Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Works as a charm with Telia carrier in Sweden.
    Had to adjust the APN settings and revert to be able to send MMS, but it was the same story with my girlfriend's Bona Fide 3G unit. Seems like a hickup in the original carrier bundle or SW.
    BIG THANKS!!!
    PS
    When will we see Tethering in 2G @ 3.0?
    DS
    /f

Works for me on tmobile but, did anyone elses Mail,Contacts,etc section under settings disappear? For some reason mine did....

Quote Originally Posted by craig_16 View Post
    For people who require different APNs for their mobile data and their MMS, there may be a fix for you. I am on a Polish network which requires different APNs and I am able to send MMS and browse the internet. This is what I did:

1. Install the Cydia package "ActivateMMS2G" and reboot
    2. Go to help.BenM.at on your iPhone
    3. Go to the second Mobileconfigs link, the one that allows you to create a custom Mobileconfig
    4. Enter your MMS APN (i.e. mms.plusgsm.pl) for both of the APN fields (Mobile Internet and Visual Voicemail). My network requires no username or password, if yours does, you may need to enter those as well.
    5. Press generate, install it, press OK, then reboot RIGHT AWAY. Do not check the settings!!!
    6. Go to settings > General and scroll down to profile. If it says 2 (or more) profiles, delete/uninstall the one(s) that are not called "help.benm.at" (i.e. delete all but the one you just installed). If it only says help.benm.at, skip to step 8.
    7. After deleting the other profiles, go back to help.BenM.at and repeat steps 3-5. The first time you try to install it, it may fail or hang while installing (it did for me anyway) if this happens, press the home button, then try again, it should work.
    8. Once your iPhone has rebooted, go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network. Your MMS APN should be present in every APN field.
    9. Fill in your MMSC and MMS Proxy. Once again, my network has no username or password, so I am not sure if you should add this here or during step 4... Experiment!!
    10. Reboot your iPhone.
    11. Open Messages and try to send an MMS. If it fails, check your settings are correct.
    12. If it is successful, go back to Cellular Data Network and change your Cellular Data APN to the one appropriate for your network.
    13. Test your data connection.
    14. Re-Test your MMS.

This fixed it for me. It seems the MMS APN must be the one in the Mobileconfig file, or else it won't stick, whereas the Cellular Data APN can be anything. Let me know how it goes.
    One thing I forgot to mention is that I enabled tether at step 4. After this all the APN fields should be filled rather than just the top one.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

After my iPhone failed to boot up, I restored and now the MMS settings stick but then I restored from backup and now the MMS settings won't stick.
    Yesterday I could receive and send but the other person wouldnt get the MMS and today I cans send but not receive!!! Keep getting text from O2 saying iPhone 2G can not send MMS, lmao yeh right!!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2009-06-29 at 12:20 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

thats also what i am getting the o2 text and to go online to see received mms i can send fine not sure how we can get around this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandinho View Post
    thats also what i am getting the o2 text and to go online to see received mms i can send fine not sure how we can get around this one.
    Oh, to get around this is to put your sim in a different phone and call O2 saying your not using an iPhone and you want to get rid of that text directing you online and want normal MMS for phones. I made the mistake of texting MMS to O2 yesterday, I thought it would trick them into thinking I have a 3G or 3GS but nope I was wrong.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

brandinho (2009-06-29)

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    Just watch now that ya said it, Itll happen! haha, Maybe we can use the visual voicemail server that the G1 uses, Hey thats a thought!
    LMAO..it IS coming...and we WILL have it:

T-Mobile rolling out visual voicemail this summer?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mms still working for me on att but still has the exclamation point but still sends the message..............
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default At&t
    How did you make it work?What are your MMS settings?I still can't send?I'm on AT&T....

Thanks

At least you guys can send, my settings will not stay put, they keep disappearing as soon as I exit Settings. I just spent an hour talking to an O2 person who can't even do his job properly!!!! I've had to take MMS and Internet off my acc for 2 whole days, can't put sim back in iPhone incase O2 detect it's an iPhone 2G.

iPhone 4 August 28th

Well, I've another interesting problem: I got MMS to work, but when I send an MMS to myself (the only MMS I've sent so far), it'll show the Text without the Image!

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    At least you guys can send, my settings will not stay put, they keep disappearing as soon as I exit Settings. I just spent an hour talking to an O2 person who can't even do his job properly!!!! I've had to take MMS and Internet off my acc for 2 whole days, can't put sim back in iPhone incase O2 detect it's an iPhone 2G.
    You could customize the carrier bundle. Just add the mms apn with type-mask 4, reset settings in Cellular Data Network, and it should populate the apn/user/pass and stay there. That's how I got mine to stick. Can't confirm this works yet, no MMS while roaming

@Maxf

That almost sounds as if you don't have MMS on your account or they are stripping it from the message for some reason...back before the iphone on cricket I used to have the problem of mms' not sending UNLESS I put text with it.

Tried to quote you but it seems the quote buttons aren't working for me this morning all of a sudden.

Thanks

I reset Network Settings, rebooted, reset cellular settings, rebooted, changed setting to O2 payandgo, rebooted and they've seemed to stick, for now.
    I can send MMS now but I sent one to myself, I still receive a text, so I phoned O2 and they said it'll take upto 48 hours for the text to disappear and for you to get an MMS, I said I had an N95 8GB

iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all ports via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles
    I followed your steps and it was working. I used the first APN settings. I was able to send about 4 pictures out and received one. But now it's not working any longer. I'm not sure if there is an issue with out network or something else???

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think MMS is completely reliable...I have not got some I send to myself when I was messing with UAprofiles..I also had some issues not receiving when forwarding to myself, then I would try again and it would come in.

Also, to the people who have to wait a long time for it to send. Are you in major cities. I noticed sending from my home is rather quick 30-45 seconds but I just sent one from work which is in the city and it took a good 2-3 minutes.

I can't even install the Cydia hack I keep getting the following error

Quote Originally Posted by my iphone
    ERROR
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned
    an error code (1)

/var/cache/apt/archives/ru.geniusan.mms2g_1.0_iphoneos-arm.deb

trying to overwrite
    '/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.ap/M68P.plist', which is also a package de.sendowski.asbatterya30
    is there something special I have to do first? I'm trying to install it via the iSpazio repo

Heard issues of Ispazio's not working...there is the patch directly from the russian. Repo is http://cydia.alpden.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm also having problems with getting my APNs to stick.
    I've tried so many times using help.benm.at and generating my profile. The problem is, when I would type in: internet2.voicestream.com under Mobile Internet, then I'd type in wap.voicestream.com under Visual Voicemail, I enable Tethering, then I click Generate.

The problem is that after rebooting after installing the new profile as the instructions said, I would go in and check them out and see that "internet2.voicestream.com" will be in all my APNs. Anyone know how you can make them both different?

For T-Mobile: "wap.voicestream.com" is real slow. "Internet2.voicestream.com" is faster, tho they're both slow, I'd prefer using the faster one out of the two.

Thanks

@mrjoey35
    I bet you have the percentage battery hack installed?
    You can either have the percentage battery or MMS, for now. Percentage battery interfers with MMS somehow, no idea why.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2009-06-29 at 06:22 PM.

iPhone 4 August 28th

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast