Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

Quote Originally Posted by federer90 View Post
    where is this thread about the possibility to enable the video recording on the 2G/3G???
    Идеи Активации фишек 3.0 на iphone 2G - Форум любителей iPhone и iPod Touch

But they are stuck and not going anywhere, smart guys there don't comment on this yet.

I didn't think it was only in russian...I can't understand a single word...

Quote Originally Posted by federer90 View Post
    I didn't think it was only in russian...I can't understand a single word...
    Google Translate

You surely cant understand anything if you dont know how to read russian. or atleast how to use google... lol....

well, one thing i have noticed is that if you mod M68AP and add the video-camera boolean checked only that you get the screen with the option to choose video but the shutter will not open. If you hit the picture button to view pics and then go back it activate the switch to choose video or pic but the only thing that happens when you move it from one to the other is the changed record button. So the controller must be in N88AP and something else must activate it. Perhaps a setting in settings like when you add the tethering and mms from mod the carrier settings.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Well...
    Well one thing is for certain, simply replacing 2G/3G files with the 3GS and then chmoding the directories/files 755 isnt enough....
    As I had tried that with the following directories/files (see attached list) & my iPhone just froze at startup (apple icon)...

But all is good again and will experiment again...just requires small baby steps

Any Suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    Any Suggestions?
    Again, don't try any 3GS binaries. They are compiled for a different CPU and include some commands, that are not supported by 2G/3G CPU. So only thing you can mess with - .plist files and maybe some other text-like settings.

i'll be taking a break and letting my dev buddies take over where i left off for now. going camping and there's no time for hacking random segments of code and altering numerous .plists in the woods.
    "the only constant is change."

this has gained my interest. Good work so far guys, keep going!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This and tethering on the 2G is my main interest. I'm glad we got MMS working.

Now we need video support!

Well, here is what i have done.
    -If you rename N82AP to anything else, it turns the phone to an ipod with full video and music app. (just a funny note)
    -N82AP has a link to M68AP so N82AP gets the action first then sends to M68AP.
    -M68AP is still-camera specific which is why when you type video-camera there is no shutter release. (clashing)
    -N88AP is video-camera specific since it even changes the opengles to 2 and has only video stuff including encoding info.
    -I renamed N88AP to N82AP and N88AP to N82AP
    -Changed the include in the new N82AP to N88AP
    -Changed the include in the new N88AP to M68AP
    -Respring
    -Check camera app and it shows the video switch and all but shutter still closed

This may be nothing, but it was an experiment to see what gets loaded first. In this case the N82AP is the first load so in the 3GS the boot order for the springboard is N88AP->N82AP->M68AP. That is why the video automatically loads on the 3GS. Now what is left to do is find the trigger for the toggle in the camera app so it can release the shutter in still-camera mode. I'm thinking it is embedded in the springboard app or camera app so it would require a new build to work.

Does anyone know what file controls the shutter and such?

Oh and the only files i changed aside from those is the new video encoders and added the decoder that was missing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just wanted to drop in and tell you guys you're doing a great job. You're doing a great job! i've been watching from the shadows working on MMS like a squirrel in the dark trying to open an acorn.

has anyone check this entire post yet?
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ne-edge-e-3g-2

watching and working on this as well...
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

Thanks

@rufio "
    there's no time for hacking random segments of code and altering numerous .plists in the woods."
    Woods hacking lol

Guys, check this thread: About binary difference of 2g/3g and 3gs

I've checked and all 3Gs videoencoder binaries are indeed set to CPU type 9 and not 6. I've tries to change this in hex editor, but with no luck. But this is definitely the direction we need to investigate further, otherwise it's no use, simple copying of 3Gs files won't work.

another thing to note is that if you take out the still-camera from m68AP.plist that the camera icon will not show. So "still-camera" loads the icon and there is something hidden that enables the camera, but on the flip side, if you add "video-camera" together it clashes with the still-camera settings. If anyone can figure out how to edit the plist so that video-camera can point to still-camera icon, it might allow the still camera to work with the video camera GUI.

so, how many times have we had to restore our phones after altering files? LOL!

im on #3

I'm not sure if Anyones noticed yet, but after using activatemms2g. When videos are sent it gives u editing features.

Thanks

Myke, u talking when you receive a video

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rxracer View Post
    so, how many times have we had to restore our phones after altering files? LOL!

im on #3
    #2 here

@stlcaddie: yes when i get video i can edit it.

Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast