Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

I seem to have MMS working on my 2G iphone with Cincinnati Bell. Thanks to all who made this possible!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    is there no way to SSH and edit the APN Settings, then maybe it will save.
    Yeah, you can create custom carrier bundles (or edit already existing ones) in '/System/Library/Carrier Bundles', it seems to work (it sets the apn settings and they stay there), but I have to wait til Wednesday to test it out coz my network doesn't have MMS on roaming

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Anyone seem to get the picture resolution better?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you get the MMS settings to stick??

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    Anyone seem to get the picture resolution better?
    This makes me extremely happy, aside from the resolution issue.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    How do you get the MMS settings to stick??
    i had to type it under cellular then coppy it to mms for it to work for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Strange?
    Weird...because since I though maybe this is an AT&T issue..I then changed my carrier to T-Mobile..and still I received the same error regarding sending mms....

Could this mean then a problem in just my iPhone and the patching itself...with the modified files?

Thanks

try uninstalling the activatemms2g and reinstall it then try it again, see what you get?

Quote Originally Posted by ZexX_pt View Post
    I have found two more ways to do it.

1st - Your itunes have a backup of your carrier.ipcc file saved on your Macintosh HD under
    [user]/Library/Itunes/iPhone Carrier Support/
    to modify that file you need to rename it to [your_carrier].zip and then decompress it. It will decompress a folder with the name Payload. Inside it there will be a file [your_carrier].bundle. Right click it and select show package contents. You then alter your Carrier.plist that is inside it, save it and do the inverse process to generate the new Carrier.ipcc file.
    Before updating your ipcc you have to enable ipcc support on itunes. Just start Terminal (Applications > Utilities) and type:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    To update, just plug your iPhone and under itunes press alt+update and navigate to your new carrier.ipcc and update it.

2nd - SSH to your iPhone. Navigate to
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/[your_carrier_folder].bundle/Carrier.plist
    make a backup of it before modifying it just to be safe. You can then alter the Carrier.plist and save it on the same folder on your iPhone.

I have found that modifying the Carrier.plist using the 2nd method is easier.
    I will show a pic of mine, wich is identical to my sister's functional mms on iPhone 3G (except it has the AllowMMSEditing, AllowEDGEEditing)
    Under apns>1, the one with the type mask 4 is the one with the settings for mms. Those are mine settings and I don't need to modify them. I also don't know if you have to modify the type mask for yours also.

I posted this on page 13. Please ignore the 1st method described.
    If you use type-mask 49 for your internet settings on the apn>0 you can use diferent username and pass on the apn>1 (this apn is the one used on the mms settings; leave the type-mask=4

All this settings for mms where already activated on my iphone 2G, I didn't had to alter them so I think this is one of the best ways to do it.

Just don't forget to reboot and then do a reset settings on settings>general>network>cellular data network
    Last edited by ZexX_pt; 2009-06-29 at 03:27 AM. Reason: missing info

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

tekwiz: i got the settings to stick, but still no cigar on the sending. heres what i have and did

installed it via benm.at with tether enabled. without tether enabled only APN 1 was filled out.

now the APN settings are correct and saved but i'm still getting the try again error and i am 100% sure my mms is allowed on my cell phone plan.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No Luck=AT&T
    try uninstalling the activatemms2g and reinstall it then try it again, see what you get?
    tried that also...no luck...its like so close in sending a msg but that suddenly it fails...maybe it might be an AT&T thing

....would i really need to change my IMEI # then?

EDIT: Other possible reason...is the plan? (lets say mms was not selected in a plan [only iPhone plan]then could this happen [the error])?
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-06-29 at 03:53 AM.

tekwiz: i got the settings to stick, but still no cigar on the sending. heres what i have and did

installed it via benm.at with tether enabled. without tether enabled only APN 1 was filled out.

now the APN settings are correct and saved but i'm still getting the try again error and i am 100% sure my mms is allowed on my cell phone plan.
    MMS would be allowed on your plan if ATT would throw the switch you mean? As I don't know anyone consistently getting it to work except one person here who has mediabundle

Thanks

what if you cant find your carrier in CarrierBundles? i got T-mobile US i dont see US

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@tekwiz: yes i'm on AT&T pay as you go. so i know all switches are on.

Features
    3 Way Calling
    CF Conditional
    CF Immediate
    Call Hold
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Basic Voicemail
    Data
    International Dialing
    Message Waiting Indicator
    Text Messaging
    Multi Media Messaging
    2G PAYG User

straight from my att account
    Last edited by leijae; 2009-06-29 at 04:03 AM.

Can anyone verify that the Cydia package works? I didn't use that method and have a few questions.

When you install from Cydia does it install all the dependencies that are required and is there any other file manipulation required?

I'm really more curious in case I have to do a clean install anytime in the future.

Thank you.

Thanks

i used the cydia hack works fine

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pcpro745 For This Useful Post:

smassie (2009-06-29)

@tekwiz: yes i'm on AT&T pay as you go. so i know all switches are on.

Features
    3 Way Calling
    CF Conditional
    CF Immediate
    Call Hold
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Basic Voicemail
    Data
    International Dialing
    Message Waiting Indicator
    Text Messaging
    Multi Media Messaging
    2G PAYG User

straight from my att account
    Well try calling ATT and see what they say. If you are supposed to have it and the device is configured correctly it can't hurt to make sure it's enabled on their end.

Sassie it only changes two files.

i used the cydia hack works fine
    Cydia hack? Im having troubles getting this activateMMS2G to work on Rogers.
    I have the camera icon in SMS and I am able to send the picture. For some reason though, no one is receiving the MMS? Any ideas?

Finally got the 2 apn's to work. I have internet2.voicestream.com for data, and wap.voicestream.com for the MMS. Just be sure to reboot by holding down the home and power button until the apple logo comes on.

How did you do this? I can't seem to find the right carrier package. The AT&t one that I tried only filled in the APN.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast