Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Ya, I do (working on T-Mobile)...apparently even though iut crashes my springboard everytime...it also send the message as I sent it to my gf's phone and she got every one!!! Also I can confirm it is receiving ok without crashing!!
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-28 at 03:31 PM.

we are almost there! i can smell it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Ya, I do (working on T-Mobile)...apparently even though iut crashes my springboard everytime...it also send the message as I sent it to my gf's phone and she got every one!!! Also I can confirm it is receiving ok without crashing!!
    What are your settings?

If I enter same GPRS APN for MMS APN then APN is saved. If I enter an APN different from GPRS one then MMS APN is not saved. However other MMS proxy settings stay saved.

I highly doubt there's anyone on Meteor in Ireland here, but if there is, any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by instinct818 View Post
    Does anybody have it working on AT&T?
    i just sent a message to a contact i have at ATT. Ill let you know what he says when he gets back to me.

I also confirm that it works.

I was able to send to myself and receive, although it took a couple of minutes before the message was delivered. (Cosmote-Greece).

I restored the files AppSupport/CoreTelephony and just replaced CommCenter. I also kept my previously modified M68AP.plist.

I was able to modify my apn settings at all times (although I didn' t really have to, all settings were automatically delivered from carrier.plist).

Thank you guys for all valuable info!
    Last edited by pperiklis; 2009-06-28 at 04:01 PM.

I'm having a little trouble understanding the readme.

What folders am I putting these files in?

Quote Originally Posted by ravinsp View Post
    If I enter same GPRS APN for MMS APN then APN is saved. If I enter an APN different from GPRS one then MMS APN is not saved. However other MMS proxy settings stay saved.
    I can confirm that...you need to have same cellular data APN as you do for MMS APN else it will blank out the MMS APN.

Quote Originally Posted by 96hondaex View Post
    What are your settings?
    Same ones at beginning and in middle of thread.

To those who can't get settings to stick...either try installing a mobile profile or try
    "APN Settings" app from cydia
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-28 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm using the same settings as in Swirly. My MMS APN gets saved because it's the same as GPRS APN. But when I try to send it displays the "Sending..." progress bar and it stops near the end and stays that way for a long time and say Sending failed.

Before applying this patch it just immediately said sending failed. Now it appears to be trying at least.

Anyway, great work guys - Russian or any country!

hi there !

IT WORKS !

i am from germany, using t-mobile germany.

what i did:

1. editing your custom m68ap.plist: adding: mms with true, maximum telephony 3.0
    2. respring
    3. backup your m68ap, you need it later
    4. overwrite patched coretelephony & appsupport
    5. restart
    6. using the patch: Extract files from Patch.zip to iphone to folders same as arhive. For CommCenter chmod 755.
    7. overwrite the new m68ap with your backup
    8. Reboot.
    9. send and recieve mms!
    Last edited by dissi; 2009-06-28 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravinsp View Post
    I'm using the same settings as in Swirly. My MMS APN gets saved because it's the same as GPRS APN. But when I try to send it displays the "Sending..." progress bar and it stops near the end and stays that way for a long time and say Sending failed.

Before applying this patch it just immediately said sending failed. Now it appears to be trying at least.

Anyway, great work guys - Russian or any country!
    Have u patched CoreTelephony with the file in this thread?

EDIT: I just changed CoreTelephony back to normal, rebooted, tried sending, my springboard still crashes yet the message still gets delivered.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-28 at 04:09 PM.

hey guys. looks like a lot has happened since last night. awesome!

i am restoring my phone since i didn't make any back ups of appsupport and coretelphony. then i will try the genusian's hack and report back.

just a little off the subject here: but has anyone messed around with pwnage tool in expert mode? i was wondering about the custom package screen. it sure would be nice to have a custom restore ipsw with OpenSsh and sbsettings already installed! or even better, MMS!
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 2009-06-28 at 04:19 PM.

If anyone wants to support the guy who did this, he has posted Webmoney number: Z305396623812

hey look back on page 12 or so for the posted originals of the appsupport and core telephony.

Just done :-) Works also for me, Carrier : Vodafone Italy

Just wanted to confirm that it is working on my 2G iPhone on Tmobile. It does take quite a while to send though. Around 5 full minutes. I wonder if the file size is too huge. Receiving takes less than 5 secs and the file size is greatly reduced. Glad it is finall working.

are you the only one to confirm for T-Mobile USA? and are you the only one having springboard crash?

Have u patched CoreTelephony with the file in this thread?

EDIT: I just changed CoreTelephony back to normal, rebooted, tried sending, my springboard still crashes yet the message still gets delivered.
    Thanks Tekwiz, I thought I have patched it earlier and changed permission but since u told me, I did it again. Now I can send MMS but with few problems.

My friend get my MMS as 2 pages. 1st page is blank. 2nd page has the photo. Subject is there, but no body text appears for him.

Receive does not work with Messages.app yet. The annoying thing is the lack of notifications. So I hv to manually go to Swirly and check for arrived MMS.

Maybe the problem is only on my side but I'm telling these to check whether other users hv these symptoms.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so what did you guys do completely? im still unable to send at all

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast