Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    has anyone come up with the resolution problem from incoming messages into the iphone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ok uninstall and reinstall activatemms2g, see if you see the MMS in the Cellular Data Network

Quote Originally Posted by azngosu View Post
    has anyone come up with the resolution problem from incoming messages into the iphone?

Working on it

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    Ok guys, I've tried this 3 times. All from scratch with no APN settings at all. and whenever I get to step 8 only my internet apn is filled out. I've yet to have the mms apn filled out.

I've tried this over a dozen times. with no success. So is everyone jailbroken with pwnage? what were your settings? and if that's not the case, I'd like to trouble shoot this so I can figure it out.
    I'm sorry, I was only saying what worked for me. I have no other iPhones or networks to try it on, so I don't really know what could be the problem. After installing the custom file and rebooting I see the MMS APN in every APN field. I don't understand why it would be different for anyone else. I would imagine in a day or 2 the patch will be updated to allow editing of all fields in the Cellular Data settings, or someone will come up with a reliable workaround.

Ok guys, I've tried this 3 times. All from scratch with no APN settings at all. and whenever I get to step 8 only my internet apn is filled out. I've yet to have the mms apn filled out.
    When following the directions how are you rebooting? Are you just turning off the power, and then turning it back on? That's what I was doing and it wouldn't work.

Then I tried rebooting by holding the power button and the home button at the same time until the power turned off, and then I kept holding it until the apple appeared, signaling a reboot.

So basically you need to do a real reboot, not just turn the power on then off.

I dunno why, but that is what fixed it for me.

p.s. the resolution on received pix still sucks, so I hope someone figures that out.

I've tried this over a dozen times. with no success. So is everyone jailbroken with pwnage? what were your settings? and if that's not the case, I'd like to trouble shoot this so I can figure it out.
    Double check your file permissions. When I did this to my wife's phone they didnt stick but after changing the perms everything went like a charm.

iPhone 2G 8GB 3.0 (x2) both working beautifully. sending and receiving pics and video. when you receive a video clip, you click on the picture and it brings it up in the video player. At the top of the player window you will see the first frame of the video then the audio (osciliscope like thingy). LMAO I cant figure out what to call that atm....

Anyway, keep at it folks that arent there yet. It IS possible and is an incredible achievement by the community. Thank you to all that have participated!!!

Thanks

still trying to figure out the resolution thing, trying a bunch of different stuff, anyone else tried anything?

we need to figure out how to make the messages app recognize a phone profile so that for those of us on t-mobile can have decent looking pictures.

I'm on Orange 2G as well but cannot get my settings to save. Where did you download profile config?

Quote Originally Posted by smassie View Post
    Double check your file permissions. When I did this to my wife's phone they didnt stick but after changing the perms everything went like a charm.

iPhone 2G 8GB 3.0 (x2) both working beautifully. sending and receiving pics and video. when you receive a video clip, you click on the picture and it brings it up in the video player. At the top of the player window you will see the first frame of the video then the audio (osciliscope like thingy). LMAO I cant figure out what to call that atm....

Anyway, keep at it folks that arent there yet. It IS possible and is an incredible achievement by the community. Thank you to all that have participated!!!
    You got video? I tried sending myself a video and got the message "The video file lemars.mov was deleted"

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all ports via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles
    After going thru a bunch of hybrids, a combination of both this and craig_16's finally worked. Then of course, i deleted swirly and my phone crashed, so far I've been able to send and receive. However as all have stated the quality is horrible. even with pics under the 300kb limit. So That's the next thing to tackle yea?

was this on o2 UK ? if so please how did you do it ?

what did you mean file permissions?

i too have tried multiple times to make the apn settings for the mms to stick but haven't been able to yet

still just trying to use 19.99 tmobile internet with the internet2.voicestream.com setting and the wap.voicestream setting for the mms

help!

Thanks

Yeah so far its just the picture quality, Once we get that itll be nice!

Wait, how did you send video? I don't see that option.

just followed steps to a t...on a tmobile 2g 8gb and sends and recieves pics perfectly.thanks to everyone for their efforts.this proves that apple is full of sht.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T...help!?
    alright guys...
    So I've been following this thread 4 a while now, and I have done all the patching that was needed to be done, however whenver I try to send a message I still get the error "Message Send Failure: with the little red exlamation point next to the image, saying Tap "Try Again" to send this message...

It is a jailbroken iPhone (2G obviously!) 3.0 with the patched files already in...running on AT&T..

My question is, if this IS possible on AT&T and if their was any1 who got to send successful mms on AT&T then could you please describe how it was done? Thanks!

Btw-I have't tried the Cydia package yet (as it seems the same as the actual patching)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oh!scars View Post
    i got a question for ya. since your imei is different are you pictures blurry like ours?? and if there not how can i change my imei setting. i think maybe thats the problem with tmobile since were using an iphone on their network.
    mine havent been coming in blurry but i am sending them to myself. to change ur imei u have to downgrade to 114, change w/ ziphone,, then upgrade with one of these custom firmwares w/o basehand upgrades. homeofmagic.blogspot.com

but.....

it takes a while for me to send an mms.....a WHILE
    and
    sometimes it shows message send failed but it still sends it anyway
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    alright guys...
    So I've been following this thread 4 a while now, and I have done all the patching that was needed to be done, however whenver I try to send a message I still get the error "Message Send Failure: with the little red exlamation point next to the image, saying Tap "Try Again" to send this message...

It is a jailbroken iPhone (2G obviously!) 3.0 with the patched files already in...running on AT&T..

My question is, if this IS possible on AT&T and if their was any1 who got to send successful mms on AT&T then could you please describe how it was done? Thanks!

Btw-I have't tried the Cydia package yet (as it seems the same as the actual patching)

if you did the manual patch; did you set the Permissions? ... and do the cydia hack.

Question for those of you on T-Mobile using the "epc.tmobile.com" APN:

Did you change your Data APN to "wap.voicemail.com" in order to get the MMS APN to stick? The only way I can get them to stick is to make the data APN and the MMS APN both "wap.voicestream.com." I've been trying to keep my Data APN "epc.tmobile.com" but no matter which way I do that it causes the MMS APN to go blank. Is the only option to use "wap.voicestream.com" as our Data APN?

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687 View Post
    Question for those of you on T-Mobile using the "epc.tmobile.com" APN:

Did you change your Data APN to "wap.voicemail.com" in order to get the MMS APN to stick? The only way I can get them to stick is to make the data APN and the MMS APN both "wap.voicestream.com." I've been trying to keep my Data APN "epc.tmobile.com" but no matter which way I do that it causes the MMS APN to go blank. Is the only option to use "wap.voicestream.com" as our Data APN?
    That's the only way I know how to do it. (With wap.voicestream.com for both, but before I had MMS settings I was using internet2.....

To the person with the 19.99 internet plan...that won't be enough, you have to have messaging on your plan as well. Normally it's 34.99 for unlimited both or 14.99 just for unlimited messages.

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast