Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there's gotta be a way. i'll try the sim switch tomorrow... its almost 1 here and i gotta be at work at 8. ill let you guys know the results when i try it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    of course you can do this....if you know what the spoof app is where it lets u spoof ur caller id...they have this service called "trap call"
    TrapCall - Unmask Blocked Calls it shows you blocked numbers, and it replaces your voicemail so it uses their servers, they email your ur voicemail so u get an email alert, as an attachment you get the voicemail and u have the number its from above so that is the same as vvm but it works on other phones too and if you use yahoo for email, free push so its as good as it can get

oh and its free...forgot to mention that
    Last edited by Mandizzle; 2009-06-29 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mandizzle For This Useful Post:

jayjavier55 (2009-07-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah ive used that before, currently i use Youmail visual voicemail but would be sweet if i could use the voicemail tab on the phone, less apps and more native stuff is always nice

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    Here's a carrier setting for tmobile us that works with the MMS hack on cydia. just install the cydia hack and reboot, install this .ipcc file and reboot again. This uses the epc.tmobile.com apn for both internet and mms. I've tested this on both my wife's and my phone and it works perfectly. Just unzip to use.
    Thanks! I love having the defaults there. I will say that mine was just a hair faster after I took out the http:// from the MMSC.

Thanks again! I can confirm that this works!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneblessedguy View Post
    Thanks! I love having the defaults there. I will say that mine was just a hair faster after I took out the http:// from the MMSC.

Thanks again! I can confirm that this works!
    your works without the http:// infront of the 216.........

Ok, I've done everything, but it sticks at 95% when i send a message.

I get the cellular data whatever, i got the settings in MMS with the reset settings button, added the MMSC and the other thing right under it, rebooted, and now i have the camera in my Messages App.

It sticks at 95%. What is the next step?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @amini9 u have att?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

do u have att or tmo?

why does the image quality sucks when you send and recivee

I have at&t, non iphone plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    wont work...i do too u have to wait until att realeases mms for iphones...because they blocked all iphones from having it

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

how do i make this:

TMobile_US.ipcc.zip

so itunes will read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzle View Post
    wont work...i do too u have to wait until att realeases mms for iphones...because they blocked all iphones from having it
    are you sure? I have the cheap internet (like it's the one for those basic phones). I had the IMEI changed at the store to "nothing" and thats how i can keep the cheap internet, but when i log into my account, it does show an iphone.

any other feedback for this? NO possible way to get this working for me?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hey is ur guys glass tone messed up after installing this hack? mine is it sounds really weird....and i dont have winterboard

and the sound quality on those tones are really really bad, like lock and unlock, not all of them but most...

Quote Originally Posted by amini9 View Post
    are you sure? I have the cheap internet (like it's the one for those basic phones). I had the IMEI changed at the store to "nothing" and thats how i can keep the cheap internet, but when i log into my account, it does show an iphone.

any other feedback for this? NO possible way to get this working for me?
    att's servers knows when ur using an iphone from ur iphones imei so even if u changed it to nothing it will eventually refresh and get back to ur iphone....

ok i fixed my sound problem nvm...

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    how do i make this:

TMobile_US.ipcc.zip

so itunes will read it?
    u extract it, and did u enable carrier options for ur itunes in cmd or terminal?

here is a decent guide i used...

MMS, Tethering working on iPhone 3G (IPCC Included) - Erodov
    Last edited by Mandizzle; 2009-06-29 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    how do i make this:

TMobile_US.ipcc.zip

so itunes will read it?
    Go here:

Uploading IPCC files via Itunes 8.2

and it should help you get the ipcc in there.

Hope this helps! Also, play with the settings on the http:// . When I took them out it worked but then after a bit it didn't. I put it back in and now it works again. So see what works for you and make sure that you reboot after each change.

Enjoy!

Oh, one more thing. Has anybody noticed an incredible drain on your battery since enabling MMS? Now that I got it working I'm going to disable it until somebody solves the quality problem. Back to Swirly for now. : ]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i think i drained 62% from the 10 times i rebooted...not sure lol but how exactly would u turn off mms, just uninstall the cydia thing?

Apparently I cannot receive MMS, but I have no problem sending them, I have tried to send them to a friend with T-mobile and he does not receive them either, so we have 2 iphones that can send MMS, but neither can receive.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    lol thats just as gay as the email work-around...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I still can't get MMS settings to stick, the APN is same as the for all boxes as well as the username and password, I got them from O2-UK's website.
    I uninstalled MMS from Cydia and now my iPhone won't reboot so it's currerntly restoring, any help? Thanks

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i retract that statement.. i did have troubles, and it did work when i disabled EDGE, however i tested again and it is working with EDGE again.

Quote Originally Posted by fosiacat View Post
    interesting, because it DOESN'T work for me, with EDGE enabled...

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast