Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Download the custom file generator and fill in the details I got two people to send me mms and they came through in perfect resolution. I gave up trying to put my settings in for them to keep going. Visit help.benm.at from your iphone and create a custom mobileconfig file - the second link with grey pic. Put in your details and it will generate, reboot and then my mms pics came amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    alright guys...
    So I've been following this thread 4 a while now, and I have done all the patching that was needed to be done, however whenver I try to send a message I still get the error "Message Send Failure: with the little red exlamation point next to the image, saying Tap "Try Again" to send this message...

It is a jailbroken iPhone (2G obviously!) 3.0 with the patched files already in...running on AT&T..

My question is, if this IS possible on AT&T and if their was any1 who got to send successful mms on AT&T then could you please describe how it was done? Thanks!

Btw-I have't tried the Cydia package yet (as it seems the same as the actual patching)
    Look into the sim switch for 3g users...where you put your sim in another ATT phone, send a few MMS messages, make a few calls then put it back into the iphone..this supposedly manually switches MMS on for your account but ATT is reportedly actively reswitching people back off MMS. Also, if you didn't do the patch, do you even have the camera in messages?

I have both the tmobile 19.99 unlimited internet plan and the unlimited text plan

I just need to make the 2 different apns stick

the internet2.voicestream.com apn for internet

and the wap.voicestream.com for the mms

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    alright guys...
    So I've been following this thread 4 a while now, and I have done all the patching that was needed to be done, however whenver I try to send a message I still get the error "Message Send Failure: with the little red exlamation point next to the image, saying Tap "Try Again" to send this message...

It is a jailbroken iPhone (2G obviously!) 3.0 with the patched files already in...running on AT&T..

My question is, if this IS possible on AT&T and if their was any1 who got to send successful mms on AT&T then could you please describe how it was done? Thanks!

Btw-I have't tried the Cydia package yet (as it seems the same as the actual patching)
    We're in the same boat here. I used the cydia version of the hack and still get an error on At&t. There was one person that was able to get it working by changing their imei so I think it must be on at&t's end. I really hope to get this working but I do not wan't to downgrade and change my imei. If anyone knows any way of getting this to work on At&t, please post.

Quote Originally Posted by abel49 View Post
    I have both the tmobile 19.99 unlimited internet plan and the unlimited text plan

I just need to make the 2 different apns stick

the internet2.voicestream.com apn for internet

and the wap.voicestream.com for the mms
    That's exactly what I have and wap.voicestream.com works for both and I still get internet with it.

Otherwise you need to use the custom mobileconfig generator at help.benm.at

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    That's exactly what I have and wap.voicestream.com works for both and I still get internet with it.

Otherwise you need to use the custom mobileconfig generator at help.benm.at
    ive tried the wap.voicestream.com setting and my internet doesn't work only with the internet2.voicestream.com apn

and the help.benm.at doesn't work for me....

AT&T users here's something possibly:

How to Enable MMS in iPhone 3.0 Right Now | Gizmodo Australia

I tried the mobileconfig generator and I still get crap resolution.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-29 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsoferrety View Post
    You got video? I tried sending myself a video and got the message "The video file lemars.mov was deleted"
    Sorry for not clarifying further. I had a friend of mine send me a video and it came through fine. (Pictures still experience the loss of quality, but I do receive them.)

I am on T-Mobile in the US using the wap.voicestream.com settings.
    MMSC http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080

I am on the 19.99 data plan

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Look into the sim switch for 3g users...where you put your sim in another ATT phone, send a few MMS messages, make a few calls then put it back into the iphone..this supposedly manually switches MMS on for your account but ATT is reportedly actively reswitching people back off MMS. Also, if you didn't do the patch, do you even have the camera in messages?
    yea everything is active (Settings>Messages>MMS is Enabled) and also the picture icon is visible in the actual Messages.app...

I am trying the Cydia hack as of now (though I doubt this will do anything...)

EDIT: Tried the Cydia hack...now the "sending" bar gets almost to the end when suddenly it stops and gives same error...(b4 would only go bout few cm!)
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-06-29 at 01:46 AM.

Unfortunately this and other tutorials on the internet no longer work. Apparently AT&T caught on and disabled these hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by abel49 View Post
    what did you mean file permissions?

i too have tried multiple times to make the apn settings for the mms to stick but haven't been able to yet

still just trying to use 19.99 tmobile internet with the internet2.voicestream.com setting and the wap.voicestream setting for the mms

help!
    I followed the guide placing all the files myself from the russian site earlier in this thread. While placing the files, I renamed the original files with a .orig extension. I'm on Windows using WINSCP, I right click the original file and choose Permissions. Then Right click the new file and verify that they are the same. (644, 755 etc.) does that make sense?

After getting all the files in place, I followed the russian instructions this morning and everything fell into place....

How to make mms on 2g.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. For install copy mms2g.deb to iphone in folder, for example /var/root
    2. Then in same folder (/var/root) in terminal input: dpkg -i mms2g.deb
    3. Reboot.
    or
    1. Extract files from Patch.zip to iphone to folders same as arhive. For CommCenter chmod 755.
    2. Reboot.

In settings adjust apn, user, password.
    Enjoy!
    geniusan
    This is from the readme file in Geniusan's files posted earlier this morning.

HTH

Thanks

Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all port via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles

do not be foold this is all you need to do but do it ALL (dont forget the "http://" part
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687 View Post
    Question for those of you on T-Mobile using the "epc.tmobile.com" APN:

Did you change your Data APN to "wap.voicemail.com" in order to get the MMS APN to stick? The only way I can get them to stick is to make the data APN and the MMS APN both "wap.voicestream.com." I've been trying to keep my Data APN "epc.tmobile.com" but no matter which way I do that it causes the MMS APN to go blank. Is the only option to use "wap.voicestream.com" as our Data APN?
    Try this one. It worked fine for me and I use epc.tmobile.com apn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You used the one where you manually type the info in first, then download it...then you do reset settings..go back in and put MMS info in and I reboot just to be safe

trying this now:

http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

It's referenced in commcenter
    i tried this and only the MMSC was saved.

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all port via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles

do not be foold this is all you need to do but do it ALL (dont forget the "http://" part
    No. There is no need for "http://"

You need it as much as you need it for the APNs, i.e. you don't need it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spinny View Post
    Download the custom file generator and fill in the details I got two people to send me mms and they came through in perfect resolution. I gave up trying to put my settings in for them to keep going. Visit help.benm.at from your iphone and create a custom mobileconfig file - the second link with grey pic. Put in your details and it will generate, reboot and then my mms pics came amazing!
    are you sure your mms came in perfect resolution? cause the second link all i see is settings for internet and vvm ... none for mms.

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    i tried this and only the MMSC was saved.
    I got it all to save..still didn't do it for me...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah everything is working fine for me, Other than the resolution issues

The way that I got my APNs for data/MMS to stay separate (instead of the going-blank-when-editing problem) was to designate an APN for MMS and one for data using the type-mask attribute.

I've done this in my custom carrier bundle for Vodafone UK – "Reset Settings" now automatically populates each field with the correct APNs. I used two APNs in my carrier bundle, one with type-mask "4" (for MMS only) and one "49" (data, and tethering – I live in hope!); I didn't add visual voicemail as I can't get it on Voda UK. Here's the relevant section from my Carrier.plist:

Code:
    	<key>apns</key>
    	<array>
    		<dict>
    			<key>apn</key>
    			<string>Internet</string>
    			<key>password</key>
    			<string>webs</string>
    			<key>type-mask</key>
    			<integer>49</integer>
    			<key>username</key>
    			<string>web</string>
    		</dict>
    		<dict>
    			<key>apn</key>
    			<string>wap.vodafone.co.uk</string>
    			<key>password</key>
    			<string>wap</string>
    			<key>type-mask</key>
    			<integer>4</integer>
    			<key>username</key>
    			<string>wap</string>
    		</dict>
    	</array>
    I'd hoped that this would be directly applicable to the installable profiles, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Bugger.
    Last edited by hawkman; 2009-06-29 at 03:18 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is there no way to SSH and edit the APN Settings, then maybe it will save.

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast