Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Damn, I just left my house to pick up a friend of mine. If no one posts it by the time I get back il pull it through diskaid...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3G Jailbroken 3.0
    here is the file, from a jailbroken iPhone 3G
    Attached Files Attached Files

guys, correct me if im wrong here... but, everyone who is actually at the point where you are sending the MMS but it errors out saying it couldnt go through, HAS actually gotten it to work. The reason why its not going through is because MMS is not enabled on your ATT account. My buddy just uploaded the edited ipcc file to his 3G iphone and called ATT to enable MMS on his account... that worked like a charm for him. before he got ATT to enable MMS on his account he was getting the same sending error.

So, if youre on ATT and you are at the point to where you can attempt to send an MMS, you have it working. You just have to get ATT to enable MMS on your account. i hope you are a smooth talker because most ATT agents will pretend like they know nothing and will not help you.

thats my story and im sticking to it

edit: in the spirit of full disclosure, i REALLY hope ATT just blanket enables all iPhone plans for MMS this summer and not just 3G plans because i myself still have the 1st gen and i really want to be able to send MMSs!!!!!! (with the apple app not swirly)
    Last edited by poprocks; 2009-06-28 at 02:12 AM. Reason: full disclosure

Nah. I am on TMobile and get the same error.

we are using 2g iphones not 3g, its not quite that easy haha.

Quote Originally Posted by poprocks View Post
    guys, correct me if im wrong here... but, everyone who is actually at the point where you are sending the MMS but it errors out saying it couldnt go through, HAS actually gotten it to work. The reason why its not going through is because MMS is not enabled on your ATT account. My buddy just uploaded the edited ipcc file to his 3G iphone and called ATT to enable MMS on his account... that worked like a charm for him. before he got ATT to enable MMS on his account he was getting the same sending error.

So, if youre on ATT and you are at the point to where you can attempt to send an MMS, you have it working. You just have to get ATT to enable MMS on your account. i hope you are a smooth talker because most ATT agents will pretend like they know nothing and will not help you.

edit: in the spirit of full disclosure, i REALLY hope ATT just blanket enables all iPhone plans for MMS this summer and not just 3G plans because i myself still have the 1st gen and i really want to be able to send MMSs!!!!!! (with the apple app not swirly)
    The problem is actually that the MMS settings aren't saving. The CoreTelephony patch method reports that MMS isn't configured in a log somewhere on the phone. I'm on Meteor in Ireland and have used SwirlyMMS, have put in the exact same settings, and it won't work with this method...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

I have T-mobile and I have verified all the settings and called t-mobile to verify I have mm, still cant send.

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    how do you update the carrier bundle? any help?
    In Windows XP:

Start -> Run and copy and paste everything in bold: "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 (provided that's where you installed iTunes)

Then go to iTunes and hold down "Shift" and click on "Check for Update".

Then navigate to the location where you saved the carrier bundle. Remember to change your file type to .ipcc.

T-Mobile USA Carrier bundle (I really hope someone redoes it):

Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post

3. Reboot. Connect to iTunes and update your carrier settings with this: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

ddfilms (2009-06-28)

I can confirm that this is not the cause why we can't send mms. I have an iPhone 2g and my sister an iPhone 3G. Both of us have the same carrier, data plan and the same carrier.ipcc settings. She can send mms with the same settings and I can do it with my sim card on other mobile phones so I think there's another file we need to patch to enable mms.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    In Windows XP:

Start -> Run and copy and paste everything in bold: "C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 (provided that's where you installed iTunes)

Then go to iTunes and hold down "Shift" and click on "Check for Update".

Then navigate to the location where you saved the carrier bundle. Remember to change your file type to .ipcc.

T-Mobile USA Carrier bundle (I really hope someone redoes it):

I appreciated it, but I am on Mac 10.5.7

also do I unpack the zip file or just change the name (T-Mobile_US.ipcc.zip)?

rats, i was hoping i was right... for the sake of us all

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    I appreciated it, but I am on Mac 10.5.7

also do I unpack the zip file or just change the name (T-Mobile_US.ipcc.zip)?
    I have found two more ways to do it.

1st - Your itunes have a backup of your carrier.ipcc file saved on your Macintosh HD under
    [user]/Library/Itunes/iPhone Carrier Support/
    to modify that file you need to rename it to [your_carrier].zip and then decompress it. It will decompress a folder with the name Payload. Inside it there will be a file [your_carrier].bundle. Right click it and select show package contents. You then alter your Carrier.plist that is inside it, save it and do the inverse process to generate the new Carrier.ipcc file.
    Before updating your ipcc you have to enable ipcc support on itunes. Just start Terminal (Applications > Utilities) and type:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    To update, just plug your iPhone and under itunes press alt+update and navigate to your new carrier.ipcc and update it.

2nd - SSH to your iPhone. Navigate to
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/[your_carrier_folder].bundle/Carrier.plist
    make a backup of it before modifying it just to be safe. You can then alter the Carrier.plist and save it on the same folder on your iPhone.

I have found that modifying the Carrier.plist using the 2nd method is easier.
    I will show a pic of mine, wich is identical to my sister's functional mms on iPhone 3G (except it has the AllowMMSEditing, AllowEDGEEditing)
    Under apns>1, the one with the type mask 4 is the one with the settings for mms. Those are mine settings and I don't need to modify them. I also don't know if you have to modify the type mask for yours also.

Last edited by ZexX_pt; 2009-06-28 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Missing info

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ZexX_pt For This Useful Post:

aoeking2 (2010-01-19)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    come on guys....stay focused, there are thousands of threads to find mms settings and **** like that.

have we ruled out permissions problems?

don't post in such a matter of fact way... you don't seem to be paying attention... AT&T isnt the issue for the 30 previous posts talking about t-mobile.

Last edited by fosiacat; 2009-06-28 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by fosiacat View Post
    come on guys....stay focused, there are thousands of threads to find mms settings and **** like that.

have we ruled out permissions problems?

don't post in such a matter of fact way... you don't seem to be paying attention... AT&T isnt the issue for the 30 previous posts talking about t-mobile.
    I check the files: M68AP.plist, AppSupport (not the patched version), CoreTelephony (patched version) and set the permissions to: rwxrwxr-x (775). Rebooted and still no go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

reset at close? resetting commcenter, thus resetting the settings we put in? maybe? am i way off?

im trying that now.. just rebooted.
    Last edited by fosiacat; 2009-06-28 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I compared commcenter files. Exactly the same. 2 changes made in the CoreTelephony patch but I am unsure what they were.

Default Seen this?
    Has anyone seen this:
    HowTo: Activate Video Camera W/ Trimming in iPhone 2G/3G | FSMdotCOM

Its how to enable video editing on 2g.... maybe some clues in they're M68AP..... http://www.spaziocellulare.com/ispaz...azio_m68ap.zip

They claim you can send it with mms? "NOTE 2: just to be clear. YOU CAN NOT RECORD at the moment. This is just a preview, and it’s in the works. You can now just upload your own videos , trim the videos and upload to youtube and send them as MMS ( not tested with youtube, seems to work with MMS )"

Edit: Sorry, already on the board.... I thought they might have edited something to do with the MMS not just the camera.
    Last edited by eosmontana; 2009-06-28 at 05:03 AM. Reason: WOOPS!.... already on the board.....

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    I compared commcenter files. Exactly the same. 2 changes made in the CoreTelephony patch but I am unsure what they were.
    i'm sorry when u say you compared them, did u debug the arm executables or did you just compare the sizes and do a md5? because I do believe the problem lies with the Commcenter (not the .plist but the one in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter). However, I do not have an apple developer account and do not know how to debug iphone arm executables.

I used HexCMP which is a hexeditor for comparing the internals of files.

Quote Originally Posted by eosmontana View Post
    Has anyone seen this:
    HowTo: Activate Video Camera W/ Trimming in iPhone 2G/3G | FSMdotCOM

Its how to enable video editing on 2g.... maybe some clues in they're M68AP..... http://www.spaziocellulare.com/ispaz...azio_m68ap.zip

They claim you can send it with mms? "NOTE 2: just to be clear. YOU CAN NOT RECORD at the moment. This is just a preview, and itís in the works. You can now just upload your own videos , trim the videos and upload to youtube and send them as MMS ( not tested with youtube, seems to work with MMS )"
    We've seen it, it's on the board here. It enables the switch but stops the iris from opening at all thus stopping you from taking video or pics. You get to edit videos you manually place in the folder since you can't record.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 2009-06-28 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    I used HexCMP which is a hexeditor for comparing the internals of files.

We've seen it, it's on the board here. It enables the switch but stops the iris from opening at all thus stopping you from taking video or pics. You get to edit videos you manually place in the folder since you can't record.
    Guess we are kinda dead. looks like its written for the newer processors , thus preventing us from running the program

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast