Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@commandoscorch:

go to help.benm.at on safari on your iphone.

scroll down to Custom Mobilegate... or something like that.

fill out the sections completely and click enable tethering at bottom.

Install

as soon as it finishes installing the profile, don't quit out of safari, just turn off your phone and the restart it.

go to settings and they will be there. do not try to edit the settings or they will disappear.

if works, thank me. if not. quote me. lol jk

@tekwiz: do you think that mmsc.cingular.com should have http:// in front of it?
    Last edited by leijae; 2009-06-29 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

commandoscorch (2009-06-29)

to all that need to use 2 different apns for data and mms use

follow the post on how to use help.benm.at

BUT ENABLE TEETHER for it it work!

tada!

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    @tekwiz: yes i'm on AT&T pay as you go. so i know all switches are on.

Features
    3 Way Calling
    CF Conditional
    CF Immediate
    Call Hold
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Basic Voicemail
    Data
    International Dialing
    Message Waiting Indicator
    Text Messaging
    Multi Media Messaging
    2G PAYG User

straight from my att account
    @commandoscorch:

go to help.benm.at on safari on your iphone.

scroll down to Custom Mobilegate... or something like that.

fill out the sections completely and click enable tethering at bottom.

Install

as soon as it finishes installing the profile, don't quit out of safari, just turn off your phone and the restart it.

go to settings and they will be there. do not try to edit the settings or they will disappear.

if works, thank me. if not. quote me. lol jk

@tekwiz: do you think that mmsc.cingular.com should have http:// in front of it?
    I think it works either way as I noticed when I didn't have it, it was still there in the plist file.

@leijae

Thanks! It worked! Too bad it doesn't actually send, but I suppose its a step in the right direction.

Thanks

a little update on my end. i still have swirtly installed, so i used it, and it works fine, but still it's a pain in the butt to have to use it.

also, i noticed i have 2 profiles on my settings page. i'm gonna delete them. restart the process and see what happens.
    Last edited by leijae; 2009-06-29 at 05:09 AM.

swirly caused problems with other users, theirs worked after removing it and rebooting

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

any news on mms for us AT&T ppl...
    is their any at&t ppl who can confirm on this "hack" officially?

Thanks

ok then i'll remove Swirly and let you know what i get

update: no dice at uninstalling swirly
    Last edited by leijae; 2009-06-29 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Popple3 View Post
    Yeah, you can create custom carrier bundles (or edit already existing ones) in '/System/Library/Carrier Bundles', it seems to work (it sets the apn settings and they stay there), but I have to wait til Wednesday to test it out coz my network doesn't have MMS on roaming
    Ok, so after lazying around I decided to make my own T-Mobile USA carrier bundle (credits go to Carrier Bundle Generator).

This bundle is as OEM as I can make it. It's somewhat of and edit of the one posted earlier in this thread, however, it has a more OEM feel (very similar to what T-Mobile would have provided and just like the one from the wiki). The carrier logo is also correct, i.e. it's not too large where it scrolls. I"m currently trying to get it in Cydia.

Side note: Would anyone know how to get the "Customer Care" cell on its own like it is in the screenshot?

From the wiki:

For some reason, it does not expose the Visual Voicemail APN setting (which would help all of you who need to use two different APNs). However, the bundle that was posted earlier did/does.

Instructions (slightly modified) are provided in the zip and are as follows:

Welcome to your Readme for installing your custom carrier bundle

1. Install the carrier bundle

Connect to your iPhone with SFTP: Cyberduck (free), Transmit (commercial), Fugu (free) on a Mac or WinSCP (free) on Windows. Goto to directory:

/Systems/Library/Carrier Bundles/

Copy your carrier bundle TMobile_us.bundle from your PC into the directory on the iPhone.

IMPORTANT: If you are on an Apple supported carrier with a regular (non-iPhone) contract:
    Locate the symlink 310260 (looks like a folder) and rename it to old_310260.
    Locate the symlink 310160 (looks like a folder) and rename it to old_310160.
    Locate the symlink 310170 (looks like a folder) and rename it to old_310170.

Disconnect and qiut the SFTP application.

2. Create the symlink.

Open Terminal (Mac) or Putty (Windows) and connect to iPhone with SSH, type:

ssh -l root 192.168.1.230

replacing 192.168.1.230 with your iPhones IP number, then type:

cd /System/Library/Carrier Bundles

and hit return. After switching to the right directory create the symlink(s) (continue through all of the links even though they may return "errors").

Type:

ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310260
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310160
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310170
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310330
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310150
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310170
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310180
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310380
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310410
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 310980
    and hit return.
    then type
    ln -s TMobile_us.bundle 311180
    and hit return.

Quit the SSH session.

3. Shut down the iPhone: Hold Sleep/Start button until you see the red slider. Pull it to shut down.

Start the iPhone: Press the Start/Sleep button.

Enjoy your iphone, now with a custom carrier bundle.

Best, volkspost.
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

tekwiz (2009-06-29)

Hey, just want to clearing up

Ive found this function working well, but after we do MMS, I found the connection to Edge activate long lasting until I turn it off via SBSetting. Is there possible to fix it so it much even nicer?

I mean, after each time we MMS, it would automatically disconnect from Edge so no further usage upon our data usage?

Thanks

Thanks

wait a second. edge needs to be on?

wait a second. edge needs to be on?
    Yes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    interesting, because it DOESN'T work for me, with EDGE enabled...

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    Yes

Here's a carrier setting for tmobile us that works with the MMS hack on cydia. just install the cydia hack and reboot, install this .ipcc file and reboot again. This uses the epc.tmobile.com apn for both internet and mms. I've tested this on both my wife's and my phone and it works perfectly. Just unzip to use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by geo411m; 2009-06-29 at 05:50 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to geo411m For This Useful Post:

oneblessedguy (2009-06-29)

Thanks

alright, a little update on leijae's attempt:

Uninstalled all profiles in Settings

Installed fresh profile from help.benm.at filling all fields and enabling tether, then rebooted.

All settings saved in Cellular Data

Last time I tried it, the sending progress bar went about 90% and stopped.
    Now, it seems that when I try sending an mms there is no progress bar, and the red exclamation shows up

btw - i tried with edge on and off. no change either way
    Last edited by leijae; 2009-06-29 at 05:59 AM.

Maybe us AT&T will just have to wait for the end of summer when they are going to activate MMS. I don't think there are even any working hacks to get mms on the 3g anymore.

Thanks

maybe. but remember i'm on Pay as you go. And Multi Media Messaging is active on my plan. besides my gf is on att and she sends mms no prob.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default help please
    i have been following this thread since day 1....i cant get it to work....

i put this ipcc on my iphone 2g

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...tt_us.ipcc.zip

and i can see celluar network data under network...i put in my settings but i dont see the camera button in my messenger app...i dont even see a mms option under messages in settings...what am i doing wrong?

---UPDATE----
    LOL as i was writing this, i rebooted my phone and i got the camera icon!! lol

I'm on a normal At&t messaging plan, not on the iphone plan and it still doesn't work for me. I read that At&t uses your imei number to detect if you're using an iPhone and if so, disables the mms feature. One person on this forum was able to get this hack working on At&t but had to change their imei to that of a different phone using Ziphone first. I would do this too but it seems complicated and its illegal.

Okay here is my situation. I'm on a first gen iphone which is unlocked with t-mobile and jailbroken..obviously!

I have went through and downloaded the hack, rebooted, put my correct apn's which come directly from t-mobile customer service and have been able to send a photo through the messaging section, but whenever I send a photo to myself I never receive it???

Earlier today I was able to receive the photos, but since I was having trouble sticking my apn I did the whole mobileconfig thing using the online service. Now I can send MMS, but I can't receive. Could someone please help me out here?

UPDATE: I reinstalled the hack and now I can receive them, but they are no longer popping up on my screen. For instance I would send one earlier and then I would exit the program and it would pop up on my spring board showing the image and the message with an ok button. Now I'm not getting the pop up at all. I'm getting the badge, but no pop up now

Also, it appears to only let me receive images that I take with the camera. If I click on the option choose exisiting photo it never sends it to me?
    Last edited by exiledone1; 2009-06-29 at 06:40 AM.

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast