Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1517

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    ^well technically...it would be different for the 3G/3GS because the main thing would be the cpu..armv9 vs armv6..and the 3GS version lists all its features its capable within the file too (accessibility..voice-control..etc.) while the 2G/3G ony list whats its capable of (still-camera..etc.)

Now their is a possibility...of:
    1)taking the 3GS version and changing the name to correspond with the 2G/3G..then changing its arm architecture from arm9 to arm6

2)Copying all the 3GS-related features into the 2G/3G (voice control folders..accessiblity folders..video-recording folders..nike-ipod..pretty much everything the 3GS is listed to do which the 2G/3G wasnt)

3)And finally (as a last step) after rebooting phone to make sure its still booting and no restore is needed.....to edit the main plists to "tell" the iphone it has the capabilites so it will start reading/finding them....
    Whats involved is always has always been no less than changing THUMB2 commands to THUMB equivalents on the 3gs binary.

There is no other way around this if hacking is your strategy.

So posting screenshots from a hex editor is a JOKE. This job REQUIRES reversing from IDA or the linux reverser tool that Geohot wrote at the very least.

The easier method than Hacking the firmware is simply get a developer to rewrite or hack Cycorder to save to the DCIM folder in the correct naming convention....that is simply the simplest way to go about it.

Reversing the 3gs firmware even only the portion that covers the camera to arm6 instruction will simply take forever.

geomazo
    goodmorning guys!
    Well as you know we are all working on native video recording and I have found some very interesting files I would love to share with you. But first I would like to remind that (as has already been before) that Apple has enabled native video recording on the 3x firmwares, but somewhere there are not some binaries that enable video recording. And that' s where we need to check! Well in these weeks I have found some interesting files (I don' t know if they have already been discovered):

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.dyld/dyld_shared_cache_armv7
    /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/MobileSlideShow
    /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/begin_video_record.caf
    System/Library/Audio/UISounds/end_video_record.caf
    And some others.

Well, the file we need to mod is the MobileSlideShow ^__^ the question is: WHAT we have to edit? I don' t think we have to edit the setBackgroundColor:blackColor. Because in july I tried to mod it, writing clearColor. And yes I signed it. But I think we have a problem ^__^. Probably the signin process we used (you and me, too) it's not correct, because some of my testers had errors ;-)
    So I see what I can do. Ok?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well the end_video_record.caf and begin_video_record are just sounds that are the same as voice memos start and stop (and have been in since 3.0 as well)

Hello everyone !!
    I have just been looking at the privateframeworks of my 1st gen iphone, when I found something interesting in Celestial.framework
    I found the following folders with different plists in each :
    M68
    N45
    N72
    N80
    N82
    What I realised was that N88 was missing. So I decrypted the iphone 3GS 3.1.2 firmware and found that the N88 was there, but the M68 was missing.
    There is a plist named AVCapture.plist in M68, N82 & N88. It is identical in M68 & N82 but in the N88, it is quite different. It has many more strings & features described.
    Suprisingly, I found mentions of video resolution, max framerate & min framerate under the key AVCaptureMode_PhotoCapture.
    I just wanted to share this with everyone.
    Good Luck with the Project !!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1191 View Post
    Hello everyone !!
    I have just been looking at the privateframeworks of my 1st gen iphone, when I found something interesting in Celestial.framework
    I found the following folders with different plists in each :
    M68
    N45
    N72
    N80
    N82
    What I realised was that N88 was missing. So I decrypted the iphone 3GS 3.1.2 firmware and found that the N88 was there, but the M68 was missing.
    There is a plist named AVCapture.plist in M68, N82 & N88. It is identical in M68 & N82 but in the N88, it is quite different. It has many more strings & features described.
    Suprisingly, I found mentions of video resolution, max framerate & min framerate under the key AVCaptureMode_PhotoCapture.
    I just wanted to share this with everyone.
    Good Luck with the Project !!!!!!!
    Interesting find....

that plist does contain info regarding recording...such as max framerate being 30 and minimum being 15...then further down another value which states the max being 15 and the minimum being 7...and like he mentioned the N88 is there in the 3GS, but not in the 2G/3G....while the M68 is in the 2G/3G but not in the 3GS...
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/

geomazo
    Quote Originally Posted by devteamtools View Post
    well the end_video_record.caf and begin_video_record are just sounds that are the same as voice memos start and stop (and have been in since 3.0 as well)
    yes I know that they are sounds, but I haven' t got a 3G/EDGE iphone so I couldn' t check ;-) now I am working again.

Quote Originally Posted by geomazo View Post
    yes I know that they are sounds, but I haven' t got a 3G/EDGE iphone so I couldn' t check ;-) now I am working again.
    What a joke...you can check that these are sound files a number of ways via your iPhone or your desktop....?

LOL, very interesting indeed

geomazo
    Quote Originally Posted by lolento View Post
    What a joke...you can check that these are sound files a number of ways via your iPhone or your desktop....?

LOL, very interesting indeed
    lol I did not say what you understood, but it doesn' t matter

ok guys I have found an interesting thing in the 3GS' MobileSlideShow binary.
    kGSVideoCameraCapability
    Last edited by geomazo; 2009-11-07 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by geomazo View Post
    lol I did not say what you understood, but it doesn' t matter

ok guys I have found an interesting thing in the 3GS' MobileSlideShow binary.
    kGSVideoCameraCapability
    No, I meant your discovery of these sound files is very interesting...GOOD WORK!!!

Then again any file in the 3gs firmware with video or camera references in the file name or under a hex editor is interesting...LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    Interesting find....

that plist does contain info regarding recording...such as max framerate being 30 and minimum being 15...then further down another value which states the max being 15 and the minimum being 7...and like he mentioned the N88 is there in the 3GS, but not in the 2G/3G....while the M68 is in the 2G/3G but not in the 3GS...
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/
    try renaming N88 to M68. i would but i dont have the decrypted firmware for the 3gs

iPhone? More like MyPhone branco145's Avatar
    Thanks

In some of the files in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework

are

soun
    vide

without "d" and "o" maybe this is helping us...

Thanks

About a month and a half ago, I was looking at those exact same files, but I was using 3.0 then, so I will take a look using 3.1, maybe there is a difference!

like i said b4 i was on leave so all the file mods i had done were on the device it self using a txt editor

Thanks

so you where editing binary files using a text editor on your iphone?

assuming that all the video recording files are in the 3g, except for the plists, today I am going to copy over every single .plist file and add it to my 3g
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-11-07 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

make sure you mod those files for the 3G!!

Thanks

Im going to

you cant use iphone browser with blackrain because its missing a file
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-11-07 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone branco145's Avatar
    Thanks

Where can I find the 3.1.2 3GS Filesystem? Or can someone upload it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

use iPhone folders... works with 3.1.2 and blackra1n! but its windows only.. the only bug.

Thanks

thanks macfan, thats not a bug for me, but I found a few plists dealing with video recording while I was going through every single plist

iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Guys

Looks like its coming along well and its seams that in the celestial.framework file and mobileslideshow yous found info containing the capabilities of the camera, maybe opening the shutter (making the camera screen go black) then setting it to record at a 2mp (iphone 2g/3g) level might work, but there was this idea further back but it got nowhere but now the files have been found it may help. And a question:-

does the camera screen go black when you remove the shutter because of the blackcolor command or because the settings of the camera are wrong ??

and also why would apple put video recording framework stuff on the iphone 2g/3g if it will never be used :S ??? and does that mean we don't need any more files to get this to work and all the files are there from apple and we just need to edit stuff or are only half of the files/frameworks there and we need to transfer them and edit/mod files ??

But i am not sure anyone will have the answers to them.

Oliver.

P.S.

Camera Capabilities :-

3MP (3Gs) -

Picture - 2048 x 1536 (i think)

Video - 640 x 480 @ 30 Fps

2MP (3G/2G) -

Picture - 1600x1200

Video - 320 x 240 @15 Fps

Just in case anyone needs to change them
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 2009-11-08 at 12:57 AM.

Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast