Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1517

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

^it should be anything BUT physical modding..bcuz if thats the case then just go buy a 3GS!

are the connectors the 3gs camera module the same as a 3g? i doubt it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

some guy i think installed the 3gs 3mp camera a long time ago in a 3g and he said the connections where the same, but not sure if it will work

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hloz89 View Post
    Well im going to need a little bit of time, but he was able to enable the toogle for video like you guys figured out but he found the codes to fix the shutter and make it disapear allowing him to record, he also got it to edit and upload to email youtube everything exact just like the 3gs, the quality of the video is flawless it is so amazing. But like i said i need time to get everything down because he is going to show me how to do it. So please be patient on me because from what he has told me it is a very long prosess. And for all of us who where trying hard to bring something new to 3g users the hard work will be payed off soon. Just give me time. I will try to upload the video he has. To give a preview of what we will use in couple of days!
    Heya! Can you post a sample video? I would really like to see how well the 3G records video.. what's your friend's youtube acct?

Thanks

hey, mkblade, and oliverjones, you got to the blackscreen be deleting the file called cameraclosediris.png in photolibrary.framework, it turns black for me to, so now try and delete that file and add clear color to the plists and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    I never trust any ones word when they have less than 10 posts... Just sayin'
    well then you can just go **** yourself!!!

Thanks

I trust him, a random person wont just pop into a thread unless they have good news, because whats the point, they would be wasting there time!

Quote Originally Posted by hloz89 View Post
    well then you can just go **** yourself!!!
    How bout you prove your claim
    If you like this, don`t forget hit THANKS button!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanandkevin View Post
    hey, mkblade, and oliverjones, you got to the blackscreen be deleting the file called cameraclosediris.png in photolibrary.framework, it turns black for me to, so now try and delete that file and add clear color to the plists and see what happens!
    yes we did...h/e like i said when i do add the clearColor string it just crashes the camera app..same with photos.app

Thanks

ok, I went back to 3.0, couldnt get video recording switch to work in my phone, I got it to work once, but while the phone was in a boot loop, I re added the original plist and the iphone booted with the camera switch enabled, but in 3.0, it was enabled right away

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanandkevin View Post
    I trust him, a random person wont just pop into a thread unless they have good news, because whats the point, they would be wasting there time!
    same here...i mean if he really has something then thats y he would post otherwise like u said he would be just wasting time....just take time dude but make sure to post "something reliable" eventually so you can prove urself...

what the binaries do "tell us" atleast is which files it loads/needs in order to let the overall app function, and mobileslideshow.app seems to rely on:
    /usr/lib/dyld
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibrary.framework/PhotoLibrary
    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation
    /System/Library/Frameworks/GraphicsService.framework/GraphicsService
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation
    /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MusicLibrary.framework/MusicLibrary
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileMusicPlayer.framework/MobileMusicPlayer
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IAP.framework/IAP
    /System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBookUI.framework/AddressBookUI
    /System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework/AddressBook
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpringBoardServices.framework/SpringBoardServices
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ImageIO.framework/ImageIO
    /System/Library/Frameworks/MobileCoreServices.framework/MobileCoreServices
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/AppSupport
    /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

which makes sense cause the mobileslideshow.app is the photos+camera app and the photos.app allows us to choose photos for contacts,etc..which is why addressbook is listed there as well....

However, Camera.file from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Camera.framework seems to rely only on a "few":
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Camera.framework/Camera
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation
    /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSurface.framework/CoreSurface
    /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/QuartzCore
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics
    /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Now if you notice..just those two apps require few of the same frameworks (duh) and so if you think about it...if you edit one framework for just one of the apps..then you end up changing values for other apps which use that same framework as well..causing the iphone to be stuck at the boot bcuz its looking for those modified changes in its other frameworks files as well but those values are "original"..(not changed)..so the frameworks will not correspond with each other..
    In simpler terms...if we edit/change one binary from a frameworks folder...we need to first check what other frameworks it needs so we can make the necessary changes to that as well...(and if thought about..it essentially IS changing all binaries of the 3GS firmware to be compatible with the 2G/3G, [hmm..maybe we should just go ahead and do it and compress it into one unique firmware])
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-10-15 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

also, in the binaries of photolibrary, there are some files that needed to be taken in consideration! If we change photolibrary to armv6, we might have something! because what, I have noticed is that all the files of the 3gs video are there, the recording sounds, the darker red recording button, we are just missing something either in a plist or one of the binary's of mobileslideshow or photolibrary

Edit: also, in 3.1, they take out the photolibrary binary out of photolibrary.framework, but in 3.0 its there, that means apple, is really trying to limit any hackers to get video recording to work!
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-10-15 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^not just the photolibrary but all major binaries are missing.....only the plists are there..which is why dg to 3.0 is a better idea...cuz in 3.1 all binaries are hidden meaning not much we can do..
    but yea like u said all video-recording "related" files,sounds,etc are already in place unlike Voice Control, and its just missing this "link"..and the addition of the key in the plists..

Thanks

Before I go off and do other things, I think I have just discovered that in no way is this a binary file change, so what I did was I backed up photolibrary and mobilslideshow, then I added the video editing and video switch icon to the plist file, then I restarted my iphone, and then I re added the photolibrary and mobilslideshow app that I original backed up before the plist change and the black screen still happened and no shutter opened, that means it has to be a plist file that where missing or a line of code where missing!

Also, I went through mobileslideshow and it contains all the necessary code to enable video editing, but no code at all for taking videos! Either does the 3gs file system!
    PL, stands for plist in the binary files, so where ever it says pl, we need to find that plist in the 3gs and see if contains the right code to open the shutter!
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-10-15 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

make a .deb for this sh*t

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i agree.. but i really want to get a test version of this..

oh this waiting game is fun fun fun!

Thanks

hey, can someone fine the file PLcameraview in the iphone or iphone 3gs, I think thats the plist we need to get this working, so I think its cameraview.plist

Ok, I need someone with an active 3gs to get the plist cameraview.plist, its somewhere in the iphone, its not in the decrypted files, you have to get it from an active 3gs and I think thats the plist where missing because that is what the shutter looks for in the video camera

in order to load

Timberline: PLCameraView Class Reference

The link above is a diagram of all the files the camera uses and in what order it uses them

supposedly the file is here, but I cant find it, it might be in an active 3gs
    ..../PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibrary/PLCameraView.h
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-10-15 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does this help ya?
    http://ericasadun.com/iPhoneDocs300/...mera_view.html
    and
    http://ericasadun.com/iPhoneDocs300/...8h-source.html
    you may also need this:
    http://ericasadun.com/iPhoneDocs300/...8h-source.html

I guess it would go here:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibrary.framework
    Last edited by rbisconti97; 2009-10-15 at 07:24 PM.
    If you like this, don`t forget hit THANKS button!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to rbisconti97 For This Useful Post:

mkblade (2009-10-15)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Good work so far guys. Real talk, you guys really impress me in this thread. I really actually feel you guys are so close to finding the answer and solving the great VR problem. Keep it up!!

Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast