Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

I sent a video to myself from my wifes phone, and got the video editor to let me size the clip. i didnt mess with it much because the quality was terrible.

k edit it gives me just this. with no real abilities
    Last edited by myke580; 2009-07-02 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i noticed the same thing, but has no editing options. just scrolling.

Thanks

I appreciate everyones hard efforts into trying to enable the 3G[S] camera app on the iPhone Edge and 3G but quick question,and this is just a suggestion/question don't you think it'll b easier to duplicate the singularsing Apple's API's kind of like BiteSMS did with the native messages app and just make it compatible with the iPhone Edge and 3G...but have all the features iPhone is missing (like the features Snapture offers, camera zoom, picture distorting (ie sepia, black n white pix etc.) ) and have a toggle for recording in the same app and make it pretty much look like the native app or am I dreaming ?
    32 GB iPhone 3GS
    Firmware: 3.0, 04.26.08 Baseband
    Carrier: AT&T 5.0 w/ tethering and mms active

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well, we know that we can edit video. i know that the 3gs records at 30frames and the 2g is at 15frames. i'm ok with that. i'm not a plist editor or an elite hac-sore of any kind, but if this isn't possible please explain why. here is what i'd like to see done.

Open camera app with switch enabled, but able to take photos.

now when you flip the switch to video, it kills camera.app and opens cycorder or video recorder 3g or some new one i dont care, just any video recorder on 2g.
    when you save the video, it saves to camera roll, thus enabling editing and video mms.
    whatever app we use as the video should have the same type of switch at the same location in order to lower confusion. when you flip the switch it kills the video recorder and opens camera.app

is this a crazy idea? why or why not? i mean it's 3am and i'm super tired, but my mind is racing... just got done writing an 8 page essay over the differences of concepts of beauty in genders and cultures across the world... i dont know. who gives a damn. i dont need a 5 page report, but a nice explanation would go over well with me and possibly the rest of the community.

Update: i had a second to make a really bad photoshop of my idea. i used MS-Paint lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

alozng (2009-07-02)

Quote Originally Posted by capo07 View Post
    I appreciate everyones hard efforts into trying to enable the 3G[S] camera app on the iPhone Edge and 3G but quick question,and this is just a suggestion/question don't you think it'll b easier to duplicate the singularsing Apple's API's kind of like BiteSMS did with the native messages app and just make it compatible with the iPhone Edge and 3G...but have all the features iPhone is missing (like the features Snapture offers, camera zoom, picture distorting (ie sepia, black n white pix etc.) ) and have a toggle for recording in the same app and make it pretty much look like the native app or am I dreaming ?
    I think, and this is just my opinion, that the point is to make the native apps work. Cycorder already works on 3.0 so taking videos is already accomplished. I have yet to find a way to send a video from Cycorder, but recording is as easy as it was on 2.2.1.

It would be relativly easy to point the toggles to a different app but that wouldn't achieve the goal of proving that the new apps will work on the older hardware..

That's my 2cents on the topic. Great work so far to everyone working on this fix for us!

http://tinyurl.com/ispazio3gsmod -Translated to english for those who havent read it.

Is this mod legit? its been a week since its been updated.

Everybody who is working on this KEEP up the good work. This would take the video mod to the next level!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    Is this mod legit? its been a week since its been updated.
    It is the one we have been discussing. You can switch on video editing feature, but camera stops working entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
    It is the one we have been discussing. You can switch on video editing feature, but camera stops working entirely.
    Yeah thats what I was aware of, but is there a possibility that it could have its kinks and bugs fixed to make this an actual mod? or are we going in circles?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    Yeah thats what I was aware of, but is there a possibility that it could have its kinks and bugs fixed to make this an actual mod? or are we going in circles?
    I would say chances are very slim. You never know, of course, but different CPU type and different camera hardware in 3Gs are very difficult to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
    I would say chances are very slim. You never know, of course, but different CPU type and different camera hardware in 3Gs are very difficult to beat.
    I'm not looking to have the 3GS camera, simply, I just want to use camera to have a toggle switch between it and a video app(either iphonevideorecorder or cycorder).
    Last edited by Hobbes.; 2009-07-02 at 11:57 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Developers also found a few under-the-hood changes in the iPhone 3.1 software beta to the OpenGL and Quartz engines and an Video Editor Controller API, which allows third-party applications to call up the video editing interface.
    !!??...seems interesting as many ppls ideas on this thread relate to this...video-editing & Cyorder?

Guys sell your phones on eBay and just get 3G S!

Well, as far as using cycorder and iphonevideorecorder to create videos and send them via mms, I took out the folder that iphonevideo recorder uses to save and created a shortcut to 100APPLE and renamed it iphonevideorecorder (name of the folder i deleted) and it worked to save to that directory, but for some reason it does not show in videos. I think the encoding or size might be unreadable. So iphonevideo recorder saves with the pictures, but the videos dont show if anyone wants to investigate any further.

i forgot to mention that i also added the video-camera so i could get the video editing but snapture also cannot activate the still camera with it on. VideoRecorder works though, but no still camera.
    Last edited by kinthamen; 2009-07-03 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i cant get the video to show up on my 2g phone. i have the modded plist file, ive copied over a .mov file into var/ mobile/ media/ dicm/ 100apple with WinSCP, reboot phone. go to to camera roll. click on videos, but nothings there????

Why doesn't someone just remake the whole Camera app from scratch. Like anyone can make a program that brings up camera, all someone has to do is code a switch that will load the same Video camera option as iphonevideorecorder or cycorder. I hope that made sense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rudiguy View Post
    Why doesn't someone just remake the whole Camera app from scratch. Like anyone can make a program that brings up camera, all someone has to do is code a switch that will load the same Video camera option as iphonevideorecorder or cycorder. I hope that made sense.
    Well we can do that but it more complicated then u think. i think that in no more then 2 weeks we should have things working 100%

Quote Originally Posted by kinthamen View Post
    another thing to note is that if you take out the still-camera from m68AP.plist that the camera icon will not show. So "still-camera" loads the icon and there is something hidden that enables the camera, but on the flip side, if you add "video-camera" together it clashes with the still-camera settings. If anyone can figure out how to edit the plist so that video-camera can point to still-camera icon, it might allow the still camera to work with the video camera GUI.
    i have a modified N88AP file i wanna try, but how do i get the phone to recognize it, or "put it in line" with M68 and N82?

i think the still-camera key needs to be on a different plist file than video-camera key. (as you know they clash when put together)

Thought of that too, but i am not a programmer and that would require someone to talk to whoever created iphonevideorecorder or cycorder for their code. So until a programmer gets with the program that wont happen soon. So, for now i am just looking at the binaries of the camera app and seeing if i can change the arm 9 to arm 6 and the 3 megapixels to 2.5 megapixels.

Quote Originally Posted by rxracer View Post
    i have a modified N88AP file i wanna try, but how do i get the phone to recognize it, or "put it in line" with M68 and N82?

i think the still-camera key needs to be on a different plist file than video-camera key. (as you know they clash when put together)
    Well, what i did was renamed n88ap to n82ap and added an include at the bottom with n88ap. So it loads it first and then renamed n82ap to n88ap with an include at the bottom with m86ap. So it loads it second and then the last load is m68ap.

It loaded just as if i had put the video-camera boolean in m86ap. No luck there.

But does anyone have a mac with xcode and a iphone 3gs? What i am getting at is that there is a debugger in xcode that when you do anything on the iphone it tells you the who, what, when, and how about the action that was just performed. It shows me what happens when i load the camera app. i just wanted to see if there is another lib that it opens the shutter with video enabled.

Here is what happens when i open the camera app without video-camera Boolean as yes.

Fri Jul 3 00:30:04 unknown UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobileslideshow[0xd33][133] <Notice>: MS:Notice: Installing: com.apple.mobileslideshow
    Fri Jul 3 00:30:04 unknown UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobileslideshow[0xd33][133] <Notice>: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/Backgrounder.dylib
    Fri Jul 3 00:30:13 unknown /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/MobileSlideShow[133] <Notice>: +JPEGDecompressSurface :: JPEGCreateCGImageRefFromCFData() called +
    Fri Jul 3 00:30:14 unknown /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/MobileSlideShow[133] <Notice>: JPEGDecompressSurface : Picture decoded successfully
    Fri Jul 3 00:30:14 unknown /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/MobileSlideShow[133] <Notice>: -JPEGDecompressSurface :: JPEGCreateCGImageRefFromCFData() exiting -

and here is what happens when i try to load the camera app with video-camera boolean as yes.

Fri Jul 3 00:30:04 unknown UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobileslideshow[0xd33][133] <Notice>: MS:Notice: Installing: com.apple.mobileslideshowFri Jul 3 00:31:38 unknown UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobileslideshow[0xb2d][152] <Notice>: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/Backgrounder.dylib
    Fri Jul 3 00:31:45 unknown MobilePhone[149] <Warning>: Task key exchange timed out
    Fri Jul 3 00:31:50 unknown /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/MobileSlideShow[152] <Notice>: +JPEGDecompressSurface :: JPEGCreateCGImageRefFromCFData() called +
    Fri Jul 3 00:31:50 unknown /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/MobileSlideShow[152] <Notice>: JPEGDecompressSurface : Picture decoded successfully
    Fri Jul 3 00:31:50 unknown /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/MobileSlideShow[152] <Notice>: -JPEGDecompressSurface :: JPEGCreateCGImageRefFromCFData() exiting -

These are the actions i did:

-press camera app
    -attempt to press button to snap a picture
    -press photo image on bottom left
    -press done
    -move the switch right then left (only if available)
    -press home button

Now i just need one from a 3GS
    Last edited by kinthamen; 2009-07-03 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

sad truth is that any1 who has a 3GS is least interested in this thread...and will certainly just overlook it...
    what 3GS owner actually wants to know how to enable video recording on the 3G/2G?

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    sad truth is that any1 who has a 3GS is least interested in this thread...and will certainly just overlook it...
    what 3GS owner actually wants to know how to enable video recording on the 3G/2G?
    i wouldnt mind

Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast