Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello guys,
    im also working on the voice-control + video recording function for the iphone 3g.
    i will update this post once i found new interesting things.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gonano View Post
    Yeah it would help if that little 9 year old girl in Kenya of the iPhone hackers tribe did her part too!

Out of your billions of people not even hundreds are working on activating video for 2G/3G.

Conclusion. Your post was an epic fail.
    mr. pretentious,

unfortunately you fail to see the irony your post. if not even a hundred people are working on this post, and they haven't figured it out yet, then logically: the situation is grim.

your false piety amuses me. the only thing that's epic in here is your total nievety

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    mr. pretentious,

unfortunately you fail to see the irony your post. if not even a hundred people are working on this post, and they haven't figured it out yet, then logically: the situation is grim.

your false piety amuses me. the only thing that's epic in here is your total nievety

False, maybe about 3-4 of us are actually "Working" on this, hundreds of people are watching though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok little update about the voice control..
    ive searched through all the files and found some interesting things.
    We need the following file to get Voice-control to work: com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd(.plist)
    otherwise we are not able to start voice control.
    more updates soon.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    i'll be the first to admit i'm watching.
    right there with u lol. im watching too

Another one watching from the sidelines. ;-)

If you guys could just enable video editing of my Cycorder videos, with iPhoto/Image Capture sync to my Mac, and keep Camera.app for taking photos, I'd be more than happy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    ok little update about the voice control..
    ive searched through all the files and found some interesting things.
    We need the following file to get Voice-control to work: com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd(.plist)
    otherwise we are not able to start voice control.
    more updates soon.
    thanks
    Deadline...there is another thread already here about the voice control http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...ly-3-0-os.html in which many files were found pertaining to voice control however like you said..the com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd is missing which can only be found in someone who physically owns a 3GS and is willing to share these certain files!

Good wrk however!

I have a jailbroken 16 GB iPhone 3GS... if you want any files, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post

(to decrypt the firmware, read this. If you don't understand it, you probably shouldn't be messing with it.)

VFDecrypt Keys - The iPhone Wiki
    VFDecrypt Keys: 3.x - The iPhone Wiki

Ok, this is my post from earlier in the thread. Follow the links, and you should be able to get the entire 3gs filesystem, complete with all its files.

As the post says, if you don't understand what it means to decrypt the firmware/ you don't understand what the links tell you, you shouldn't try this.

3GS binaries (that includes apps like /Applications/Calculator.app/Calculator and bundles) do not work on the 3G and 2G (or iPod counterparts). They don't. They're for different CPUs. StealthBravo and I have already decrypted the firmwares and tried it even before the 3GS jailbreak was out. The binary crashes (if it's an app -> app crash, if it's a system tool -> Apple logo of death).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwaldowski View Post
    3GS binaries (that includes apps like /Applications/Calculator.app/Calculator and bundles) do not work on the 3G and 2G (or iPod counterparts). They don't. They're for different CPUs. StealthBravo and I have already decrypted the firmwares and tried it even before the 3GS jailbreak was out. The binary crashes (if it's an app -> app crash, if it's a system tool -> Apple logo of death).
    thats ture that they dont work cuz of a diffrent CPU but people are getting apps to work right by using hex editers and setting the CPU rights to 6 instead of 9

hey guys , after i restored my origin M68AP.plist .. the camera still doesn't work !!

anyone can figure this out ><"?

Well, i haven't posted lately even though I have been working on this. There are a few things that I have changed in my search. I realized that i cannot make the 3gs camera work on 3g because the 3gs camera is a video camera and the 3g camera is a still camera so either I would have to rewrite the entire camera app to something like cycorder but keep the GUI the same or simply work on getting the video editing on without affecting the still camera. So that is my new focus because we can record with cycorder or iphonevideorecorder and simply make them save to 100APPLE. If the still camera still works and video editing is enabled, there is no need for apple's builtin video camera. With video enabled in this way it would also allow for mms sending of videos. Don't expect anything soon because I am in school and spend much time studying. If any of you know how to code with xcode let me know so you can interpret some code for me please.

And for those who care to know, the apps in 3GS are the same in code as 3G with the exception of the CPU type and and the use of axbundles.

If you resprung, then try to reboot as this has worked for some.
    Last edited by kinthamen; 2009-07-14 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

GREAAT , it works again thnx alot
    do u think if i reboot the iphone 3g with 3gs' camera it will work :P >> just kidding .

it's a nice idea if s.b. rewrite the 3gs camera for 3g
    i wish i know how to write a programe

keep going guys !!

here we go man!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3GS Users
    ***Note: The 3GS decrypted dmg file is DIFFERENT from the actual 3GS which ppl have...
    In the actual 3GS, their are important files/plists stored within the /var/mobile directory and all its sub-directories.
    In the 3GS dmg file, many are absent---which is why we need someone with a 3GS to SSH into their phone and copy some of those directories....***

We all know that you can decrypt the firmware using vfdecrypt and access some of those files, however it does not include all the complete files

can we force the iphone to use the free space as a RAM ??
    i know it's a silly idea , it's a wish ..

^^actually some smart OSes like windows do that ...

Hey guys, glad to hear everyone jumping in and taking control. I've been gone for a bit and have some bad news... I sold my 3G. So other than working with the files on my comp and 3GS I must be forced to give up the rope. Continue on though and remember nothing is impossible!
    "the only constant is change."

Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast