
    I have mine working with both APNs on epc.tmobile.com

works like a charm! and photo quality is fine too. I sent a cam photo and received it 1024x768 resolution which is better than swirlly cuz I receive 640x480 res with it.

PS: I added http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf to MMS UA Prof URL.

This worked perfect for me! I also highly recommend using SBsettings or bossprefs reboot feature instead of holding down power and home, this seemed to be a big help. THANKS TEK!

Now.. onto resolution issues.. anyone got any word on an update for tmobile?

Ok, so to recap, what works best so far after trying this on 2 2g's with TMOBILE:

1. install hack from cydia
    2. reboot
    3. install tekwiz's ipcc file found on page 40 of this thread thru itunes 8.2
    4.use sbsettings or bossprefs to reboot
    5. double check that mms settings are enabled in settings under "Messages"
    6. Test a MMS to yourself and others!

This was great!

All we need now is to upload these carrier settings to the mmi repo!
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-06-30 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Added info!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

ColinFox (2009-06-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can you please give the settings for doing this? Really appreciate it. (for using epc.tmobile.com instead of WAP).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    works like a charm! and photo quality is fine too. I sent a cam photo and received it 1024x768 resolution which is better than swirlly cuz I receive 640x480 res with it.

PS: I added http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf to MMS UA Prof URL.
    That did nothing for my resolution
    word

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyfool88 View Post
    That did nothing for my resolution
    Did you reboot the phone after adding the setting? It didn't work for me either but Tmo could always turn it on I suspect

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

I keep getting this error when i try to install it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-5.png  

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast